Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlandbounders. My name is Luke but I go by the handle Sunkist Taco. I'm from the SF Bay area peninsula. I've been overlanding for just over 10 years. I used to be heavy into Jeep's and rock crawling but the Tacoma's reliability and versatility has finally won me over. I've got a third gen Tacoma TRD Off Road 6 speed (Save the manuals!) I'm looking forward to plenty of trips and meeting new Tacomies this year. View attachment 85928
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! Im pretty new to overlanding. Currently have a 2012 sierra, but looking to buy a 14 Jeep JK. Located in Tacoma Washington, would love to meet others in my area. Pretty new to Washington, came from Idaho about 6 months ago.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Tacomaboatguy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! Building my first overlanding rig & restoring it as well it’s a 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ 2 door with 55K original miles I got it for free,

I’m from Massachusetts & I’ll be doing overlanding all over mass Maine New Hampshire & Vermont as well as long road trips across the country to Florida & California

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I`m Holger, 39 years old and I live in Zurich / Switzerland.
I drive a 2018 VW T6 4motion / California Ocean.
With that Rig I`m cruising around Europe.

I`m into overlanding since many years and I have done numerous tours across Europe, Southern Africa and Asia.

I hope to expand my network here and also to expand the overlanding community in Europe.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the Mid Europe Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Your closest Regional Director is @Polaris Overland
Another member who lives in Switzerland and can help you out is @Tom K

Reactions: BulliCruiser

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 85966 View attachment 85964

New member to the OLB community and to the forum! Really grateful to have found both through instagram as I’m a newb in so many aspects and will be hitting the road for 4 months this summer and building out my rig.

Joel Davis
Tampa, Fl
5th gen Subaru Outback with a few mods + Freespirit Recreation Overland Trailer and Rooftop Tent

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me join the group. I have been an avid off-reader for a long time, but I like to have a destination in mind or a trail to explore. I no longer enjoy repeated trips to the same old spots. I recently traded in my Power Wagon on what I hope to be a dependable overlanding vehicle. Here is the rundown on me;

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee -Eco-Diesel
Currently located in the Fraser Valley, B.C.

Dream trip would be to drive to Panama.

Your closest Regional Director is @Jedi

Reactions: Alter-Ego

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone from the snowy Pacific Northwest. I’ve been a member for a few months but I haven’t posted anything yet. I am looking for people in my area to go out with and ride some trails so I’m not out riding them on my own. I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited named Diana. She is my daily driver who I take out everywhere when I go kayaking, hiking, tent camping, mountain biking, and all around exploring.
Thanks for your time.

Jenn

Reactions: Jen’sDiana

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I just joined! I have a 2018 Taco that I've done a few things to:

* ARE HD camper shell
* Decked storage
* Installed LED strips with dimmers in the camper shell
* several smaller mods for camping

I'm ordering my rooftop tent tonight. Hopefully it comes in before I start camping soon. I'll be camping every weekend in March and April!

Here's a picture of the stickers I just made for it lol:

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone! Im pretty new to overlanding. Currently have a 2012 sierra, but looking to buy a 14 Jeep JK. Located in Tacoma Washington, would love to meet others in my area. Pretty new to Washington, came from Idaho about 6 months ago.
Welcome @Tacomaboatguy to Washington and to Overland Bound then! The great news is that the whole PNW is filled with overlanding opportunities and Tacoma is no exception to that. There are a number of Overland Bound members in the South Puget Sound [link] area and they are working on getting some regular meetups going. I highly recommend checking in on the US NorthWest Regional forum [link].

As events are created, they will be posted up on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you sometime in the future. Until then if you need anything don't hesitate to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi.

noLockerz

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Holyoke, MA, USA
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer..
got
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
[/QUOTE
New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.
Hello and Thanks! I'm John From MA. New to overlanding but lots of winter camping with my 2 old Rangers. 2018 Tacoma SR5. Some sliders and tires are on my short list. New Adventures

