Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

We too watched the first season of expedition overland and became intrigued.....

Nice Cherokee! Are you planning on attending the NW Overland Rally in WA in June?

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
I'm going to see if a good friend of mine wants to go. He just recently became a member and also has a Cherokee. I'll probably go either way.

trailspinTV

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Peoria, IL
Member #

Hello,
My name is Mike and I am from Ventura County California. I don't have a rig as of yet and I am a complete noob when it comes to overlanding. I am an empty cup wanting to learn all I can.

Thanks!
You're in the right place! Welcome to Overland Bound!

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

Hello to everyone! I am a new member to this overlanding community and am from south central Kentucky. My build is finally taking off and I am very excited about it.

My rig is a very clean and rust-free:
2002 Tacoma SRS with an awesome $75 Hi-Rise camper shell and a homemade bed platform that my friend and I built. My truck is currently sitting on stock tires and rims :sunglasses:

My 2" lift kit and new CB radio setup is on its way and set to arrive tomorrow (Feb. 20th) which will further my build along! I'm super pumped for the near and distant future for my build as I have some great ideas to make my taco truly unique!

Here are some glamour pics and pics from recent overland trips! (And yes, I did Photoshop nicer headlights in my first pic because I'm self conscious about my ugly hazy lenses lol)

View attachment 48469 View attachment 48470 View attachment 48471 View attachment 48472
Can’t beat a 1st gen Tacoma! 3.4 v6?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Aussie571

DailyDirt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Folsom
Member #

Hi all,
Location - Folsom Ca or typically lost in the back country
Rig - 2014 anvil 2d Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X. Sleeps 1.5 - me and pup.
Experience - more than some, less than most.obj1.jpeg obj2.jpeg

Excited to learn about new trails, meet new people, learn about crazy rig set ups.
Likes - I love to camp, hike, run and bum around in the jeep. Sounds like a date comment.... Also, hard to catch me without the pup (Josie Wales).
Primary dislike - working.

Alain

Rank I

Contributor III

Hi Everyone I am new here and in the process over the next year or so to embark in the overlanding world to explore new area and placers for kayaking . I do not have a vehicle as of yet but I am planning to get a Jeep JKU sometimes next year as I am presently leasing a Volkswagen tiguan
hope one day meeting some of you out there

Reactions: Aussie571

whitee27

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chris - The thrill of adventure and outdoors is what intrigues me the most. I can't afford to pound the heck out of my vehicle so I'd rather take it easy and enjoy.

Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Freedom Edition
Experience: Mediocre.. noob

Reactions: Aussie571 and Alain

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Hello,
My name is Mike and I am from Ventura County California. I don't have a rig as of yet and I am a complete noob when it comes to overlanding. I am an empty cup wanting to learn all I can.

Thanks!
Welcome Etool711, I have a 2000 Jeep XJ but if I were starting from scratch I would look for a Land Cruiser. They are reliable, have great aftermarket support and have plenty of cargo space and load capacity for your build. You can go as mild or as wild as you want or as your budget allows.

James1980

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Poway, Ca
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Jim. I found this sight from the 4runner forum. Looking forward to learning all I can before I set out on my own adventures!

Rig: 2016 Toyota 4runner
Experience: Very little

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I am pretty darn excited to finally be on here. Just got my Tacoma that I am setting up for Overlanding as well as be my DD. Scored a nice deal on my Yakima RTT from REI for $300, and ready learn what all the fuss is about :)

My son is 14 and together we are learning all about this, I’ve only got a couple more years with him before college, so I’m excited for dusty roads and warm campfires.
In June we are going to Overland/road trip up to Anchorage and Fairbanks!

Dave and Jake- member #10123
Rig- 2018 Off Road Tacoma
Ripon Ca- Central Valley & Livermore Ca- East Bay
Little experience but excited!
75BEC225-5CA0-473E-81B8-03EE8614F8BF.jpeg 84E628B0-7B60-459F-B543-159051568B4A.jpeg

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I am pretty darn excited to finally be on here. Just got my Tacoma that I am setting up for Overlanding as well as be my DD. Scored a nice deal on my Yakima RTT from REI for $300, and ready learn what all the fuss is about :)

My son is 14 and together we are learning all about this, I’ve only got a couple more years with him before college, so I’m excited for dusty roads and warm campfires.

Dave and Jake- member #10123
Rig- 2018 Off Road Tacoma
Ripon Ca- Central Valley & Livermore Ca- East Bay
Little experience but excited!
Hi, and welcome!

$300 for a RTT? I've seen some good deals at REI, but that's crazy. How'd you pull that off? Guessing combination of coupon and using dividends?

I'm sure you and your son will love it. My daughter loves sleeping in our RTT. Looking forward to getting out again one weekend very soon.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi, and welcome!

$300 for a RTT? I've seen some good deals at REI, but that's crazy. How'd you pull that off? Guessing combination of coupon and using dividends?

I'm sure you and your son will love it. My daughter loves sleeping in our RTT. Looking forward to getting out again one weekend very soon.
I’ve been considering the iKamper for the size, but went into REI and all their tents were sold. Then someone remembered that a display model that had been sold during a garage sale had just been returned. So I haggled a little and a $1099 tent for $300. It’s smaller but I think a good tent for us to start out with and learn from, and I can still sell it later and probably make a little money on it.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

I’ve been considering the iKamper for the size, but went into REI and all their tents were sold. Then someone remembered that a display model that had been sold during a garage sale had just been returned. So I haggled a little and a $1099 tent for $300. It’s smaller but I think a good tent for us to start out with and learn from, and I can still sell it later and probably make a little money on it.
Hah, great job! And great deal! The REI garage has some pretty good deals. Almost bought a kayak a few years ago. I wish I had a store closer though.

Reactions: PapaDave

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Missed this little gem. Talk about making some great memories together. You two are going to have a blast. California to Alaska. Great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your trip and hopefully seeing pictures.

Reactions: tkt0912