Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!

Current Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma
Previous Vehicle: 2005 Bmw 525i
Overland Experience: Newbie
Why Overlanding?: I'm main passion in life is surfing, and overlanding allows me to travel to far destinations where waves are good and not crowded. I'm also in the automotive industry :)
Hi Andy and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey All!

Kevin Wilson here.
Ft. Bragg, NC
2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X
Novice: I'm just trying to get into overlanding. I have always enjoyed the outdoors; countless backpacking trips and camping, but very new to vehicle expedition. My beautiful wife bought me (us) a new Tepui RTT which we are extremely excited to try.

Looking forward to learning a lot from this group and hopefully doing some meet-ups to get a hands on education. I will be transitioning out of the military over the next year after 8 years of active duty. I think it's just time to move on and start a new chapter in my life as my wife and I are expecting our first child this coming January. Time for a break from deployments and long absences.

Nice to meet everyone! Please, feel free to contact me about any and everything.
Hi Kevin and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, my name is Brian and I just joined OB at the Overland Expo East. Thanks Ryan for filling my ears with all the ways this group is awesome!

My wife and I do venture out into wilderness areas with our two dogs for hiking/climbing, but nothing worse than well-maintained forest service roads. We're ready to take the next step and start doing some more serious travel. I'd like to make my 2000 WJ (231k miles) into a capable enough ride until I can upgrade in the not-too-distant future. So far, only a 2" budget boost and upsized Duratracs.

View attachment 36103
My Icom IC-7100 and Kenwood TM-D710G give me coverage on 80m through 23cm ham bands + GPS/APRS. Being out in the wild was the reason I got into ham radio in the first place.

View attachment 36108

We're expecting our first kid (girl) at Thanksgiving so I'll probably be consumed with all the fun that brings, but I'm hoping I can get out and explore with this group. I'm new to this whole thing and eager to learn from all of you. Cheers!

Instagram: @gr4vityrider
Hi Bryan and welcome to OB! Nice looking WJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey! I just signed up for OB recently. I have travelled the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway in Kentucky a lot, but I'm looking forward to meeting people from here and travelling a little further. Next summer I plan on going to Colorado and spending several days going from Denver to the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

My rig is in the picture below. It's a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK Overland. I live in Kentucky, but have the flag on the front because I'm from the UK!

Hello WindyBadger and welcome to OB! Nice looking WK and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 36129 View attachment 36127 Hello my name is Matthew and I am totally new to this I do however I enjoy camping and the outdoors and I'm very interested in making some new friends and having some fun taking my kids out to see some things I've never seen before I'm very happy to be a part of something more than just myself I started with lowered cars and moved to this I know opposite but I love life so fun comes in all shapes and sizes I went from a lowered 1972 Datsun 510 to a 2016 4 runner I live in the San Leandro CA i'm here hoping to learn maybe do a couple trips without the kids so that I can adapt don't have any friends as of now who do this and I don't know any trails so anyone in my area willing to give advice or help any knowledge is good knowledge to me thank you all
Hey Matthew and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi I am a beginner to overlanding, enjoy outdoor activities like backpacking, hunting, or just being outside.
I have a 05 Toyota tundra DC 4x4 that has not been moded out for overlanding but hopefully soon.
I am military stationed out of Patuxent River NAS MD
Hey Reid and welcome to OB! Nice rig and thank you for your service! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello,
My name is Quinton, and I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I recently bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler, mainly just for fun to putt around town in. However, I started down the youtube channel and found videos of people who are turning their vehicles into overland rigs. This intrigued me like nothing has before. After that I decided that my jeep will have a new purpose in life. Being from Utah I have always been immersed by the jeep culture, and the outdoor lifestyle, so overloading is something that really interests me. Currently I am slowly adding different mods to make my Jeep overland worthy. I am hoping by next late spring early summer I can have it outfitted enough to take my first overland trip. I am really excited for this build and to become a member of this community.

View attachment 36148
Hey Quinton and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Hello,
My name is Quinton, and I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I recently bought a 1998 Jeep Wrangler, mainly just for fun to putt around town in. However, I started down the youtube channel and found videos of people who are turning their vehicles into overland rigs. This intrigued me like nothing has before. After that I decided that my jeep will have a new purpose in life. Being from Utah I have always been immersed by the jeep culture, and the outdoor lifestyle, so overloading is something that really interests me. Currently I am slowly adding different mods to make my Jeep overland worthy. I am hoping by next late spring early summer I can have it outfitted enough to take my first overland trip. I am really excited for this build and to become a member of this community.

View attachment 36148
That '98 looks like a beast! Love the green!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks Jake. Same to you! If you are in Georgia anytime soon, please hit us up! Would love to have a beer! :)
Thanks man! Won't be in GA for a while. Next states to visit are AZ, NM and TX - so I'm working my way there! Would love to have a beer with you!

If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

View attachment 36129 View attachment 36127 Hello my name is Matthew and I am totally new to this I do however I enjoy camping and the outdoors and I'm very interested in making some new friends and having some fun taking my kids out to see some things I've never seen before I'm very happy to be a part of something more than just myself I started with lowered cars and moved to this I know opposite but I love life so fun comes in all shapes and sizes I went from a lowered 1972 Datsun 510 to a 2016 4 runner I live in the San Leandro CA i'm here hoping to learn maybe do a couple trips without the kids so that I can adapt don't have any friends as of now who do this and I don't know any trails so anyone in my area willing to give advice or help any knowledge is good knowledge to me thank you all
Hey Mathew!

