Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, I bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road over this past Christmas season and started getting into Overlanding, although it is more like Weekendlanding.

My wife and I are not really campers or out-doorsy. Our idea of roughing it was always Holiday Inn. We did have one trip late fall, just one night camping and running the a rented Tacoma on a light trail. We actually had a blast. So, little by little, getting all the camping gear.

I guess I have been stalking the forums for a couple months and did not realize I had not dropped in to introduce myself. Now that we are all spending quality time at home, here I am. We live by Lake Norman, north of Charlotte.

View attachment 145839
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: NC Old Man Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy! New guy from Central Texas. Started primitive camping many, many years ago with the family and we've slowly progressed to the point of now owning an absurd bumper pull RV. It's fun and has it's place, but I'd really like to get back to primitive camping. Right now I'm looking at starting with a RTT to mount on top of my truck (Dodge 2500), but ultimately would like to build an off-road trailer. This system will also play well into my annual trips out west to hunt elk, antelope, mule deer, etc.

Anyways, glad to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Randy
Welcome to Overland Bound Randy.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Contributor I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Rapp
Welcome. I am in Denver as well. Would love to be working on my projects during this chaos, neither of my rigs fit in the garage. How you holding up?
Im good thanks! Im building a drawer system, installing more exterior lighting, and adding a vector bar for all my gadgets. Gotta take advantage of working form home while I can. Only real concern is if home depot closes lol

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel
Welcome to Overlanding. I hope you and yours are well and staying safe. I am the northwest Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.
Great choice of rig... I have a 2nd gen Ram 2500 that used to be my overlander.
If you have any questions we are here to help. My inbox is always available.

dbw

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
david
Last Name
wilton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a
Greetings. I'm Dave.
Location... Winnipeg, Manitoba
Experience at this sort of thing.... next to zero. Always had an interest in this kind of activity. Spent a lot of time in remote areas in my career.
Vehicle.... 2019 honda passport
retired pilot fixed and rotary wing.

bgriest

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Jackson, Wy
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Griest
Member #

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and overlanding in general. I'm not new to 4x4 and off-road, but am looking for more family friendly outlets for recreation, hence the beginning of this build. I now have a 1 year old daughter and a one year old to me (2003) LX470. My main motivation for joining was the interactive map, which I have a couple questions about. I'll look for the appropriate place to post that. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to meet some great folks out on the trail.

side view.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all. New to the forum. New to Overlanding. The family and I have been jeeping for a while, but we just bought a trailer to start doing some longer overlanding trips. Below is our vehicle and our new Intech Pursue
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and overlanding in general. I'm not new to 4x4 and off-road, but am looking for more family friendly outlets for recreation, hence the beginning of this build. I now have a 1 year old daughter and a one year old to me (2003) LX470. My main motivation for joining was the interactive map, which I have a couple questions about. I'll look for the appropriate place to post that. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to meet some great folks out on the trail.

View attachment 145880
Hi Brad, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Greetings. I'm Dave.
Location... Winnipeg, Manitoba
Experience at this sort of thing.... next to zero. Always had an interest in this kind of activity. Spent a lot of time in remote areas in my career.
Vehicle.... 2019 honda passport
retired pilot fixed and rotary wing.
Welcome to the OB community David.

Reactions: Kent R and dbw

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone, I bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road over this past Christmas season and started getting into Overlanding, although it is more like Weekendlanding.

My wife and I are not really campers or out-doorsy. Our idea of roughing it was always Holiday Inn. We did have one trip late fall, just one night camping and running the a rented Tacoma on a light trail. We actually had a blast. So, little by little, getting all the camping gear.

I guess I have been stalking the forums for a couple months and did not realize I had not dropped in to introduce myself. Now that we are all spending quality time at home, here I am. We live by Lake Norman, north of Charlotte.

View attachment 145839
Hello Max, welcome to the OB community.

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Rig: 2017 Jeep Renegade Sport
Experience: Beginner, interested in simple trail rides and camping.
Hey guys my name is Josh. I am a Navy veteran and am moving back to Augusta for a second time. I look forward to learning and seeing all the rigs! My Renegade is still stock but hoping to start getting some toys soon.
Nice Renegade! Welcome! I have a '19 Trailhawk. Just installed a Front Runner rack on it about 3 mos. ago.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy! New guy from Central Texas. Started primitive camping many, many years ago with the family and we've slowly progressed to the point of now owning an absurd bumper pull RV. It's fun and has it's place, but I'd really like to get back to primitive camping. Right now I'm looking at starting with a RTT to mount on top of my truck (Dodge 2500), but ultimately would like to build an off-road trailer. This system will also play well into my annual trips out west to hunt elk, antelope, mule deer, etc.

Anyways, glad to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Randy
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all. New to the forum. New to Overlanding. The family and I have been jeeping for a while, but we just bought a trailer to start doing some longer overlanding trips. Below is our vehicle and our new Intech Pursue

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel
Welcome to Overland

Reactions: Kent R and twocoals

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all. Glad to finally officially join this community. I'm from Southern California. So what better time than a lockdown than to explore online? I have a wife and a 3 year old. We started camping last year as a family. We were using a 2017 Outback 3.6R which served us well. We have subsequently switched to a 2017 GX 460 and plan on using this as our adventure vehicle. Loved the Outback but we wanted the larger engine.
  1. Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of the U.S. West member representatives so if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.
Make sure and browse the New member threads, for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Point & the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trainings & trail runs.

I look forward to meeting you out on the trail.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey y'all! Little late to this forum as I've been on here for about 3 months, but it's better late than never! I am 17 years old and live in the DFW area in the great state of Texas. I drive a 4x4 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 and I am fairly new to the overlanding game; however, I've been camping, fishing, and doing things in the outdoors for as long as I can remember. I am currently planning some trips for my friends to take this summer and slowly but surely building out my rig. I look forward to getting to know the overlanding scene and learning about how to maximize my outdoor experience.

Reactions: ATune2 and Kent R