Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone. So I’m not a newbie but I haven’t been on here in long time and I wanted to re-introduce my self.
I have an 1988 grand wagoneer on 35 inch tires. Running a 6.2 diesel and power train from a military blazer.
I’m located in Middle Tennessee
And I started over landing about 4 years ago to teach my kids about the outdoors and to explore the country. So far we have had a blast and the wagon is constantly being upgraded to support over landing. View attachment 76292
Welcome to OB! That is a mean machine, my friend! My close friend has an 89 Wagoneer that we haven't figured out what to do with yet, if you ever make it out towards western NC, we'd love to see it in person!

ovrlnd_escape

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

DeSoto County, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Welcome to OB! That is a mean machine, my friend! My close friend has an 89 Wagoneer that we haven't figured out what to do with yet, if you ever make it out towards western NC, we'd love to see it in person!
We would love to head that way for a weekend run. We were just in the chimney rock area not too long ago. Thanks for the compliment on our rig. The kids love this thing as much as I do.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

We would love to head that way for a weekend run. We were just in the chimney rock area not too long ago. Thanks for the compliment on our rig. The kids love this thing as much as I do.
Chimney rock is just a stones throw from me, we are just outside of Asheville!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey OB community,
I’m pretty new to Jeepin’ in general. I got my 2002 TJ Sport (stock) in August. Did my first overland journey from California Central Coast to Utah via Death Valley. Had a fantastic journey both there and back. Some of the roads were a little more challenging than I had expected but made for great fun. Found this community after I was already back home. Planning on getting a roof rack and rooftop tent. I think I’ll need to do a few upgrade to tires and a little lift to be more capable. Looking forward to many more adventures with a group.
Welcome to OB

L

Lyn Kolf

Hello everyone. Thanks for allowing me in this group. Am looking forward to learning from you. Have not gone overland yet but am planning on doing so Spring of 2019. Prior to this have done all camping in Upper Michigan and Wisconsin. During this winter am researching examining what I'll need for life on-the-road. Will be taking my home built trailer pulled by 2005 Mecury Mariner. Not the best rig but it's all I have. Successful completion of my plans will depend upon my health and a couple personal factors, but this is all I can think about. Below please see my trailer (built Oct 2012) and my car if I have photo. Thanks for listening.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone. Thanks for allowing me in this group. Am looking forward to learning from you. Have not gone overland yet but am planning on doing so Spring of 2019. Prior to this have done all camping in Upper Michigan and Wisconsin. During this winter am researching examining what I'll need for life on-the-road. Will be taking my home built trailer pulled by 2005 Mecury Mariner. Not the best rig but it's all I have. Successful completion of my plans will depend upon my health and a couple personal factors, but this is all I can think about. Below please see my trailer (built Oct 2012) and my car if I have photo. Thanks for listening.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lyn. You will find that this community is full of wonderful people, who also yearn to explore America's beauty and share their experiences with one another. Although each persons journey is personal it's funny how we all end up together sharing with one another. I am also new to the Overlanding community but have been lucky enough to find an awesome Overlander group to learn from and share experiences with. Check the forums for local groups in your area and get as involved as your life situations allow for, you won't be sorry.

Traveler I

Hello All,
I am experienced in camping and hiking but relatively new to overlanding.
A little about me and my rig:
Rig: 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins - stock at the moment
In the process of finding a suitable box mount for a rooftop tent. If anyone wants to offer some suggestions PM me.
I can use all the help I can get. Hope to get to know some people.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All,
In the process of finding a suitable box mount for a rooftop tent. If anyone wants to offer some suggestions PM me.
Welcome to Overland Bound. Check with your local metal fabricators, most of them can fab you something for your RTT.. You can also check the major fabricators like, Bajarack, Gobi, Southern Style, CBI etc. The pro's to local fab companies is keep your money local and also saving on shipping.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Long time camper and adventure motorcyclist, newish to the idea of overland. I've had an 06 trailblazer for 6 years. Currently has a lift and proper tires, gets around just fine for what it is. Looking forward to spending some time here.

@Kent R

Tamer83

Rank 0

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Hello Everyone,
I've been an adventure motorcyclist for many years now and adding a 4 wheel rig to the line up.
Current Location: Portland, OR
Current Rigs: 2017 Ducati Multistrada Enduro
1991 Land Rover Defender 110
Experience: Lots on the bike with 1000s of miles, so I know how to travel efficiently for days in the outback on two wheels. Currently building out the Defender for overloading, no rock crawling or anything, but prepared enough to make an extended period and be self sufficient.
Looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks!
- Tamer

Last edited:

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone,
I've been an adventure motorcyclist for many years now and adding a 4 wheel rig to the line up.
Experience: Lots on the bike with 1000s of miles, so I know how to travel efficiently for days in the outback on two wheels. Currently building out the Defender for overloading, no rock crawling or anything, but prepared enough to make an extended period and be self sufficient.
- Tamer
Welcome

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone. So I’m not a newbie but I haven’t been on here in long time and I wanted to re-introduce my self.
I have an 1988 grand wagoneer on 35 inch tires. Running a 6.2 diesel and power train from a military blazer.
I’m located in Middle Tennessee
And I started over landing about 4 years ago to teach my kids about the outdoors and to explore the country. So far we have had a blast and the wagon is constantly being upgraded to support over landing. View attachment 76292
Beautiful rig!!! Keep getting the kids outside it's the best thing you can do!!!
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Reactions: Lyn Kolf

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey all,

Long time camper and adventure motorcyclist, newish to the idea of overland. I've had an 06 trailblazer for 6 years. Currently has a lift and proper tires, gets around just fine for what it is. Looking forward to spending some time here.
Welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region from a fellow New Yorker! Keep an eye on the events calendar for some great upcoming East Region trips and get togethers!
If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: Lyn Kolf

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
- Tamer

There is a meet-up in Portland that is getting going, you can find them on the meet-up page or the NW Regional page.
This is the member who is organizing it, you can message him on the forum.
@OregonViewFinders
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Jedi