Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I am in the Stillwater region. Thank you for the help!
No too far. Keep an eye our for an event in the area probably early June.

I had to look up Navina actually didn't know where that was lol.
Yeah, I like the obscurity. :wink:
I'm kinda of between Edmond, Guthrie, and Cashion.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, glad to be parts of this!
Location- Colorado Springs
Rig- 1991 jeep wrangler yj w/ alot of mods
Overland experience- I have been offroading for well over 20 years, really enjoy trail riding through the mountain lately. So It has lead me to overlanding, as of now I treat it more like backpacking with a vehicle!
Welcome to the OB community Zane.

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @Terran Mace , Nice Ranger... my dad has one about the same vintage that he has owned since almost new.
I am the US Northwest Director. Your member representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) , @Munga Brown (Oregon), and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho). We are all here to help you along your journeys through the forum as well as helping find members close to interact with.

2020 Events Listening has most of the scheduled events going on the Northwest as of February 21st. More events will be added as the come available so make sure to subscribe to the thread.

Member Meetups is another place to see events that are occurring through the Northwest along with the rest of the OB world.

Overland Bound By Region is where the Regions post mews that pertains to Overlanding and the region in general.

M. Rose
OB #20990
US NW REGIONAL DIRECTOR

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,
I'm Terran I drive a 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0 XLT nick named Susan. I'm from the PNW. Susan is currently under the knife but here's the jist.
33" pro comp xtreme mt2's
Affordable offroad front/rear bumper
Rear Ox cable locker
Warn 8k lb. Winch.
Premier power welder

Thats about it. Picture is from before the uprgradesView attachment 141644
Welcome to the OB community Terran.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!
I'm from Valley City, Ohio.
I drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
I have ZERO overlanding experience but I plan to change that this year. I just bought my 4Runner this past October (2019). I'm open to any and all advice, suggestions or questions. I'm going to need A LOT of help from this community to make my overland dreams come true!
View attachment 141641
Hi everyone!
I'm from Valley City, Ohio.
I drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
I have ZERO overlanding experience but I plan to change that this year. I just bought my 4Runner this past October (2019). I'm open to any and all advice, suggestions or questions. I'm going to need A LOT of help from this community to make my overland dreams come true!
View attachment 141641
Welcome, Michael, to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. My name is Marco and I just joined this organization. I am located in Dallas Texas driving a 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I have been doing overlanding for over 10 years, some of them internationally. Glad to be part of this community. Talk to you soon. View attachment 141639
Welcome to the OB community Marco.

Reactions: RoverMB and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey OB family. Excited to be finally part of the movement. Our family hangs our just south west of Denver, CO on 4 acres. I have tons of backpacking experiences, but new to Overlanding. I was introduced to the idea about 20 years ago on my first trip to Ethiopia, where I got to see a Cape to Cairo expedition in the capital. It was there that I saw my first Land Rover Defender 110 up close and personal. It was then that my love for the iconic vehicle began and my desire to one day do the Cape to Cairo.

Last June, the first phase of the plan came to be. Working with a broker out of MN, I bought Maud, my 1990 RHD Defender. She was formerly a Search and Rescue Ambulance in Cheshire, UK. To say that I smile all the time is putting it mildly. I'm building her out myself with the intention of Overlanding North America with our family of 5.
Welcome to the OB community Kenneth.

hanahou7

Rank 0

Contributor I

SF Bay Area
First Name
Terence
Last Name
Bantilan
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up for the forum as I recently got into overlanding (last year) due to some friends taking me out on a trip. I never realized how much fun we could have taking our trucks exploring in the woods and getting away from the concrete jungle. My other hobbies include saltwater fishing and waterfowl hunting, so overlanding is now another adventure to take the truck and dog on. A little about myself:

1. Terence, San Jose, CA
2. 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Longbed SR5
Upgrades:​
Bilstein 5100s with Old Man Emu 885's​
1.5" Add a Leaf​
265/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs​
BAMF Rock Sliders​
Prinsu style (DIY) roof rack​
LED Bed lights​
LED Fog lights​
3. Limited overlanding experience
Did trips to Leavitt Lake and Barney Riley​
Looking for any suggestions, guidance, and advice that you all can offer. I'm looking to get my wife into overlanding as well, so any suggestions for some intro trips in Northern CA would be much appreciated!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone!
Brand new to overlanding. I’ve done a lot of tent/TT camping. I’ve been watching ALOT of overlanding YouTube videos and really like what I’m seeing.
My rig is a 2010 F150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat. The picture was taken recently after I put a 2” leveling kit (struts), rear shocks and new tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18).
I live in Little Rock, Ar, although work takes me to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida Panhandle and Tennessee.
I look forward to learning from everyone!

safe travels!
Welcome to the OB community Sean.

megaoverlandsportsman

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas, USA
First Name
justin
Last Name
isbell
Member #

Hello Justin (@megaoverlandsportsman), welcome from Oklahoma....welcome back? :wink:

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

just added the facebook page and thanks for the info will be checking all those out had for me to get away from work Towing is 24/7 but i will do my best to make a meet up need to get outta town for once in the last year... Thanks Again..

jrelliott23

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Virginia
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Elliott
Hey everybody, new here! Haven't done much overlanding but have been checking things out here for a while and figured this would be a good compliment to the kayaking and mountain biking I do.

I'm from West Virginia and I'm driving a 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 with a 3.5" lift and 33's plus a couple other minor mods. I look forward to exploring the forums a bit more and talking to everyone here!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello, new here.

I am in Oklahoma and am a Novice to overlanding. I have done a few trips but nothing major.
I have a 2005 Toyota Sequoia with more plans for than time to work on.
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Derekleggett

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Marietta, GA, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Leggett
Member #

Hey everyone, my name is Derek Leggett. I live in Marietta, GA and have 2002 4Runner. I have a decent amount of off road experience growing up in Georgia red clay and spending time in the Marines driving in various terrain from the North Carolina mountains to the sand dunes of Dubai and a more. I am looking forward to adventuring more out west.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New member from Arkansas. Been camping since I can remember. I've had this old Cherokee for a couple years now. Been exploring a few times in it. Now I just want to put the two together. Found out about this community from the youtube channel.
Welcome to the OB community Richard.