Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks, It was taken on bull run trail outside CS, basically my back yard. Hate that city life aswell, that's why I get outdoors as much as possible.
I figured it was around that area... have you spent any time in Red Canyon? That’s some pretty amazing country for a short day trip.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @MrWSM1 i can’t wait to hear more of your adventures in the South. Even though I have been there, all my Overlanding experiences were done with my feet, and I had no clue to where we were going, how long we would be staying once got there, or how I was returning to civilization. The army was great at keeping us clueless.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
no i haven't, always looking for new places ill have to check it out, thanks.
Take 115 south out of CS, head to Penrose and take a right onto HWY50 West to Canon City. Once to Canon City take a right onto Field Ave and fallow it through the eastern side of town until you get to Res Cañon Road. Take a left to get to the Red Canyon. The road was paved when I was there last until you got into the canyons, then turns gravel with lots of places to explore. If you fallow the road long enough, you can get to Cripple Creek where you can hit “Old Gold Camp Road” and fallow that to Cheyenne Mountain Road and head back to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
Unfortunatly I can’t give turn by turn on“Old Gold Camp Road” to Cheyenne Mountain Road, as I only did that loop once and I was passenger (rock spotter)

Attachments

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey everyone!
Brand new to overlanding. I’ve done a lot of tent/TT camping. I’ve been watching ALOT of overlanding YouTube videos and really like what I’m seeing.
My rig is a 2010 F150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat. The picture was taken recently after I put a 2” leveling kit (struts), rear shocks and new tires (Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18).
I live in Little Rock, Ar, although work takes me to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida Panhandle and Tennessee.
I look forward to learning from everyone!

safe travels!
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sean(@JeepinVader ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Donald (@WingedHussar ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in Central Texas you are, but we do have a monthly meet up in Round Rock. https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Justin (@megaoverlandsportsman), welcome from Oklahoma....welcome back? :wink:

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

360Rambler

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Ramon, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Brinda
Member #

Hey Dave I’m Dave...well as one Dave to Dave to another I wanted to say nice rig! Glad you are representing Volvo! I love my iKamper RTT, looks like you are as well!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. For example the Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for February, March, and April.

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Thanks for the warm welcome @PapaDave! Yeah, I'm loving the iKamper RTT. Thanks for the info on the local meetup in Pleasanton, I'll definitely swing by and say hello in person. Look forward to learning more about Overlanding and getting out and having some fun!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Thanks for the warm welcome @PapaDave! Yeah, I'm loving the iKamper RTT. Thanks for the info on the local meetup in Pleasanton, I'll definitely swing by and say hello in person. Look forward to learning more about Overlanding and getting out and having some fun!
March is a little unusual in that we are moving the meeting to saturday down at Hollister Hills OHV park. There’s info on the forum under Tri-Valley about it

Last edited:

Adventures With Maud

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pine, CO, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Elsner
Member #

Hey OB family. Excited to be finally part of the movement. Our family hangs our just south west of Denver, CO on 4 acres. I have tons of backpacking experiences, but new to Overlanding. I was introduced to the idea about 20 years ago on my first trip to Ethiopia, where I got to see a Cape to Cairo expedition in the capital. It was there that I saw my first Land Rover Defender 110 up close and personal. It was then that my love for the iconic vehicle began and my desire to one day do the Cape to Cairo.

Last June, the first phase of the plan came to be. Working with a broker out of MN, I bought Maud, my 1990 RHD Defender. She was formerly a Search and Rescue Ambulance in Cheshire, UK. To say that I smile all the time is putting it mildly. I'm building her out myself with the intention of Overlanding North America with our family of 5.

Attachments

RoverMB

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Irving, TX, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Bulgarelli
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Marco and I just joined this organization. I am located in Dallas Texas driving a 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I have been doing overlanding for over 10 years, some of them internationally. Glad to be part of this community. Talk to you soon. IMG_7542.JPG

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Marco and I just joined this organization. I am located in Dallas Texas driving a 2002 Land Rover Discovery. I have been doing overlanding for over 10 years, some of them internationally. Glad to be part of this community. Talk to you soon. View attachment 141639
Welcome Marco!

Reactions: KA7USA and Kent R

JuddWilder3G

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Valley City, OH, USA
First Name
Michaela
Last Name
Staufer
Member #

Hi everyone!
I'm from Valley City, Ohio.
I drive a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5.
I have ZERO overlanding experience but I plan to change that this year. I just bought my 4Runner this past October (2019). I'm open to any and all advice, suggestions or questions. I'm going to need A LOT of help from this community to make my overland dreams come true!
IMG_0612.jpg

Terran Mace

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Sedalia Mo
First Name
Terran
Last Name
Mace
Member #

Hello everyone,
I'm Terran I drive a 1996 Ford Ranger 4.0 XLT nick named Susan. I'm from the PNW. Susan is currently under the knife but here's the jist.
33" pro comp xtreme mt2's
Affordable offroad front/rear bumper
Rear Ox cable locker
Warn 8k lb. Winch.
Premier power welder

Thats about it. Picture is from before the uprgrades20190630_142812.jpg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Marco (@RoverMB), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a fairly re-occurring meet up in the DFW area.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Derek (@DerekF), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. Where about's in OK are you?

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is also a local Member Rep up in the Tulsa area.