Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Thanks for the heads up, Low! I have signed up for the San Leandro meetup. This will be my first OB activity. Hope to see you there!
Ive got plans to go to a Subaru offroad event that day, but if that falls thru Ill try and make the San Leandro event.

Reactions: SVgarage

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Hello I’m new to overlanding, I’ve got a novice rig a 2018 Subaru crosstrek I plan on lifting and putting all terrain wheels and tires on. I can’t wait to start soon. I’m from central ny.
That color looks great & nice to see so many Subarus on here! If you havent found them already, look for Mountain Roo, they should have a chapter in your area andseveral groups on FB & IG!

Reactions: Crosstrek315

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

That color looks great & nice to see so many Subarus on here! If you havent found them already, look for Mountain Roo, they should have a chapter in your area andseveral groups on FB & IG!
And be sure to check the Subaru Registry, linked below!

Reactions: Crosstrek315

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy. New member here. I bought a 2017 2-dr Jeep JK Sport last October and have been slowly modding it ever since. I was planning on easing into the overland scene by starting with Utah's parks this fall, but plans changed and we signed up for the Rubicon Trail with Jeepers Jamboree instead. The JK was had enough modifications to make it through with little difficulty, although more clearance would have been a big plus. Currently, the rig has a 2.5" Teraflex lift kit with Fox 2.0 Performance shocks. For protection, I've got Smittybilt and Barricade bumpers, rock sliders and Poison Spyder diff covers. I'm an automatic running 3.21 gearing with open diffs. (The BLD system worked miracles on the Rubicon!!!) I just consulted with my local 4x4 shop and am planning on installing 4.88 gearing with Eaton E-lockers front and rear, along with a truss welded onto the Dana 30 front axle. C-gussets, ball joints and LCA armor will accompany.

I live in the SF Bay Area- Livermore to be exact. Hoping to make new friends and find some terrific adventures out there!

~ Eddy
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.
I have two meet-ups this month on the 25th one in Manteca and one on San Leandro, if your interested check the meet-up page for more info.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone Excited to be a part of this community! My name is Lee but everyone calls me Hoppa. Hip hop nerd with a love for the outdoors. Located in the San Fernando Valley in Southern CA.
1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ , looking for some good riding buddies!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

EastTNLX

Rank 0

Traveler I

East TN
Super excited to join here. I've got a member's former ride. Haven't searched his/her member number yet, but that is on my list of things to do. Already has a badge on it and everything. I wonder if someone will recognize it before I look it up....? :-)

Looking forward to learning and getting my adventure fix on!

2018-08-12 19.24.56.jpg
Vehicle: 2000 LX 470
Experience: on the novice side of beginner.

Last edited:

Mark Steele

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

HI Guys, I'm new here. Love the work you guys have already done, I'm just now wanting to get into Overland. I will have lots of questions so I appreciate your help and support.

Mark Steele
1971 Jeepster Commando
It's not ready to Overland yet, but I'm getting close. Not sure what to set it up with though.. that's my first step
I'm in Oklahoma!

Attachments

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

HI Guys, I'm new here. Love the work you guys have already done, I'm just now wanting to get into Overland. I will have lots of questions so I appreciate your help and support.

Mark Steele
1971 Jeepster Commando
It's not ready to Overland yet, but I'm getting close. Not sure what to set it up with though.. that's my first step
I'm in Oklahoma!
Cool

Reactions: Mark Steele

Contributor III

Seattle
Hi all,

Here to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to overlanding, and I hope I can learn a lot from the folks on here and eventually contribute myself.

Quick background: We live in the Seattle area. After having our first baby and quickly running out of space in our small downtown condo, we decided to move out to a nearby suburb for more space and a yard for our daughter to play in. The move away from dense urban neighborhoods and easy access to public transit required that we get a second car. It was at this point we decided rather than buy the typical commuter vehicle (we already had one of those) we would instead invest in something that would help us have adventures and build memories as a family. And learn as a family as well, since none of us has any experience with this! It was around this time I discovered that overlanding is actually a thing and I got really excited by the possibilities for our family. So, long story short, we took the plunge on a late-model 4Runner, and we've been slowly getting our feet wet with off-road experiences over the past summer. It's been tons of fun.

Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner Off-Road

(If you're wondering about the strange/funny username, a white 5th gen 4Runner with black trim kind of looks like the Star Wars storm trooper mask from the front. And, sci fi is awesome. :)

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi all,

Here to say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to overlanding, and I hope I can learn a lot from the folks on here and eventually contribute myself.

Quick background: We live in the Seattle area. After having our first baby and quickly running out of space in our small downtown condo, we decided to move out to a nearby suburb for more space and a yard for our daughter to play in. The move away from dense urban neighborhoods and easy access to public transit required that we get a second car. It was at this point we decided rather than buy the typical commuter vehicle (we already had one of those) we would instead invest in something that would help us have adventures and build memories as a family. And learn as a family as well, since none of us has any experience with this! It was around this time I discovered that overlanding is actually a thing and I got really excited by the possibilities for our family. So, long story short, we took the plunge on a late-model 4Runner, and we've been slowly getting our feet wet with off-road experiences over the past summer. It's been tons of fun.

(If you're wondering about the strange/funny username, a white 5th gen 4Runner with black trim kind of looks like the Star Wars storm trooper mask from the front. And, sci fi is awesome. :)
Welcome from a fellow T4R owner and Star Wars fan!

Be sure to check out the 4Runner registry.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Welcome to Overland Bound! There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Marzig195

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Old Bridge, NJ
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Arzig
Member #

Hey guys, I’m pretty new to overland, mostly just been into mudding the past few years.

Mike Arzig
2003 Ford Explorer
She’s a work in progress, so far I’ve got a 3” lift with 31’s on it, roof rack/spare tire carrier, and I’m working on utility drawers at the moment as well.

I’m from Middlesex County, NJ as well!

Attachments

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Mark Steele
1971 Jeepster Commando
I'm in Oklahoma!
Nice rig! My Uncle restored one and when he sold it I couldnt buy it. I wish I had, it was the best looking Commando I have ever seen....
until today!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Mark Steele
1971 Jeepster Commando
I'm in Oklahoma!
We have one in our club and it is probably the most B__A___ vehicle I know of. Have fun finding parts