Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Hello,

Rig: 1998 Jeep TJ 4.0 (Bought it when I was 18, had it for twenty years this month)

My experience with overlanding is limited. My wife and I have been backpackers and adventure travelers for years but rarely relied on our vehicles to do much of the work for us. This past summer we took a week long trip to Moab in our Jeep KL and decided it was time to put some real thought into overlanding as a way to see more of the world.
Building an overlanding trailer. Looking for ideas, rig advice, local members, local trails. Excited to join the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Shawn Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hello OBers, My name is Shawn and I am super stoked to be a new member of Overland Bound. I am new to Overlanding but definitely something I am looking forward to getting involved with...especially once I retire. I am currently active duty military stationed in Pensacola Florida. Been doing tons of research on how I want to turn my Tacoma into a "Rig" and look forward to interacting with many of you and potentially making some events. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas Holiday. Cheers, Shawn

1) Picture! Stock Quicksand 4x4, no mods.....YET!
2) Location (Pensacola Florida)
3) Rig (2018, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Offroad)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice)

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello OBers, My name is Shawn and I am super stoked to be a new member of Overland Bound. I am new to Overlanding but definitely something I am looking forward to getting involved with...especially once I retire. I am currently active duty military stationed in Pensacola Florida. Been doing tons of research on how I want to turn my Tacoma into a "Rig" and look forward to interacting with many of you and potentially making some events. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas Holiday. Cheers, Shawn

Hey Shawn welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here! This is an awesome community. I look forward to seeing your truck transform into the Overland you want.

Don’t forget to check the forums for local Overland Groups and meet-ups in your area! If you have any questions feel free to reach out, there is wealth of knowledge out in the forums!

Massive

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mesa, AZ
Hello Everyone!

My name is Chris. I've been interested in overlanding for a long time, before I even knew the terminology. Stlil learning a lot! I just picked up my first ever vehicle with 4 low :tearsofjoy: Super excited to get out on some adventures, and I've been a long time nature enthusiast and car enthusiast, so this is the best of both worlds!

Mesa, AZ
2007 Lexus GX470. Icon stage 1, Eagle Alloy 140 wheels with 285/70/17 ko2's, Front Runner rack, and a few more things on their way with much more planned.
Novice Overlander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Only took me a half an hour or so but I finally figured out how to put a picture in my post. Here's me and my sons just this past summer in Tuktoyaktuk, NWT.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: David
Rigs: 2017 Tundra, 2016 RZR xpt 4, Pacific coachworks toyhauler. Ive been out of the overland game for about 8 years but coming back to where my heart is.. looking to get a landcruiser 200 soon
Experience: Intermediate to advanceView attachment 77423 View attachment 77424 View attachment 77425

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

My name is Chris. I've been interested in overlanding for a long time, before I even knew the terminology. Stlil learning a lot! I just picked up my first ever vehicle with 4 low :tearsofjoy: Super excited to get out on some adventures, and I've been a long time nature enthusiast and car enthusiast, so this is the best of both worlds!

Mesa, AZ
2007 Lexus GX470. Icon stage 1, Eagle Alloy 140 wheels with 285/70/17 ko2's, Front Runner rack, and a few more things on their way with much more planned.
Novice Overlander

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Massive

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello Hello,

Rig: 1998 Jeep TJ 4.0 (Bought it when I was 18, had it for twenty years this month)

My experience with overlanding is limited. My wife and I have been backpackers and adventure travelers for years but rarely relied on our vehicles to do much of the work for us. This past summer we took a week long trip to Moab in our Jeep KL and decided it was time to put some real thought into overlanding as a way to see more of the world.
Building an overlanding trailer. Looking for ideas, rig advice, local members, local trails. Excited to join the community.
Welcome! I'm just over the mountain from you in East TN. I'm also a backpacker just now really getting into overlanding. My rig is a 2010 JK 2 door. Just installed a rack and roof top tent, but am also starting a trailer build in order to get the tent off the rack. It's just too loud with my soft top. Look forward to seeing your build and upcoming adventures.

Hey Y'all!

Mark and Lisa. We live in Milwaukee, WI because work pays for things. We also have a cabin in Western NC. We are fairly new to overlanding. We often take drives along the forest service roads in the Nantahala, Pisgah, etc. We are campers, hikers and adventure seeking!

Our rig is a 2016 VW Touareg TDI. It's bone stock except and ECU tune. It's setup for highway, but that will be changing over the winter!

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey Y'all!

Mark and Lisa. We live in Milwaukee, WI because work pays for things. We also have a cabin in Western NC. We are fairly new to overlanding. We often take drives along the forest service roads in the Nantahala, Pisgah, etc. We are campers, hikers and adventure seeking!

Our rig is a 2016 VW Touareg TDI. It's bone stock except and ECU tune. It's setup for highway, but that will be changing over the winter!

Welcome!

Reactions: Mark Werner

kiloxraysierra

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kitchener, ON, Canada
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Sinclair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KXS
Hello to the Overland Bound community!

Kirk from Southwestern Ontario here. I decided last year I needed to get out an explore, so I started small - road trips to provincial parks. Dirt roads are about as wild as I have gotten in this my 2017 RAM 1500 (quad cab), but I'm looking to change that. Only mods so far are a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM-RF10 tires (still 33') and a dedicated 12V power line for an ARB fridge in the back seat. My wishlist includes an AEV lift with 35" tires and their front bumper, but my actual needs and wallet haven't quite caught up yet.

I'm into landscape photography (kiloxraysierra on Instagram), so having a vehicle I can use as a base camp when I get to an interesting location is my first goal. The ARB fridge was added this year and next year I'll be making a road trip to Montana to pickup a Go Fast Camper (hammock camping loses it's appeal after a few days).

I'm generally not a huge forum contributor, but this seems like a great community so perhaps that will spark a bit more activity.

Cheers!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to the Overland Bound community!

Kirk from Southwestern Ontario here. I decided last year I needed to get out an explore, so I started small - road trips to provincial parks. Dirt roads are about as wild as I have gotten in this my 2017 RAM 1500 (quad cab), but I'm looking to change that. Only mods so far are a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM-RF10 tires (still 33') and a dedicated 12V power line for an ARB fridge in the back seat. My wishlist includes an AEV lift with 35" tires and their front bumper, but my actual needs and wallet haven't quite caught up yet.

I'm into landscape photography (kiloxraysierra on Instagram), so having a vehicle I can use as a base camp when I get to an interesting location is my first goal. The ARB fridge was added this year and next year I'll be making a road trip to Montana to pickup a Go Fast Camper (hammock camping loses it's appeal after a few days).

I'm generally not a huge forum contributor, but this seems like a great community so perhaps that will spark a bit more activity.

Cheers!

@Kent R