Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the add and what a great website. I look forward to all the info and ideas for my build. Living in the NW, building for everything from snowy and slick to rainy and greasy is lots of fun. Currently working on my first build with my 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins. This is my daily driver as well as my heavy trailer tow and overland fun. Just completed my lift with 37" tires, looking forward to getting out there and making some memories.
View attachment 45609
Hi Little Big Bear and welcome to OB! Nice looking Ram! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

ULTRA JL

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nor Cal
My first post, yeah!
1. Living in Northern California and just 4o minutes from the Rubicon.
2. First started wheeling over 30 years ago.. first Jeepers Jamboree 1985, whoa time flies when your....
3. Just bought my 3rd Jeep, 2018 JLU. Ready to go overlanding

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My first post, yeah!
1. Living in Northern California and just 4o minutes from the Rubicon.
2. First started wheeling over 30 years ago.. first Jeepers Jamboree 1985, whoa time flies when your....
3. Just bought my 3rd Jeep, 2018 JLU. Ready to go overlanding
Hi ULTRA JL and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

JzzR83

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Savage, MN
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0VFV
Rig: 2017 JKUR
Experience: Novice

Here is the first picture of the jeep. Right off the transport truck with 3 miles on it. On our first trip up to the Chequamegon NF in WI we hit up as many forest roads as possible and only took one picture. The last one is of the packing job and how all the tents and gear for 5 people fit in the rear. Trailer/roof rack anyone?
JKUR.jpg NF road.jpgFull.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Here is the first picture of the jeep. Right off the transport truck with 3 miles on it. On our first trip up to the Chequamegon NF in WI we hit up as many forest roads as possible and only took one picture. The last one is of the packing job and how all the tents and gear for 5 people fit in the rear. Trailer/roof rack anyone?
View attachment 45624 View attachment 45625View attachment 45626
Hi JzzR83 and welcome to OB! Nice looking JKUR! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: JzzR83

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

View attachment 45624 View attachment 45625View attachment 45626
Nice jeep. Welcome. Bet that was a fun trip for everyone.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: JzzR83

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Trucks.jpg Hello Everyone!

I’m Tyler and I currently live in Clovis, NM. I’ve been in NM for nearly 4 years and am looking to move this summer. I currently own a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro (Stock). I’m looking to start modding/upgrading it soon, but it’s pretty capable as-is.

I’m new to overlanding, but not to the outdoors or 4x4s. In my life I’ve owned an ’86 CJ, ’95 Chevy, and my last truck was an ’08 Avalanche. I love hiking, backpacking, camping, and trail running. So overlanding seems like a good fit to me.

I look forward to being a productive member of the OB community.

- Tyler

Last edited:

N8roro

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi, and welcome to OB. Interesting rig. Diesel blazer? Is that on a 3/4 ton chassis by chance? Always fun to see other's rigs, you learn so much. Never heard of this before. Looking forward to seeing more of your experiences with it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using OB Talk mobile app
Yep, 3/4 ton. 6.2 diesel engine, dual batteries and alternators for the 24v starter, no radio or a/c, military paint, brush guard, and other oddities come standard. It gets decent milage for and old school rig, is simple mechanically, and parts are plentiful and cheap. It's slow and loud and there are no creature comforts, but to me it's just fun. You can search m1009 or CUCV.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 45635 Hello Everyone!

I’m Tyler and I currently live in Clovis, NM. I’ve been in NM for nearly 4 years and am looking to move this summer. I currently own a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro (Stock). I’m looking to start modding/upgrading it soon, but it’s pretty capable as-is.

I’m new to overlanding, but not to the outdoors or 4x4s. In my life I’ve owned an ’86 CJ, ’95 Chevy, and my last truck was an ’08 Avalanche. I love hiking, backpacking, camping, and trail running. So overlanding seems like a good fit to me.

I look forward to being a productive member or the OB community.

- Tyler
Hi Tyler and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: T-88

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
New member from the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain in south Louisiana. My first backcountry trip was my senior trip in 1970 to the San Juans in Colorado. First trail was the Alpine Skyway from Lake City to Silverton. I've been going back ever since with my latest trip a year ago to Big Bend. Retiring in May and looking forward to an extended trip this summer. Current ride is an '07 FJ Cruiser.
20161228_171341(1).jpeg 20161228_171341(1).jpeg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

New member from the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain in south Louisiana. My first backcountry trip was my senior trip in 1970 to the San Juans in Colorado. First trail was the Alpine Skyway from Lake City to Silverton. I've been going back ever since with my latest trip a year ago to Big Bend. Retiring in May and looking forward to an extended trip this summer. Current ride is an '07 FJ Cruiser.
View attachment 45689 View attachment 45689
Hi Biker Eagle and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ and RTT! Congrats on the upcoming retirement! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!