Good getting those kiddos into overlanding! I just started working on my rig with my son and he is loving the garage time! Looking forward to getting things all set up!

Love the 4 Runner! Miss that Datusun? Besides my Frontier I am bringing an old BMW E30 Vert back to life.

Reactions: NightCrawler

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi I am a beginner to overlanding, enjoy outdoor activities like backpacking, hunting, or just being outside.
I have a 05 Toyota tundra DC 4x4 that has not been moded out for overlanding but hopefully soon.
I am military stationed out of Patuxent River NAS MD
Hello Reid and welcome to the OB crew...thank you for your service

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Hi all, my name is Brian and I just joined OB at the Overland Expo East. Thanks Ryan for filling my ears with all the ways this group is awesome!

My wife and I do venture out into wilderness areas with our two dogs for hiking/climbing, but nothing worse than well-maintained forest service roads. We're ready to take the next step and start doing some more serious travel. I'd like to make my 2000 WJ (231k miles) into a capable enough ride until I can upgrade in the not-too-distant future. So far, only a 2" budget boost and upsized Duratracs.

View attachment 36103
My Icom IC-7100 and Kenwood TM-D710G give me coverage on 80m through 23cm ham bands + GPS/APRS. Being out in the wild was the reason I got into ham radio in the first place.

View attachment 36108

We're expecting our first kid (girl) at Thanksgiving so I'll probably be consumed with all the fun that brings, but I'm hoping I can get out and explore with this group. I'm new to this whole thing and eager to learn from all of you. Cheers!

Instagram: @gr4vityrider
That is quite the cab you have in your jeep! Congrats on the kiddo! She will be out adventuring with you in no time!

DK_XV

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Easton, WA
Member #

Hello!

My name is Aaron #6936, and I hail from Central Washington and I am an Overland Newb! Well at least officially. I was in the Truck Camper life with an 06 F350 Dually and Lance 1050 camper. But times changed, and after a few years, I wanted a new rig, and an easier way to go and explore.

My Rig is a 2017 Chevy Colorado CCLB with the Baby Duramax. This is my DD and does a lot of commuting (120mi day) so I'm not planning anything extreme with my build. A 2" front level and a 1" rear block in the future, current tires are 265/65 duratracs, and not much else done at the moment. Should get me just about anywhere the road goes.

A few weeks after I got my Colorado, my partner and I went on a 2k mile roadtrip to the Grand Tetons for the solar eclipse. I've not done a lot of out of state travels as my last setup was terrible on fuel. I gotta say, 25mpg is awesome! It was a great shakedown. The Colorado is an impressive truck. Comfortable and connected. Going down a good hundred miles or so of forest roads and such to get in and out of camp and exploring, I was surprised at how smooth and nimble it was. And the baby diesel is a gem of an engine.

Overall there was not nearly enough trail runs and camping on my trip aside from the few days in the Tetons, so a lot of quick overnighters in hotels (I know, terrible form) But it had been a while since I used any of my camp gear and really camped instead of glamped in an RV. My buddies and I are all in our early 30's and all have Truck campers, but I was tired of having to limit where I go, and the cost of it all. I was always one for wanting multi-day trips and drives, but they like to just park and sit. So I was really excited to find this community and start building my truck, my experiences and my base of friends.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and show off some pics!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello!

My name is Aaron #6936, and I hail from Central Washington and I am an Overland Newb! Well at least officially. I was in the Truck Camper life with an 06 F350 Dually and Lance 1050 camper. But times changed, and after a few years, I wanted a new rig, and an easier way to go and explore.

My Rig is a 2017 Chevy Colorado CCLB with the Baby Duramax. This is my DD and does a lot of commuting (120mi day) so I'm not planning anything extreme with my build. A 2" front level and a 1" rear block in the future, current tires are 265/65 duratracs, and not much else done at the moment. Should get me just about anywhere the road goes.

A few weeks after I got my Colorado, my partner and I went on a 2k mile roadtrip to the Grand Tetons for the solar eclipse. I've not done a lot of out of state travels as my last setup was terrible on fuel. I gotta say, 25mpg is awesome! It was a great shakedown. The Colorado is an impressive truck. Comfortable and connected. Going down a good hundred miles or so of forest roads and such to get in and out of camp and exploring, I was surprised at how smooth and nimble it was. And the baby diesel is a gem of an engine.

Overall there was not nearly enough trail runs and camping on my trip aside from the few days in the Tetons, so a lot of quick overnighters in hotels (I know, terrible form) But it had been a while since I used any of my camp gear and really camped instead of glamped in an RV. My buddies and I are all in our early 30's and all have Truck campers, but I was tired of having to limit where I go, and the cost of it all. I was always one for wanting multi-day trips and drives, but they like to just park and sit. So I was really excited to find this community and start building my truck, my experiences and my base of friends.

Hi Aaron and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: DK_XV

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello!

Hello Aaron and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking rigs...looking forward to seeing more of your adventures...thanks for sharing neighbor

Reactions: DK_XV