Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello OB Family! My name is Jane and I am a total newbie. My husband has a lot of experience trail driving. We drive a 2015 Jeep JKUR Hardrock. All of this lingo is new to me so, I will assuredly make many mistakes. We attended the 2017 OTG Rally and had an absolute blast! Hope to do it again next year with lots of adventures under our belt by then. What a great group of people! Look forward to meeting more Overlanders!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew Jane

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello everyone

My name is Michael, I'm from South Poland.

My current Vehicle is a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2, 2.5 TD5
Previous Vehicle: Suzuki Vitara JXL, 3D, 1.6, Cabrio
My overland experience: Intermediate

I love traveling, hiking.
Beside, I like watch yours photos and movies from yours trips ;)

I'm looking for ideas for my car modifications and customization for a long trips.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all,
I am a novice at the overland game. I have a little off-roading experience though. I am in southern Illinois. I just bought a 2016 Jeep JKU and in the process of making it a overland rig. It has a 3" rough country lift sitting on 35" m/t tires on 17" rims.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello from Los Altos Hills California!
My rig : 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD pro
I love camping and driving in nature and hope I get to overland this beautiful continent in near future!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..glad to add another Toy to the group

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Well Hello, everyone. Name's Robert Jones, and I am a recently retired Marine, on to my next career. I grew up in the PACNW, so my love for the outdoors is in my bones. Currently residing in Orange County, CA, with my beautiful wife and 3x kids. I love the idea of Overlanding, and getting out there and getting dirty. How I do that with the aforementioned family is beyond me, as none of them seem to have any interest. SO - I joined here to kinda get my toes in the pool, and take it slow. Vehicle is a 2015 T4R Trail Premium, rock rails & 34"s...its a slow start, but I think this is for me.

Hoping to get to at least a meet and greet before I try and beg the wife for a trip into the great unknown. :)
Hello RTJnKIB2651 from the IE and welcome to OB! I lived in Mission Viejo for 30 years and explored RSM before it was RSM. As far as meet ups go...they are in your area but you have to keep an eye out for them on rally point. There are a few organizer in your area...I have seen Aliso Viejo and Irvine meet ups recently. If you are willing to drive we have a reoccurring one out here in the IE on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Catch you out on the trails someday brother!!!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Tavo here! Novice Outlander! After years of riding dirt bikes and ATV's, finally stepped up to off-roading and Overlanding! Looking forward to meeting new folks and to learn from all of you! Cheers!
Hello Tavo726 from the IE and welcome to OB! Come out to a meet up...you can find them in rally point. There are a few organizers in your area holding them all the time. Catch ya out on the trails brother.

galahad

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dzień Dobry!
Welcome to the community!
I've got a close friend who lives in Poland, he regularly comes over here to UK and we have a good catch up
He keeps telling me I need to spend a long weekend in Poland, wouldn't mind going to Kraków to see the salt mines and architecture :grinning:
Top man! - I used to own a Discovery 1
porozmawiamy później
Miło słyszeć :)
Zapraszam do Krakowa na piwo lub kawę.

Nice to hear :)
I invite you to Krakow for a beer or coffee.

Reactions: Kevigizmo

galahad

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all,
I am a novice at the overland game. I have a little off-roading experience though. I am in southern Illinois. I just bought a 2016 Jeep JKU and in the process of making it a overland rig. It has a 3" rough country lift sitting on 35" m/t tires on 17" rims.

RCgalloway, nice Jeep :)

Fjforles

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

Hi there, names Leslie from Anaheim, Ca
2010 Toyoda fj cruiser. Have some mods ive done, gad her for about 4 years now, i grew up fishing and love the outdoors . The girlfriend and i have some overloading experience. We are looking forward to meeting new people and making new memories20170429_185213.jpg2245ee2e24b03327144b012899a49d69.jpgIMG_20150503_141856.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

2010 Toyoda fj cruiser. Have some mods ive done, gad her for about 4 years now, i grew up fishing and love the outdoors . The girlfriend and i have some overloading experience. We are looking forward to meeting new people and making new memoriesView attachment 38098View attachment 38099View attachment 38100

Hello Leslie and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy...looking forward to seeing your build and adventures

Tavo726

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Octavio
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Hello Tavo726 from the IE and welcome to OB! Come out to a meet up...you can find them in rally point. There are a few organizers in your area holding them all the time. Catch ya out on the trails brother.
Thanks NightCrawler! Yeah, I did read up about the meet-up happening next month out there in the IE. Wife and I gonna try to make it out there!

