Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My Name is Lance, I currently live in the East Bay of Northern California in Livermore, but I'm originally from Orange County, CA.

I work in Footwear Development and Creation for Ariat. I make all the boots!

I have had 5 consecutive Jeep Wranglers, 6" Long Travel Kits, Spider Co Fenders and Cage, 35's, but more of a crawler. I've been really into the Overland style for a long time but haven't actually done it. I currently have an 08 JK that I'm selling, cause I think it's time for a change, and I have 2 small boys so I need a bigger vehicle.

I'm here to ask questions and learn all I can! I'm in the market for a new vehicle, just not sure what I'm going to do yet which is another reason I'm here. I'm thinking a full size truck like a Tundra, for the family, but I haven't ruled out a 4Runner, just have to put a rack on for the storage. My dog is a Great Pyrenees that 120 lbs, so he takes all the room. So If I say the 4Runner isn't ruled out I guess the new JLU isn't either..........choices choices. Anyway, thanks to everyone here, can't wait to really learn what Overlanding is all about!!!!!!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

N0ble7

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kew Garden Hills, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Delatorre
Member #

Hi everyone, new member from NYC.

Rig: 2012 Nissan Rogue with a few upgrades.

New to overlanding but familiar with car camping. Looking to fit out and get out further than the local NYS camping sites. Very glad to be here and interact with everyone.

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from the Nebraska Panhandle - close to the Rockies and the Black Hills. Lots of opportunities for my Titan XD build.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Cendee . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Lawrence, I am from the Bremerton area. I dont have a vehicle....yet. Looking to buy a new jeep and see where it takes me. Hoping to learn from all of you as a make these upcoming decisions. Looking forward to it!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Jedi . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB and members:
New member here.
Joined to find more camping outings etc. Had a variety of small campers etc, currently camping inside 4runner these days when able. Enjoy keeping things micro small and simple.
Continue to hunt, fish, camp as done for 30-40 years now.
Looking for meet ups, gatherings, etc. Looks like I joined just in time to see the Ozark gathering is this weekend..too late for me dang it ! lol

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there -

my Name is Mike and I am located in eastern MA. I am just getting into overlanding after some significant time on the trails/rocks/mud in various wranglers. I recently picked up a 2012 FJ Cruiser TT edition and am starting to plan the build out. Always looking for advice and tips on things that work and dont work when it comes to the FJ platform.

Here is the FJ today:
View attachment 101374

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there, my name is Chris and I'm currently located in central Iowa. My SO and I will be moving to San Diego CA at the end of the month - so we are looking forward to meeting some new like-minded people once we get settled.

I've been an outdoor enthusiast since I was little, but still new to overlanding. We will be looking for a new rig in the future... Currently set up with a 2018 Hyundai Elantra that did surprisingly well on a trip to UT last fall.

Looking forward to being a part of the community, and getting ideas for our future build!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Ch3lland

capp28

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Cappetto
Ham/GMRS Callsign
capp28
Hey everyone!

Rig: NOne yet (on the forum looking for great options for vehicle purchase in the future)
Overland Experience: Going overlanding with friends and family. Which doesnt help resisting the bug to get my own overlander.

capp28

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Cappetto
Ham/GMRS Callsign
capp28
Hey everyone!

Rig: NOne yet (on the forum looking for great options for vehicle purchase in the future)
Overland Experience: Going overlanding with friends and family. Which doesnt help resisting the bug to get my own overlander.

capp28

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Cappetto
Ham/GMRS Callsign
capp28
Hey everyone!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello overland family! Registering in from Great Falls, MT.

Currently ride is a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

Overland experience is limited, just driving the mountains of MT and a few treks into Glacier National Park.

Picture of my stock GCTH below at the top of Red Sleep Mountain in the National Bison Range. Hopefully upgrading my grey lady this year!
View attachment 102171
Welcome to the Family. Keep an eye on the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountains and go introduce yourself to your state.

The_trooper88

Rank 0

Contributor I

Anthem, Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Soldinski
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HKQ
New member from Arizona novice to overlanding done some off-roading first real trail I did was back way to crown king and loved it looking for a good community that’s kid friendly and to meet new people that share common interests.

Rig_ 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD, man 6spd stock
From_ PHX, AZ

Attachments

mknielsen

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Black Diamond, AB, Canada
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nielsen
Member #

Michael here in the foothills of the Rockies of southern Alberta. I have two sons and we enjoy exploring the old forestry roads and trails. I figured if I was going to use the excellent resources provided here, I should pony up and get the membership. I look forward to hooking up with other members for a trail cleanup or something. I am currently building up "Bush Truck", she is an '85 F250 HD, 460 4x4, automatic, with winches front and rear. Tires, flairs, and a new steering box are in the garage awaiting install. I also have a camperette that isn't pictured for when we go out a few days at a time. Maybe somebody else here likes to build or has built older full size trucks and we can compare failures.

20190624_183311.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone!

Hello @capp28 and welcome to Overland Bound. Unfortunately, the overlanding bug is impossible to resist in the long run... after all "Adventure is Necessary". The good news is that you don't have to spend a million on an Earthroamer to get out there. It doesn't matter what you drive, it just matters that you go out and enjoy nature responsibly. To help you out, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW. I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Ironhyde

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Honolulu, HI, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups

Currently you are in the West Region but will be moving to the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!
Awesome!

I appreciate the information - definitely helpful!