Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Hi, folks. Newbie here from Southern California. I love getting out in the hills and desert exploring and camping, and am hoping to work up to some great adventures. There's nothing like that feeling of discovering a new place of beauty you've never seen before, mixed with the confidence that comes from being prepared. Or mostly prepared...

Anyway, maybe I'll see you out there before too long. All the best!jeep.JPG

Jim

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sharpsburg, MD
Member #

Hey everyone, just wanted to officially introduce myself. I am located in Charleston SC and have a 2013 FJ Cruiser. Overlanding will be a new adventure for me in the coming year, but I grew up camping routinely in PA.

Looking forward to interacting with you all in the future.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello!
This is my attempt to introduce myself as a new member of Overland Bound. I am in Washington State not to far from Seattle.
I drive a 1998 Toyota Tacoma, 3.4 L V6. It came with a small lift kit and very oversized tires. I swapped out the big tires for a size that is more appropriate for my use. Next I needed to install an add a leaf kit to the rear to accommodate the extra weight of the overland gear I carry. One day I would like to lock up the rear diff. I have many years experience with overlanding/driving backwoods, logging roads, trail blazing etc., but I have only been on trails that were rated easy to moderate two or three times.
Whereabouts do to live? I'm in Union and always eager to get out when I can.

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello, HD here and would like to congratulate myself in becoming an Overlander!!!

Rig: 1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
Experience: Beginner

I'm new to the scene and love the community and outdoors! Met a few people along the way in which are very helpful with all my questions. Great to become a member and hope to meet a few others along the way. I drive a 1996 FZJ80 that has been tastefully modded, here are a few pictures taken with my phone. My journey awaits!!

Love the look of your truck. Great color, wheels, perfect all around. Jealous, although I seem to be jealous of lots of rigs on here.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Whereabouts do to live? I'm in Union and always eager to get out when I can.
I live kinda between Renton and Issaquah. I too am eager to get out when I can. I haven't got out as much as I like, probably get out more once my daughter gets back to school. I hope all is well with you, your truck, and River(?) as well. Are you going to OTG2?

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hey everyone, just wanted to officially introduce myself. I am located in Charleston SC and have a 2013 FJ Cruiser. Overlanding will be a new adventure for me in the coming year, but I grew up camping routinely in PA.

Looking forward to interacting with you all in the future.
Well isn't this interesting. I lived in Charleston a long time ago but presently live in Pa. Where did you used to go camping in Pa?

Jim

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sharpsburg, MD
Member #

Well isn't this interesting. I lived in Charleston a long time ago but presently live in Pa. Where did you used to go camping in Pa?
I grew up in Greencastle PA. So most of my camping was around that area since I was younger. I've been to parts of WV and MD as well. My best friend growing up, and I, built a campsite at a creek near my house and we would spend almost every weekend there in the summer.

ce4460

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington
First Name
Will
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I live kinda between Renton and Issaquah. I too am eager to get out when I can. I haven't got out as much as I like, probably get out more once my daughter gets back to school. I hope all is well with you, your truck, and River(?) as well. Are you going to OTG2?
I am going to OTG. You?

iSTUNT

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

SE Houston
Member #

Love the look of your truck. Great color, wheels, perfect all around. Jealous, although I seem to be jealous of lots of rigs on here.
Ce4460,

Nothing to be jealous of.. As a 80 series owner, I will help you in anyway to get you there. I am too jealous of many 80 rigs... Adams Box Rocket Build has inspired me to find a moonglow pearl and come as close but yet unique in my own way. He has made a great visual reputation for himself and i hope I can to. Best of luck buddy!!!

Reactions: NorthStar96

raundhaus

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey Folks,
I'm just beginning to explore the "overlanding" world after a life of other outdoor recreation. My brother was quite the overlander before overlanding was cool, if you will, and I learned a lot about 4x4 driving, and getting unstuck the old fashion ways from him (hooking a strap to a buddy's rig and having him yank you out was all we ever needed).
Anyway, I am interested in this community, the back roads and jeep trails around my region, and learning more about back-country navigation.

Here are the basics
1) Location: Central Oregon (Washington Family Ranch Young Life Camp to be specific. Google it, it's awesome here). Plenty of off-road driving to do on our 65,000 acres!

2) Vehicle #1 (Primary adventure vehicle): 1995 4runner 22re 5speed 4x4. Pretty much stock other than oversize AT tires like they all have, some big cheap bug-eye lights from the previous owner, and aftermarket rear springs to overcome the typical saggy rear on these things.

Vehicle #2: 2007 Tundra Double Cab 4x4. This is absolutely bone stock but thankfully it has a canopy. Plan is to build a sleeping platform and outfit it with the mounts necessary to travel with Mt Bikes efficiently (my primary hobby).

3) Overlanding Experience: Minimal. I did a sweet 2-day trip down the Historic Barlow Road near Mt. Hood which was awesome and gave me the itch. Since then I have not done much but am planning to begin chipping away at the OBDR soon.

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey Folks,
I'm just beginning to explore the "overlanding" world after a life of other outdoor recreation. My brother was quite the overlander before overlanding was cool, if you will, and I learned a lot about 4x4 driving, and getting unstuck the old fashion ways from him (hooking a strap to a buddy's rig and having him yank you out was all we ever needed).
Anyway, I am interested in this community, the back roads and jeep trails around my region, and learning more about back-country navigation.

Here are the basics
1) Location: Central Oregon (Washington Family Ranch Young Life Camp to be specific. Google it, it's awesome here). Plenty of off-road driving to do on our 65,000 acres!

2) Vehicle #1 (Primary adventure vehicle): 1995 4runner 22re 5speed 4x4. Pretty much stock other than oversize AT tires like they all have, some big cheap bug-eye lights from the previous owner, and aftermarket rear springs to overcome the typical saggy rear on these things.

Vehicle #2: 2007 Tundra Double Cab 4x4. This is absolutely bone stock but thankfully it has a canopy. Plan is to build a sleeping platform and outfit it with the mounts necessary to travel with Mt Bikes efficiently (my primary hobby).

3) Overlanding Experience: Minimal. I did a sweet 2-day trip down the Historic Barlow Road near Mt. Hood which was awesome and gave me the itch. Since then I have not done much but am planning to begin chipping away at the OBDR soon.
Welcome to the fourm. You have a couple very capable rigs for overlanding.