Reactions: NightCrawler

lifelesstraveled

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Chico, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY-19D
Greetings All! Northern Comi-fornia born and raised. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some functional upgrades (Lift / Tire / Wheel, Scuba Mods, On-board Air, Dual Battery, Comms upgrades, etc.); however, continue to research and build this vehicle for long term adventures. I explored the southwestern Colorado territory while in the stationed at Fort Carson. The fiance and I now travel thousands of miles on and off-road exploring the best the west coast offers, and always seek new adventures. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to the long extended travel adventures, but have a pretty solid off-road base that I want to build upon. I hope to gain that knowledge from all of you. I learned a few things as a Cavalry Scout in the US Army with a couple of extended Adventure Travels to Afghanistan. Thank you to the OB Crew for establishing this community, I look forward to discovering knowledge nuggets from all of you.

19051747_1624025397609798_8861568531620167680_n.jpg
20478729_121294165174265_3696878896575152128_n.jpg

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
2010 Toyoda fj cruiser. Have some mods ive done, gad her for about 4 years now, i grew up fishing and love the outdoors . The girlfriend and i have some overloading experience. We are looking forward to meeting new people and making new memoriesView attachment 38098View attachment 38099View attachment 38100

Hello Fjforles from the IE and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ you have there. Come out to a local meet up...there a few monthly ones in our SoCal area that are posted in rally point. See ya out on the trails someday!!!

Sacairwilco

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salem, OR
Member #

D0C0CAD6-37E6-434F-A370-4AF8C276C709.jpeg Hello Everyone! I’m Will aka. Sacairwilco. I’ve been a longtime fan of The Overland Bound YouTube channel and a novice Overlander myself. I can’t wait to to learn more and find new places to explore!

Rigs: 2007 Nissan Frontier CrewCab
2001 Chevy Suburban 1500
(And on the hunt for a project Jeep JKU)

Reactions: Chadlyb

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Greetings All! Northern Comi-fornia born and raised. I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser with some functional upgrades (Lift / Tire / Wheel, Scuba Mods, On-board Air, Dual Battery, Comms upgrades, etc.); however, continue to research and build this vehicle for long term adventures. I explored the southwestern Colorado territory while in the stationed at Fort Carson. The fiance and I now travel thousands of miles on and off-road exploring the best the west coast offers, and always seek new adventures. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to the long extended travel adventures, but have a pretty solid off-road base that I want to build upon. I hope to gain that knowledge from all of you. I learned a few things as a Cavalry Scout in the US Army with a couple of extended Adventure Travels to Afghanistan. Thank you to the OB Crew for establishing this community, I look forward to discovering knowledge nuggets from all of you.

View attachment 38105
View attachment 38106
Hello FJScout from Southern California and welcome to OB! Thank you for your service. Yet another nice looking FJ...there seem to be a couple popping up today as new members. Catch ya out on the trails someday!

Reactions: lifelesstraveled

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Thanks NightCrawler! Yeah, I did read up about the meet-up happening next month out there in the IE. Wife and I gonna try to make it out there!
I know they have a Irvine meet up every so often...I missed the last one due to my rig getting an entirely new suspension setup but I will be making it out to the next one...I happen to work in the OC on the weekend so I can drop in before I head into work. So keep an eye for that one as well.

lifelesstraveled

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Chico, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY-19D
Hello FJScout from Southern California and welcome to OB! Thank you for your service. Yet another nice looking FJ...there seem to be a couple popping up today as new members. Catch ya out on the trails someday!
Thank you, Great to be here! If you find yourself up north look us up! Were always staged and ready for an adventure through the mountains!

Reactions: NightCrawler