Rig: currently using a 98 SR5 tacoma, but I'm currently looking at upgrading to new trd off road tacoma
Overlanding Experience Background: I've done a good amount of tent camping at campsites that had bathrooms/water/paved roads. Part of why I'm looking at upgrading my truck, and why I joined this forum, is so I can get into more back county style camping.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello and Thanks! I'm John From MA. New to overlanding but lots of winter camping with my 2 old Rangers. 2018 Tacoma SR5. Some sliders and tires are on my short list. New Adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: currently using a 98 SR5 tacoma, but I'm currently looking at upgrading to new trd off road tacoma
Overlanding Experience Background: I've done a good amount of tent camping at campsites that had bathrooms/water/paved roads. Part of why I'm looking at upgrading my truck, and why I joined this forum, is so I can get into more back county style camping.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi everyone from the snowy Pacific Northwest. I’ve been a member for a few months but I haven’t posted anything yet. I am looking for people in my area to go out with and ride some trails so I’m not out riding them on my own. I own a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited named Diana. She is my daily driver who I take out everywhere when I go kayaking, hiking, tent camping, mountain biking, and all around exploring.
Thanks for your time.

Jenn
Hello Jenn (@Jen'sDiana) and welcome to Overland Bound from the other side of our little snowy state! It sounds like you really enjoy being out and enjoying nature, which is what we are all about here. The NorthWest Region is a great place for all of that and is filled with lots of members you can enjoy the adventure with, so I recommend dropping by the regional forums [link].

This evening is the monthly conference call of the Inland NorthWest Region (Northeast Washington / North Idaho) [link] facilitated by @Sandpoint Steve. You are welcome to join in and get to know everyone in the area. Coming up in June is the Northwest Overland Rally, held in Plain, WA [link].

Additional events, as they are organized, will be posted on the Rally Point system [link], so I suggest keeping an eye on that as well.

I hope to get to meet you in person someday soon. Until then, if you need anything, just send me a message on the forums, @Jedi.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for letting me join the group. I have been an avid off-reader for a long time, but I like to have a destination in mind or a trail to explore. I no longer enjoy repeated trips to the same old spots. I recently traded in my Power Wagon on what I hope to be a dependable overlanding vehicle. Here is the rundown on me;

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee -Eco-Diesel
Currently located in the Fraser Valley, B.C.

Dream trip would be to drive to Panama.
Welcome to Overland Bound @Alter-Ego. I agree with having a destination in mind or a trail to explore. I've always felt that it changes the trip from "punishing myself and my vehicle" to "seeing something new and broadening my experiences". The 2018 Grand Cherokee (WK2) is a great platform to start with, having a decent clearance and lots of space for customization.

The Fraser Valley area is a great place to live as a starting point to overlanding adventure. One of our local members, @CR-Venturer, has spent a great deal of time exploring all around B.C. and can probably offer you a few suggestions on places you will want to check out. You can also head over to the Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] and see who else is in the area. Hopefully there will be a meetup later this year to allow all the B.C. members to come together and get to know each other. Of course, you are also always welcome to join in on the US NorthWest Region's activities, so you might want to keep an eye on that forum [link] as well.

One event to look forward to is the BC Overland Rally [link] at the end of June this year. As other events are planned, they will be posted up to the Rally Point system [link], so keep an eye on that.

I look forward to getting a chance to meet you in person. Until then, if you need anything just send me a message on the forums @Jedi.

TRDtraveler

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hey everybody! New to the membership and forum here but have been lurking for a little bit now. Here's a little about me, I'm 31, have a wife and 4 year old boy and live in Middle Tennessee (originally from out west in Cali and Reno). I have been wanting to get into overlanding for awhile now since I and the family enjoy being outdoors. I have wheeled quite a bit of the southeast region. I have had 13 jeep wranglers with all of them ranging from 33" tires mildly built to having a few jeeps on one ton axles,v8s and 40" tires, Jeeps are a crazy addiction. I now own and just purchased a 2008 4Runner Limited V8 4wd in fantastic shape with all maintenance kept up like it should be. The week total i have owned it, I have installed Bilstein adjustable struts with OME coils, JBA Upper control arms, ordered a winch, Method wheels and 275/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, hidden winch mount but still deciding on what rack to buy for a roof top tent . Obviously want to make it into a reliable overland vehicle with tons planned for it. Will upload pics to this post tomorrow afternoon if the rain ever quits here. Looking to explore God's country and make many memories with the family and other members.

Andy Bailey

Rank 0

Traveler I

KC, MO
First Name
Andy
Last Name
lksd
Hey, I'm Andy living near Kansas City and getting ready to build a hiker-like camper.

Drive an outback and like to mountain bike.

New Members,

From @administrator
  • Humility.