Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Hi everyone,

I am starting to get into overlanding with a 2011 land rover discovery 4.
Not sure if anyone knows about some good threds for discovery 4 builds any information or links would be much appreciated.

Signing in from Essex, in the UK

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris and welcome, good to see another UK member.

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Jonny G

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gorham, ME, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Gertig
Member #

Hello everyone,

Just joined and looking forward to being a member. I found this forum after coming across Steve's 2016 Toyota 4Runner Mod thread. I just recently got a 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road. Had a Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 before that, and a Frontier Pro4x before the Tacoma. With all these off road capable vehicles, one could assume I'm experienced with overlanding. I must say I'm much more a novice.

We reside in upstate SC and hope to gain some valuable knowledge here.

20180113_120538.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

G'day Guys

Chris here from Western Australia
just stumbled across this website and looks like a great place
I own a 2006, 105 series land Crusier
car is not seriously modified just enough to get out there and do some touring (over landing)

my car has a Toyota 1HZ 4.2l diesel engine with an aftermarket safari turbo kit and has been rebuilt to withstand the boost by myself.
I run a 3inch lift front and rear and 33inch BFG All Terrains on Allied Tomohawk rims
bar work comprises of ARB front bar and MCC rear bar with twin wheel carrier (not shown in photos)
so many other things to lift but I think that will do for now unless you guys want a full rundown haha

View attachment 45478 View attachment 45479
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Cruiser! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Austrekka

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi, New member Morris. Been wheeling for about 30+ years. Started in VW van to Toyota truck then 63 UniMog 404S then 73 Pinzgauer 710M. Now in an '07 Land Rover LR3HSE.
Located in Denver, CO
I know the photo is a bogus driveway shot but its what I have right now.
Hi Morris and welcome to OB! Nice looking LR3HSE! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone,

Just joined and looking forward to being a member. I found this forum after coming across Steve's 2016 Toyota 4Runner Mod thread. I just recently got a 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road. Had a Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 before that, and a Frontier Pro4x before the Tacoma. With all these off road capable vehicles, one could assume I'm experienced with overlanding. I must say I'm much more a novice.

View attachment 45481
Hi Jonny and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Jonny G

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello everyone,

Welcome. That's a nice looking Toyota.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hey guys. Kevin here.

2) Location : San Diego, CA
3) Rig : 97 land cruiser
4) no overloading experience.

Been wanting to buy a truck for awhile because I started watching a lot of off roading and overloading video on youtube. So finally did it and bought my "new" used truck.
Hi Kevein, and welcome!

Is that your first truck? Nice choice. I had a 96. Sold it last year, and miss it quite a bit. Those are built, no over built, things are a tank and go almost anywhere!

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hello all!! I am excited to be a part of this forum that is dedicated to just overlanding, rather than vehicle specific forums. I found this forum while searching for CB mounts for my Trooper, and it seems like a great group!

From Royal Oak, MI. Currently living in Breckenridge, CO.

Rigs:
(1) 2000 Isuzu Trooper with 125k, 2” OME lift, Maxxis Bighorns, rear factory LSD, 5 speed
(2) 2009 Suzuki Vstrom 650, Shinko 80/20 big blocks, skids, crash bars, fuse block for power output 12v/USB, aux lights, etc
Hi.

Nice looking Trooper. Did that come with a 5 speed? I think most of them I've seen are autos. I had a 93 and it was an auto. Would have loved a manual. Those are great trucks.

Gregory Youngblood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Alamogordo, NM
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Youngblood
Member #

Hey there, been a member for a while but have never introduced myself or really posted much of anything on here. So I currently own a 2007 FJ and gotta say best rig I have ever owed. I have owned pretty much every Toyota out there but a highlander or a Prius ha. I'd say pretty up there in the knowledge /experience of Overlanding. Have put on about 50k miles in 2 years and got another 3k trip planned next month. Live in Bend, Oregon and love getting out in the wilderness here. Hooefully met some of you on our journeys :)
Hi. Nice looking FJ.

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hi, New member Morris. Been wheeling for about 30+ years. Started in VW van to Toyota truck then 63 UniMog 404S then 73 Pinzgauer 710M. Now in an '07 Land Rover LR3HSE.
Located in Denver, CO
I know the photo is a bogus driveway shot but its what I have right now.
Welcome. I’m new around here and look forward to learning from your years of experience.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hello everyone,

View attachment 45481
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

danrhiggins

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, co
Member #

Hello to the forum from Dan Higgins. I'm based in the Denver area. "Overlanding" (though I hadn't heard the term at the time) became an interest for me when I purchased a 2014 LR4 in May of 2014. A couple weeks later I headed out on my first road trip in a vehicle that could safely and confidently go "off road". On my way to the PNW I spend a day with Bill Burke in Grand Junction to learn the basics about how to drive my then stock rig and was blown away by what was possible. I was hooked. Lots of great memories in that LR4 (named Lara as in Lara Croft) in CO, AZ and UT including the 2015 Overland Expo mud bog. 18 months ago we traded in the LR4 for a 2016 Land Cruiser allowing us to tow a somewhat heavier travel trailer. We have only touched the surface with the LC (which I have named The Yeti - its white and its a beast.) I am less a "wheeler" and more of an "overlander" - which makes my wife happier. ;-) A few months from retirement we look forward to plenty of time "out there" throughout the Western US in the years ahead. (Oh, and one fun thing is that I met and interacted a lot with someone on the Land Rover forum named Dave. And what do you know but I discovered that Dave is Member 001! So I know this must be a good group.)

Here are a couple pics of Lara. Though she is not our current rig, she was my "first". ;-) Followed by a couple of The Yeti. And, yep, you can spot us by the orange traction devices which are nearly always on my roof rack. (Makes it easier to find the truck in a parking lot.)

DSC00712.jpg IMG_0783.jpg DSC01269-Edit.jpg IMG_1180.jpg IMG_1219.jpg

daniel_brooke

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

US
Hi im Dan an Aussie living in Georgia, just got a 2018 Colorado Z71. Took it off road for the first time today doing a few hours of the Georgia Traverse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gregory Youngblood

Cabe Revore

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Steamboat Springs
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Cabe Revore, and I just joined Overland Bound! I look forward to learning about the community, and seeing what it is about! I live beautiful Steamboat Springs Colorado, and love living in the Rockies! My rig is a 2005 Lexus LX470, of which I picked up a little over a year ago. Ive seen what these LX / LC models can do, and what they can become. So, I bought my own in hope of turning mine into a Overland vehicle. The plan is to create something that I can camp in, and seek out new adventures! I had a 3 inch OME lift kit installed among other goodies. I hope 2018 brings many new memories as well as upgrades to my Lx, hopefully in the near future!

IMG_E3715.JPG
IMG_E3717.JPG