HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi All! Just making the introduction here!

I’ve got a 2015 JK Unlimited and I’m new to the Overlanding world. I’m anxious to meet some like-minded people and get out there. Done plenty of trail exploration in Northern Nevada, where we call home.

I’m an entrepreneur and I’ve got twin boys and a wife who love to take the Jeep out with me!

See you on the trails!

-Adam
Welcome...stay turned for a Reno rally point coming soon

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Arlen C

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Los Altos, Ca
Member #

Hello everybody, I am very excited to start my overlanding education!

Vehicle: New to me as of this past weekend, 2005 LR3 with Lux and HD packages.
Experience: Total newbie

I have been backpacking for many years and I have always wanted to get farther out in the little time that I have, overlanding seemed like the answer. My rig was a 1 owner mall crawler/snow shuttle for a local family with a thick folder of maintenance receipts. Only modification that have been done to it by the previous owners was to mount 20" Antera rims and add a Yakima rack for their skis. That will soon change... Making the modifications is half the fun!Laura's Little Picture.jpg

ibemarcus

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Tuscaloosa,AL
Member #

I have been backpacking for many years and I have always wanted to get farther out in the little time that I have, overlanding seemed like the answer. My rig was a 1 owner mall crawler/snow shuttle for a local family with a thick folder of maintenance receipts. Only modification that have been done to it by the previous owners was to mount 20" Antera rims and add a Yakima rack for their skis. That will soon change... Making the modifications is half the fun!View attachment 61326
Welcome to OB! Plenty of opportunities for adventure in your part of the country. [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

I have been backpacking for many years and I have always wanted to get farther out in the little time that I have, overlanding seemed like the answer. My rig was a 1 owner mall crawler/snow shuttle for a local family with a thick folder of maintenance receipts. Only modification that have been done to it by the previous owners was to mount 20" Antera rims and add a Yakima rack for their skis. That will soon change... Making the modifications is half the fun!View attachment 61326
Great looking Rig. Welcome to the OB world. :sunglasses:

Kraken

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corona, CA
Member #

Congratulations. I remembered when I got mine. The next step was where to place it on my Jeep. I choose the passenger side along side the antenna. Just like the American Flag stars leading the charge I placed the emblem with the vehicle driving forward. Always exploring and moving forward. Again Congratulations.
Yea I placed it basically on the same area just under my antenna on the passenger side, I figured the driver side already had the trail rated badge, so I put it on the passenger side!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tyron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

South Africa
First Name
Tyron
Last Name
Mclachlan
Member #

G'day

My name is Tyron, im from South Africa, I drive a 2008 Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6 Auto 4x4

I have no overlanding experience YET, but having just got my first 4x4 I am looking at doing some shorter weekend getaways, and build into longer and longer stays out in the middle of nowhere

Picture hopefully attached

Attachments

stevejku

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Runwell, Essex, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Fagioli
Member #

Hi Folks

My name is Steve and I am based in Essex, England. I have a couple of rigs I use but my main one for the longer trips is a Jeep Wrangler JKU, I like the space it gives me to load up with camping gear and family. Have been travelling into Europe for quiet a few years, going out to East Germany, Denmark, Italy, across the Pyrenees coast to coast, French Alps, and once a year down to Chambon-sur-Lac in France for an event. Also do some trips in the UK the photo is from last year in Wales. Starting to think about building a trailer when time permits which will be capable of going where the Jeep can go.
JK Wales.jpg

Broncsqwatch

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

San Marcos, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Briggs
Member #

Hi everyone,
My name I Larry and I live in Cardiff California. I've been an avid outdoors guy my entire life. However, I am new to the overlanding community.

I drive a 91 Toyota Land Cruiser. I like to do my own mods. My last rig was a 69 Jeepster Commando that I built myself. I gotta admit that the Land Cruiser is the most capable 4X4 out of the box then any off road vehicle that I've ever driven. This one is a keeper.

Looking forward to participating in group camps and trails.

DrDick

Rank I

Contributor III

Devon, UK
Hi All, I'm Dick. I live in Devon, England. I am a retired Family Physician. Since 1996 I have been involved in overland expeditions in Europe, North Africa and Middle East. My current vehicle which I have had for 11 Years is a Nissan Patrol built from new by Frogs Island for expedition work (sister vehicle to the 2 Nissan Patrols which accompanied Ewan McGregor in the "Long Way Down"). My trailer is one of the only Adventure Trailer "Chaser" trailers in Europe. My first expedition vehicle was a 1992 Range Rover Classic Tdi which at 160,000 miles I gave away in 2007 when I bought the Patrol. I'm hoping more UK based folks will sign up! Last expedition was September 2017 5,000 miles to Gallipoli and back to visit the WW1 battlefields with my Aussie cousin Tom, where our grandfather was a surgeon with the 42nd Division of the East Lancashire Regiment.

DrDick

Rank I

Contributor III

Devon, UK
Hi Folks

My name is Steve and I am based in Essex, England. I have a couple of rigs I use but my main one for the longer trips is a Jeep Wrangler JKU, I like the space it gives me to load up with camping gear and family. Have been travelling into Europe for quiet a few years, going out to East Germany, Denmark, Italy, across the Pyrenees coast to coast, French Alps, and once a year down to Chambon-sur-Lac in France for an event. Also do some trips in the UK the photo is from last year in Wales. Starting to think about building a trailer when time permits which will be capable of going where the Jeep can go.
View attachment 61431
Hi Steve, good to find another Brit. The Adventure Trailer was built to follow a Wrangler over the Moab trails. There are some British built chassis copying the Chaser design, but meeting EU type approval around for when you decide to build a trailer!

JandAOffRoad

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Hello OB Community.

New member here from Southern California (OB# 10895). I'm still working on activating my membership number, so I can access the member resources. Wanted to get a quick hello and intro in now, and say I'm looking forward to connecting with many other OB members throughout the site and on the trails.

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Off Road, Cement, and start outfitting her. Just waiting on a friend who works for Toyota to locate the truck and put the deal together. Photos to follow soon!

I'm going to be starting an IG (Instagram) account, which will be solely dedicated to only my travel adventures, so I will be looking to grow my followers when I set it up. This will be a great community to start!

Keep the adventures going and be safe out there!

Jeff Petsche
SOCAL (OB# 10895)

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Hey everyone, been a member for a long time, never really participated in the forum!

My name is Ruston, I run Overlanding USA, we just like to go camping and have fun!

Las Vegas based (OB#0778)

I have a 2015 4runner, it has been through the ringer and back with the builds and the 92k miles it has on it. I would love to get out and meet a bunch of you when we can!

Cheers!