Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone! My name is Brian and I have been lurking here for a while now, just now deciding to say hello! I'm in Minneapolis, MN. I am driving a stock 2002 Nissan Xterra that I really like and excited to mod up a bit, though I am pretty new to Overlanding/4x4s. Looking for places in the upper midwest to explore and camp away from crowded sites.
Hi Brian and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Rome Callen

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Excited to be here and learn as much as possible. I don't know anything about overlanding and even less about the mechanics of a truck.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
See bottom of post for pics

2) Location (General area is fine)
Woodstock, GA

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
17 Tacoma TRD Off Road. All stock right now. Trying to figure out what to do first.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
I have never overlanded before, but I have tons of backcountry camping and backpacking experience. I used to be a white water rafting guide on the Ocoee river and used to race sled dogs in Alaska.

Hi Danny and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Danny Outlaw

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

... I live in Southern Manitoba

... Planning a few summer camping trips and then Plan for Yukon 2020!

... but check out my Instagram below.

Instagram @Mixednuts59
Well cool, welcome to the fast growing group of OB'ers. I've been up through southern Manitoba a few times and have tentative plans to do a Newfoundland to Yukon Territory and Alaska trip, though may have to do parts of it in stages, not sure yet. I tend to dawdle on the road and stay around a place a bit to better get to know it.

In any event, be fun to run across one another 0ut on the road, especially up in the Yukon. Great to see more Canadians joining the site.

I'll find ya on insta and follow. My insta: @roaddude

Dry roads and open skies, @Mixednuts59, see you out there somewhere, someday. . .

Road

Reactions: Mixednuts59

ColeF

Rank I

Contributor III

UT
Hey I'm Cole and new to OB. I'm new to overlanding, I grew up outdoors but somehow I got lost in and office for the last 15 years. I'm hoping to reclaim some of my youth by starting this adventure. I dont have a rig yet and could use some help picking. I'd like a three row SUV that can tow a tent trailer. So far I'm looking the the 4runner(not sure it will tow up Utah canyons), a 2012 LR4 (I little worried about the reliability stigma), Lexus GX (approach angles are not great), or a really used Landcruiser/LX570 (expensive and hard to find). Any advice is appreciated.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey I'm Cole and new to OB. I'm new to overlanding, I grew up outdoors but somehow I got lost in and office for the last 15 years. I'm hoping to reclaim some of my youth by starting this adventure. I dont have a rig yet and could use some help picking. I'd like a three row SUV that can tow a tent trailer. So far I'm looking the the 4runner(not sure it will tow up Utah canyons), a 2012 LR4 (I little worried about the reliability stigma), Lexus GX (approach angles are not great), or a really used Landcruiser/LX570 (expensive and hard to find). Any advice is appreciated.
Hi Cole and welcome to OB! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Hello everyone!! My name is J.Stiffler (yes like the movie). I'm very fresh to overlanding. My wife,daughter, dog and I are full time RVers who would like to do a little more primitive camping in between our stays at the more conventional RV resorts. I have a 2017 F250. I plan on modifying it for more offroad capabitities but still keep the towing I need for my 28ft travel trailer. Since my truck is an important tool for our gypsy lifestyle, I wont be doing any extreme offroading but I would like to get back to the more remote areas that arent realistic with a travel trailer. I look forward to pickin everyones brain!!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone!! My name is J.Stiffler (yes like the movie). I'm very fresh to overlanding. My wife,daughter, dog and I are full time RVers who would like to do a little more primitive camping in between our stays at the more conventional RV resorts. I have a 2017 F250. I plan on modifying it for more offroad capabitities but still keep the towing I need for my 28ft travel trailer. Since my truck is an important tool for our gypsy lifestyle, I wont be doing any extreme offroading but I would like to get back to the more remote areas that arent realistic with a travel trailer. I look forward to pickin everyones brain!!
Hi J.Stiffler and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Bentpine

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey @Bentpine !

Ever had your rig up to the BWCA? I’ve been trying to research the forest service roads up that way and am curious to know what kinds of driving opportunities exist. I imagine the possibilities are practically endless...
There are tons of service roads near the BWCA. As a matter of fact I sheared the frame on my canoe trailer on one of them. Nothing to wild, just some good spots to get out and see some remote spots.

Reactions: Wandering With You

angel16607

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas/Fort Worth
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Muniz
Member #

Hi guys new OB member from Mesquite, Texas. And here is my rig, it's a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD fully loaded. Definitely looking forward to meet members around my area and explore my state more. I know Texas' got some good parks and mountains so I'm so excited to share ideas and do trips and explorations soon. Thanks OB! Great community here [emoji123]

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi guys new OB member from Mesquite, Texas. And here is my rig, it's a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD fully loaded. Definitely looking forward to meet members around my area and explore my state more. I know Texas' got some good parks and mountains so I'm so excited to share ideas and do trips and explorations soon. Thanks OB! Great community here [emoji123]
Hi OBvaquero and welcome to OB! Nice looking Explorer! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Ncat and T-88

Just Dave

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone! I'm Dave and I'm the new guy! I look forward checking out this forum and getting started in overlanding which has been something I've been wanting to do for along time!
2) South Bay Area, CA
3) I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) I have no overlanding experience what's so ever it's always something I have wanted to get into and enjoy. I do cap and take my Jeep out on trails but never overlanding.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm Dave and I'm the new guy! I look forward checking out this forum and getting started in overlanding which has been something I've been wanting to do for along time!
2) South Bay Area, CA
3) I have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
4) I have no overlanding experience what's so ever it's always something I have wanted to get into and enjoy. I do cap and take my Jeep out on trails but never overlanding.
Hi Dave and welcome to OB! Nice looking Cherokee! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88

ShyTRex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Moscow Mills
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Rice
Member #

Hi Folks!

I'm very new to the concept of Overlanding but no stranger to partaking nature. I've purchased my first truck about 6 months ago and have been building it out primarily for camping but I think the shoe fits!

Below

St. Louis Missouri
2017 Toyota Tacoma.
Space Trailer. Will post photos soon. https://www.spacetrailers.com/ have the XL model with pretty much every option they have. Got a steal on CL!
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here
Next to none. As mentioned above I never used the term overlander but I am an outdoorsman!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Folks!

I'm very new to the concept of Overlanding but no stranger to partaking nature. I've purchased my first truck about 6 months ago and have been building it out primarily for camping but I think the shoe fits!

Will post pictures when I figure out how to link them here.
St. Louis Missouri
2017 Toyota Tacoma.
Space Trailer. Will post photos soon.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here
Next to none.
Hi ShyTRex and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!