Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All
Name: John T.
Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: I’m a noob to the overlanding world but my mantra is function over fashion so I plan to build in minimalist manner.
Welcome to Overland Bound John.

When you are in SoCal don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

In Washington the Regional Director is @Slimpartywagon, if you have any questions. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

Overland Expo West and Mountain West this year;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: JohnT20850

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Arkansas. Been camping since I can remember. I've had this old Cherokee for a couple years now. Been exploring a few times in it. Now I just want to put the two together. Found out about this community from the youtube channel.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @BlueLineOverland, @Prerunner1982, @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Derek Leggett. I live in Marietta, GA and have 2002 4Runner. I have a decent amount of off road experience growing up in Georgia red clay and spending time in the Marines driving in various terrain from the North Carolina mountains to the sand dunes of Dubai and a more. I am looking forward to adventuring more out west.
Welcome To Overland Bound Derek.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper, @rrjones2u

Reactions: Derekleggett

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody, new here! Haven't done much overlanding but have been checking things out here for a while and figured this would be a good compliment to the kayaking and mountain biking I do.

I'm from West Virginia and I'm driving a 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 with a 3.5" lift and 33's plus a couple other minor mods. I look forward to exploring the forums a bit more and talking to everyone here!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum as I recently got into overlanding (last year) due to some friends taking me out on a trip. I never realized how much fun we could have taking our trucks exploring in the woods and getting away from the concrete jungle. My other hobbies include saltwater fishing and waterfowl hunting, so overlanding is now another adventure to take the truck and dog on. A little about myself:

1. Terence, San Jose, CA
2. 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Longbed SR5
Upgrades:​
Bilstein 5100s with Old Man Emu 885's​
1.5" Add a Leaf​
265/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs​
BAMF Rock Sliders​
Prinsu style (DIY) roof rack​
LED Bed lights​
LED Fog lights​
3. Limited overlanding experience
Did trips to Leavitt Lake and Barney Riley​
Looking for any suggestions, guidance, and advice that you all can offer. I'm looking to get my wife into overlanding as well, so any suggestions for some intro trips in Northern CA would be much appreciated!
Welcome to Overland Bound Terence.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new here.

I am in Oklahoma and am a Novice to overlanding. I have done a few trips but nothing major.
I have a 2005 Toyota Sequoia with more plans for than time to work on.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm Terran I drive a 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0 XLT nick named Susan. I'm from the PNW. Susan is currently under the knife but here's the jist.
33" pro comp xtreme mt2's
Affordable offroad front/rear bumper
Rear Ox cable locker
Warn 8k lb. Winch.
Premier power welder

Thats about it. Picture is from before the uprgradesView attachment 141644
Don’t hesitate to message your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon, if you have any questions. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Munga Brown OR Coast.
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Terran Mace

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
I'm from Valley City, Ohio.
I drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
I have ZERO overlanding experience but I plan to change that this year. I just bought my 4Runner this past October (2019). I'm open to any and all advice, suggestions or questions. I'm going to need A LOT of help from this community to make my overland dreams come true!
View attachment 141641
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: JuddWilder3G

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum as I recently got into overlanding (last year) due to some friends taking me out on a trip. I never realized how much fun we could have taking our trucks exploring in the woods and getting away from the concrete jungle. My other hobbies include saltwater fishing and waterfowl hunting, so overlanding is now another adventure to take the truck and dog on. A little about myself:

1. Terence, San Jose, CA
2. 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Longbed SR5
Upgrades:​
Bilstein 5100s with Old Man Emu 885's​
1.5" Add a Leaf​
265/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs​
BAMF Rock Sliders​
Prinsu style (DIY) roof rack​
LED Bed lights​
LED Fog lights​
3. Limited overlanding experience
Did trips to Leavitt Lake and Barney Riley​
Looking for any suggestions, guidance, and advice that you all can offer. I'm looking to get my wife into overlanding as well, so any suggestions for some intro trips in Northern CA would be much appreciated!
Hi Terrence, glad you are hear!

