First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all,

Stoked to be a new member. Grew up in Portland, OR but I’ve been a resident of Los ANGELES for the past 10 years. Realizing my need for more off the grid adventuresand more time in the garage wrenching. Just picked up a “new to me” 2017 Ram Rebel and an AT Overland Habitat. If you’re in the SoCal area and want to explore with my navigator (wife) and two furry engineers (dogs) let’s get in touch.

My build aspirations are more camp lifestyle focused to begin with and will eventually evolve into suspension and performance based projects. Understanding this is not my final project truck I look forward to having a tricked out camper on the new diesel Ram Rebel in the next couple years for far superior mileage.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

View attachment 128991
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups
US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
2894983B-B284-4B2C-BBD1-D831856B3602.jpegLocation: Castaic, CA (40mi north of Los Angeles)
Rig: 2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L
Overlanding Experience: Novice. I have experience hiking, backpacking, and at sea navigation.

I am super excited to officially be apart of this highly recommended community. I am also excited to represent the 2-wheel community.

My name is Brandon Avila and this is my first off-road capable motorcycle. I come from a paved road riding background but have decided to take the next step in my desire to explore more off the beaten path. I am a US Navy Submarine veteran and have experience navigating using electronic and paper charts while serving as a Navigation Electronics Technician. I can’t wait to put my experiences to the test and eager to learn from everyone in this community.

Attachments

JayPerry

Rank III

Contributor III

208 Spirit Hill Circle, Smyrna, TN, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1JHP
Service Branch
US Army (IN - 11A)
Hello Overlanders! I have been following the forums for a while and have received great information - finally decided to join!

Rig: 2015 4Runner Limited with several “over landing” upgrades
Overland Experience: Moderate

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
View attachment 129051Location: Castaic, CA (40mi north of Los Angeles)
Rig: 2017 Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L
Overlanding Experience: Novice. I have experience hiking, backpacking, and at sea navigation.

I am super excited to officially be apart of this highly recommended community. I am also excited to represent the 2-wheel community.

My name is Brandon Avila and this is my first off-road capable motorcycle. I come from a paved road riding background but have decided to take the next step in my desire to explore more off the beaten path. I am a US Navy Submarine veteran and have experience navigating using electronic and paper charts while serving as a Navigation Electronics Technician. I can’t wait to put my experiences to the test and eager to learn from everyone in this community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups
US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @Barclay or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R and Narwhal

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

My name is Ross Stotts 43 Magnolia Texas. I have been outdoors all my life hunting, fishing, four wheeling , side by sides all of it. I just built a new truck a 2019 Tacoma TRD 3” lift with Roam RTT and Diamond
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello, everyone! I'm Chris, and I am checking in from Chickasha, OK, just Southwest of Oklahoma City. I drive a 2017 Ford F150 XLT FX4. I am truly an overlanding noob, rookie, whatever term you prefer! I've always had an interest in it, mostly fueled by chasing drilling rigs across some parts of Oklahoma and Texas for the better part of the last 14 years. I was exposed to beautiful out of the way locations and now that I am office based, I want to get out and explore. Thanks for having me!

View attachment 128733
Welcome from Tulsa! We have an Okie forum if you wanna chat with other locals.

jwheel1970

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Wheelock
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LZH
Service Branch
USN
San Diego, California
2017 Toyota Tacoma - Some mods:
REDARC dual battery system, deep cycle for 12v refrigeration, etc. AIrLift air bags, LED lighting (interior), ARE shell, BFG ATA tires
We go to Baja Mexico a few times a year - nothing very crazy, a lot of highway miles. Looking to get more time in the dirt.

Moparwoody

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Big Spring, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Overland Experience: novice
I got interested in overlanding after finding Overland Bound and Trailrecon on YouTube. I then realized this is what I wanted to do. My first rig was a 2003 Hummer H2 but it was too wide for most trails. Our first trip was back country in Big Bend National Park. image-f4003d38-80a4-473f-994e-6de20a716053.jpg

Iwata77

Launch Member

Pathfinder II

First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Overland Experience: novice
I got interested in overlanding after finding Overland Bound and Trailrecon on YouTube. I then realized this is what I wanted to do. My first rig was a 2003 Hummer H2 but it was too wide for most trails. Our first trip was back country in Big Bend National Park. View attachment 129065
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

rbaker1757

Rank I

Contributor III

West Alexander, PA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Baker
Hello from South Western PA.
Been tent camping for many years but relatively new to overlanding.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Willys Wheeler slightly modified but not anywhere near where I want it.
My two kids are a bit older now and just about out of the house so my wife and I are looking to do a little more exploring and getting back to nature.

Attachments

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Hello from South Western PA.
Been tent camping for many years but relatively new to overlanding.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Willys Wheeler slightly modified but not anywhere near where I want it.
My two kids are a bit older now and just about out of the house so my wife and I are looking to do a little more exploring and getting back to nature.
Richard, Welcome to Overland Bound.