• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

#7730!
Rig: W.I.P. 1982 Toyota BJ42. Right hand drive, Previous owner imported it from New Zealand. P.O. added a snorkel and roll cage, but it was RUSTY. I've taken it down to bare frame, gotten it sand blasted, POR15'd, now I've got the drivetrain reassembled with new suspension and wheels, and had just gotten started on the body work when summer showed up and stole all my attention.
Experience: total novice.
Hi Crazjtk and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello,

my name is Joerg and I'm from Germany. I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubcon (JK) and already started to build it up a little (bumper, tires, winch, rock rails). It's so much fun driving it that I was thinking what to do with it as "Offroading" is very much limited here in Germany. When searching for some offroad driving training I realized that there a also guided tours in the Alps, Romania, etc. available. I read through some travel reports, had a look at a lot of amazing picture of "pure" nature without mass tourism and think "overlanding" is what I want.

Currently I'm thinking about how to start ... a complete overlanding gear is quite expensive so I assume I have to build it up step by step ... but which steps are to take first, what gear to choose. I hope for lots of information on this forum.

I just can't keep the think clean, I HAVE to take very mudhole on my way;-) ... Here's a picture of it, with not too much dirt on it:

View attachment 37515
Hi Joerg,

Bin auch aus Deutschland. Welcome to OB! You’re right. Less off-roading but nice camping. West Alps is great. Norway is great. Montenegro is supposed to be super. Just missed out on a trip there.

Enjoy the site! And, maybe see you on the trail...

Rick

Ivan Montano

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Playas de Rosarito, Mexico
Member #

Hello All,

I am the owner of a 2015 Toyota 4runner Trail, I have ok experience with the Baja outdoors since i am very close to it. I am located in Rosarito, MX but I also have a house in Chula Vista, CA. I currently dont have a picture of my rig but I will upload one as soon as I get home LOL. I really look forward to meeting you all and to share experiences doing overland.

Cheers,
Ivan

Reactions: Chadlyb

dustpup

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Winston-Salem, NC
Member #

Hey y'all! My awesome cousin Ryan got me into overlanding this summer-- I'm excited to be all official and stuff now! I'm located in the Winston-Salem area and drive a 2014 Toyota Forerunner limited named Thor ((lol))

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

Hey y'all! My awesome cousin Ryan got me into overlanding this summer-- I'm excited to be all official and stuff now! I'm located in the Winston-Salem area and drive a 2014 Toyota Forerunner limited named Thor ((lol))
Welcome Dustpup. Hope you enjoy the forum. there are tons of things to look into and people to overland with.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello,

my name is Joerg and I'm from Germany. I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubcon (JK) and already started to build it up a little (bumper, tires, winch, rock rails). It's so much fun driving it that I was thinking what to do with it as "Offroading" is very much limited here in Germany. When searching for some offroad driving training I realized that there a also guided tours in the Alps, Romania, etc. available. I read through some travel reports, had a look at a lot of amazing picture of "pure" nature without mass tourism and think "overlanding" is what I want.

Currently I'm thinking about how to start ... a complete overlanding gear is quite expensive so I assume I have to build it up step by step ... but which steps are to take first, what gear to choose. I hope for lots of information on this forum.

I just can't keep the think clean, I HAVE to take very mudhole on my way;-) ... Here's a picture of it, with not too much dirt on it:

View attachment 37515
Hey Joerg welcome to the OB crew. Remember what JEEP stands for.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Good luck in your adventures.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All,

I am the owner of a 2015 Toyota 4runner Trail, I have ok experience with the Baja outdoors since i am very close to it. I am located in Rosarito, MX but I also have a house in Chula Vista, CA. I currently dont have a picture of my rig but I will upload one as soon as I get home LOL. I really look forward to meeting you all and to share experiences doing overland.

Cheers,
Ivan
Yo!

Owner of a 2005 Sequoia. Hanging out in El Paso for a bit. Glad to join the forums.
OB Member 8008 checking in, representing Western Massachusetts, and ready to explore! '07 FJ with lots-o-goodies.

View attachment 37566
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great to see so many new faces and rigs....this family keeps growing so fast...look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Welcome to the OB crew. Good luck on all your adventures.

dokesexton

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

Hello all!

Im in Phoenix, AZ
I have a 2006 jeep grand Cherokee
Im between a Novice and an Experienced, Lots of time camping, fishing, hiking anything to get out of the city

Reactions: Chadlyb

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello all!

Im in Phoenix, AZ
I have a 2006 jeep grand Cherokee
Im between a Novice and an Experienced, Lots of time camping, fishing, hiking anything to get out of the city
Welcome to the club. We will be passing through your area in May on our way to Monument Valley. Hope to run in to you on the trail.