Currently San Jose (land of my birth) does not have a regular meet up going but up in Pleasanton CA we normally meet the 2nd Sunday. March is a little different as we are switching up our meeting to Saturday March 7th down at Hollister Hills OHV Park. We are combining our monthly meeting and a training day. Here’s a link with more info:

I am the Bay Area member rep and I’m here to answer local questions you might have as Kent mentioned. The calendar is a great place to check out any trips happening that you might want to join up with!

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Dave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. My name is Marco and I just joined this organization. I am located in Dallas Texas driving a 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I have been doing overlanding for over 10 years, some of them internationally. Glad to be part of this community. Talk to you soon. View attachment 141639
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey OB family. Excited to be finally part of the movement. Our family hangs our just south west of Denver, CO on 4 acres. I have tons of backpacking experiences, but new to Overlanding. I was introduced to the idea about 20 years ago on my first trip to Ethiopia, where I got to see a Cape to Cairo expedition in the capital. It was there that I saw my first Land Rover Defender 110 up close and personal. It was then that my love for the iconic vehicle began and my desire to one day do the Cape to Cairo.

Last June, the first phase of the plan came to be. Working with a broker out of MN, I bought Maud, my 1990 RHD Defender. She was formerly a Search and Rescue Ambulance in Cheshire, UK. To say that I smile all the time is putting it mildly. I'm building her out myself with the intention of Overlanding North America with our family of 5.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from overland east
Montréal canada
Jeep jku overland rig
View attachment 141626

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
Brand new to overlanding. I’ve done a lot of tent/TT camping. I’ve been watching ALOT of overlanding YouTube videos and really like what I’m seeing.
My rig is a 2010 F150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat. The picture was taken recently after I put a 2” leveling kit (struts), rear shocks and new tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18).
I live in Little Rock, Ar, although work takes me to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida Panhandle and Tennessee.
I look forward to learning from everyone!

safe travels!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, glad to be parts of this!
Location- Colorado Springs
Rig- 1991 jeep wrangler yj w/ alot of mods
Overland experience- I have been offroading for well over 20 years, really enjoy trail riding through the mountain lately. So It has lead me to overlanding, as of now I treat it more like backpacking with a vehicle!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Four corners area
2010 Tundra regular cab 4x4
less overlanding experience, more backpacking, whitewater, rafting, cycling, skiing.
Welcome to overland bound.
You are on the boarder of two regions, Rocky Mountain and Southwest.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Another new member here! My wife, Dani & I (TJ) just got our first overland rig and are very excited about it! We picked up a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (TJU) or “LJ” as they’re commonly referred to. It’s in great shape as it lived its life in a garage in Arizona.
We are based in Billings, Montana and are looking forward to exploring the Rockies! View attachment 141337
Welcome to Overland Bound TJ & Dani

Nice looking TJU, they are a great platform for Overlanding, kinda hard to find now but well worth the search.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Adventures With Maud

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pine, CO, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Elsner
Member #

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All!
Jason here joining the ranks of outside life! Can't wait to go more places and see great things, like.. Mountains again, Gandalf, Mountains!
North Dakota... yes its chilly.
2018 JLUR
Not much experience, had some this past year in CO with family! Loved it and looking forward to more!

View attachment 141717
Hi Jason, welcome to the OB community. Like your rig but will have to stay away from you, I'm seriously allergic to "Poison Ivy!" LOL.

80Lex

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Hi everyone - I bought my 80 a few years back and have spent quite a bit of time around/under the truck baselining and learning how to turn a wrench doing preventative maintenance and even a few more challenging projects. It’s been my trusted daily driver and will continue to be for some time but I am looking forward to a gradual process of buildIng it into an even more capable overlanding rig. I also look forward to getting off the beaten track and providing ample opportunity for adventure with my growing family (son had his first birthday last week!). Happy trails...

Location - Memphis, TN
Rig - 1997 Lexus LX450 (80 series LC), stock for now :)
Experience - Novice

Attachments