Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey y’all I’m Blake. I’m a Novice at overlanding but I’m an off-road enthusiast. I currently have a 17 Ford F-350 DRW but also looking for a smaller truck for eventually overlanding and to drive to work (which is sometimes.. well a lot of time off road through mud and rock). I pipeline for a living so the 350 will still be pulling the 5th wheel as I practically live on the road. Therfore I’m all over the states. My avatar is my Superduty.
Welcome Blake, to the OB community.

rollinwithregina

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Scotts Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Forrest
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Hello from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion diesel to use as our build platform. We are experienced campers and have been getting into overlanding the past few years. Currently we use a 2011 Outback with mods for off road but needed something bigger so we got the Excursion. A trip to Moab last year made us realize we want to do longer overland trips and get way out there.

We are looking forward to some meet ups, future adventures and building the rig to get us where we want to go.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion diesel to use as our build platform. We are experienced campers and have been getting into overlanding the past few years. Currently we use a 2011 Outback with mods for off road but needed something bigger so we got the Excursion. A trip to Moab last year made us realize we want to do longer overland trips and get way out there.

We are looking forward to some meet ups, future adventures and building the rig to get us where we want to go.
Welcome to the OB community. I have heard that the diesel Excusion is a great vehicle.

Reactions: Kent R

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello everyone! My name is VJ(Virgil). im from Tucson AZ. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee that i am building up into our family's overland/camp rig. it has a 4" lift and 31" tires. need to install roofrack and supplies and go hit some back country trails! I'm not new to 4x4'ing but it was mostly rock crawling. So it will be new to me to not thrash on my vehicle. Cant wait to meet some of you and maybe see you on the trails!
VJ, Welcome to the group!, The older Cherokee is a great little rig for exploring, really capable and lots of parts and accessories to be had. Sounds like your already off to a good start with the lift. Enjoy your travels.

Reactions: Kent R and VJarman

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Greetings all, this is my first post as I just joined.

Rig: 2020 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison - will be installing a bed rack next week, and intend to acquire a RTT.
Experience: Just what I have picked-up on You Tube. Really excited to explore.
I’d love to get my wife and kids involved, but scheduling is not easy with everyone’s busy lives. Because I’m self-employed, I can take long weekends, and really hoping to meet others in my area who want to explore a little. I have minimal off-reading experience, and no serious rock climbing. I’d love to find lakes and break-out the inflatable paddle boards, or even bring a mountain bike. I’ll bring the whiskey.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Be sure to browse the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two areas will help you find local meetups, trainings and trail runs.

From your location there are several local monthly meetups, within driving distance from you. There is Gold Country Overland in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland in Cameron Park, The Elk Grove Meetup and the Central California meetups in Ripon. The next Gold Country meetup is on Saturday March 7th from 6;30pm to 8;00. it will be held at the Round Table Pizza, 370 Elm Avenue, Auburn, Ca.

Refer to Rally Points for the other meetup dates and times.

Look forward to meeting you..

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all, just signed up today. Excited to learn and share experiences. I’ve got a 95 jeep YJ, that I’m slightly modifying. Living in the Bay Area, looking for more outdoor activities for myself and my family,
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Be sure to browse the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two areas will help you find local meetups, trainings and trail runs.

From your location there are several local monthly meetups, within driving distance from you. There is the Tru-Valley Meetup, in Pleasanton, Gold Country Overland in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland in Cameron Park, The Elk Grove Meetup and the Central California meetups in Ripon. The next Trip-Valley meetup will be a "Skills Day" at Hollister Hill OHV, on March 7th. Refer to Rally Points for Start times.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!
my name is Dave, and im from the Sf bay area- Livermore to be exact. i stumbled upon this community and website a little over a year ago and decided on a membership recently. car camping and backpacking is what i grew up doing, so it just made sense to merge to two, so to speak. ive got an old Xj i'm preparing for the outdoors and our first trip should be in either the pinecrest or alabama hills area this year.

From your location there are several local monthly meetups, within driving distance from you. There is the Tru-Valley meetup, in Pleasanton, Gold Country Overland in Auburn, Sierra Foothills Overland in Cameron Park, The Elk Grove Meetup and the Central California meetups in Ripon. The next Trip-Valley Meetup will be held at Hollister Hills OHV park, on March 7th. Refer to Rally Points for start times.

Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello VJ (@VJarman), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Tucson on March 19th. Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: KA7USA

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hey y’all I’m Blake. I’m a Novice at overlanding but I’m an off-road enthusiast. I currently have a 17 Ford F-350 DRW but also looking for a smaller truck for eventually overlanding and to drive to work (which is sometimes.. well a lot of time off road through mud and rock). I pipeline for a living so the 350 will still be pulling the 5th wheel as I practically live on the road. Therfore I’m all over the states. My avatar is my Superduty.
Hello Blake (@Superduty23 ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region.....for the moment anyway. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Ohnereue

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pemberton, NJ, USA
First Name
Marlena
Last Name
Spearnock
Member #

Hey Everyone! Marlena here, new member in the East :grin:

Live in the Pine Barrons of New Jersey!
Drive a lifted 2005 STI swapped Subaru Outback XT.
Moderate experience- I live within 10 minutes of 4 different state park/preserve entry points so adventuring is a weekly occurrence. Excited to be here!ohnereue3.JPGohnereue2.JPGohnereue1.JPG

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Reactions: Ohnereue and Kent R

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

@Claminator welcome Linda and Jim to Overland Bound.

As @Kent R said, I am one of your member representatives.

we have several events on the 2020 calendar so far.

June 15-18 WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Rout) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” travel approximately 1 section a day exploring Washington’s Backcountry in route to the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Preregistration is now open through March 31, 2020. Tickets will be available at the gate for a slightly inflated price. RSVP by May 31st to Campout with fellow Overland Bound Members, family and friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they take us on a journey through their Ranch. Start the weekend off with a potluck dinner and campfire on July 3rd, fallowed by a parade through Dayville on July 4th with 3 more days of adventures. Contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions for more information.

@Gabriel Bozeman is working on monthly events in your area so keep a watch in the Member Meetups for more activities and events popping up close to you.

feel free to contact @Kent R , @Gabriel Bozeman , @Sandpoint Steve or myself @Slimpartywagon if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Member Representative
Thanks! February has been a busy month. We'll see if we can make it to at least one of the two in June.

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Welcome! Glad to have you here!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thanks Gabe!

cssimeur

Rank I

Contributor III

USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Simeur
Hey, I'm Chris. I grew up in the Midwest, but lived in many of the regions of the US. Currently in WA state and plan on being in this general area (Washington/Idaho/Montana) into the forseeable future.

My dream vehicle(s) is/are a ’93/’94 Land Cruiser and a new Ram 3500 Prospector XL. Never going to happen, but have to fantasize about something.

My current rig is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71. It has 0” lift, and stock size wheels and tires :D) Would love to start building it out, but am a total newb when it comes to appropriate choices while staying in my GVWR. Is it appropriate to ask questions I have about my build in people who have similar vehicles build threads?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey, I'm Chris. I grew up in the Midwest, but lived in many of the regions of the US. Currently in WA state and plan on being in this general area (Washington/Idaho/Montana) into the forseeable future.

My dream vehicle(s) is/are a ’93/’94 Land Cruiser and a new Ram 3500 Prospector XL. Never going to happen, but have to fantasize about something.

My current rig is a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71. It has 0” lift, and stock size wheels and tires :D) Would love to start building it out, but am a total newb when it comes to appropriate choices while staying in my GVWR. Is it appropriate to ask questions I have about my build in people who have similar vehicles build threads?
Welcome to the Northwest Chris,
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) and @Munga Brown (Oregon) are the regional member representatives. They will help you find any information you might have. Ask away in the build thread if it’s pertinent to their build, and doesn’t hijack the thread. You also will find good responses in Rig Q&A section.

Here is a list of events in 2020

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and cssimeur

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Welcome to the OB community Chris. Ask all the questions you want but also search the forums for pertinent subjects.

GhostfaceRebel35

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mount Olivet, KY, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
S.
Member #

Glad to be here.

Name: Brent
Ride: ‘20 Rebel
Interests: Having Fun, outdoors, sports (War Eagle / VFL Football 07-11), fitness freak, beer/bourbon guy.

Looking for some good trails in the area DB NF, KAT, and TN Dirt Devil are the only ones I know. Daniel Boone is the only one I’ve been on.