Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi all member 4057 here. My name is James i'm from north east Oregon. I drive a not so stock 1st gen explorer. Ive always loved camping and all things outdoors. When I found overlanding I had just lost my father and to be quite honest myself. it gave me something to keep my mind off of things. I have three kids 10 6 and 3 all go with me anytime they can. My wife only when we camp at a campground lol we've put many miles on our rig mostly local trips within 200 mi radius. looking forward to visiting family in Bakersfield next year and hit up some places where i grew up. Hope to see you all on the trail!
Hello Trailman4057 from the Inland Empire. Welcome to OB...it's great to have you here! Spending time with family and friends is what its all about. Love what you have done to the explorer... see ya out on the trails someday brother!

Reactions: Trailman4057

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all member 4057 here. My name is James i'm from north east Oregon. I drive a not so stock 1st gen explorer. Ive always loved camping and all things outdoors. When I found overlanding I had just lost my father and to be quite honest myself. it gave me something to keep my mind off of things. I have three kids 10 6 and 3 all go with me anytime they can. My wife only when we camp at a campground lol we've put many miles on our rig mostly local trips within 200 mi radius. looking forward to visiting family in Bakersfield next year and hit up some places where i grew up. Hope to see you all on the trail!View attachment 35446View attachment 35447
Hi James and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all member 4057 here. My name is James i'm from north east Oregon. I drive a not so stock 1st gen explorer. Ive always loved camping and all things outdoors. When I found overlanding I had just lost my father and to be quite honest myself. it gave me something to keep my mind off of things. I have three kids 10 6 and 3 all go with me anytime they can. My wife only when we camp at a campground lol we've put many miles on our rig mostly local trips within 200 mi radius. looking forward to visiting family in Bakersfield next year and hit up some places where i grew up. Hope to see you all on the trail!View attachment 35446View attachment 35447
Hello northwest neighbor....welcome

716T4RnR

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Paso Robles, CA, USA
First Name
Sarah
Last Name
Ambrose
Member #

Hi everyone! I just signed up to join the OB group and I'm very excited about it!

Some info about me:

My name is Sarah. My pup Moulson is usually my trusty co-pilot when my boyfriend Kevin is not in town. He's really the one who has turned me on to adventuring and offroading. We are huge campers and explorers so getting my 4Runner has been an extra bonus for us!

1) Picture: See attached...my pup tends to make cameos in a lot of my pictures so far! :) image1.JPGIMG_8949.JPG
2) Location: I'm located in Tempe, AZ. I do a lot of travelling up to Northern AZ and to Orange County, CA.
3) Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner Sr5...yes, they matter too, haha!
4) Experience: I am very much a novice when it comes to my overlanding experience. I have always been an outdoors girl who likes to travel in and out of the country. Since I have gotten my 4Runner, I have been non-stop travelling and trying to find trails that I can play on. I'm still stock everything but am really hoping joining this group can give me some tips and tricks to mods. I'm hoping to at least get a new suspension system, tires, and wheels soon. Gotta start off slow though since I picked an expensive hobby! :) I look forward to meeting everyone and getting some guidance along the way! Cheers!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone! I just signed up to join the OB group and I'm very excited about it!

Some info about me:

My name is Sarah. My pup Moulson is usually my trusty co-pilot when my boyfriend Kevin is not in town. He's really the one who has turned me on to adventuring and offroading. We are huge campers and explorers so getting my 4Runner has been an extra bonus for us!

1) Picture: See attached...my pup tends to make cameos in a lot of my pictures so far! :) View attachment 35459View attachment 35460
2) Location: I'm located in Tempe, AZ. I do a lot of travelling up to Northern AZ and to Orange County, CA.
4) Experience: I am very much a novice when it comes to my overlanding experience. I have always been an outdoors girl who likes to travel in and out of the country. Since I have gotten my 4Runner, I have been non-stop travelling and trying to find trails that I can play on. I'm still stock everything but am really hoping joining this group can give me some tips and tricks to mods. I'm hoping to at least get a new suspension system, tires, and wheels soon. Gotta start off slow though since I picked an expensive hobby! :) I look forward to meeting everyone and getting some guidance along the way! Cheers!
Welcome Sarah.....great rig ...

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

Some info about me:

1) Picture: See attached...my pup tends to make cameos in a lot of my pictures so far! :) View attachment 35459View attachment 35460
Hello Sarah from the Inland Empire. Welcome to OB, nice rig and pup! I am just the opposite of you...I live in SoCal and make semi-annual trips to AZ. Look for the photo sharing forum to showcase that photobombing pup...I am sure Moulson will be a hit. Catch on the trails someday!

Reactions: 716T4RnR

Cody Chumbley

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Weatherford, Texas
Member #

22179703_917602202273_221045493004993840_o.jpg My name is Cody Chumbley, I am a 35 year old from Weatherford, Texas. My rig is a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition. I would consider myself a novice in overlanding but well more experienced in backpacking. I am just now getting into this world and am excited to see where it take my 2 boys, my wife, and I to.

Last edited:

UpirLichy

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

The Colony, TX
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Deans
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5TEX
Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road with the intention of slowly outfitting it to take my family overlanding. For now we will just throw everything in the bed and hit the trail. I am new to overlanding. I have done my fair share of rock crawling but am tired of breaking my rigs. I look forward to the adventures ahead. Oh yeah, I am in the North Dallas area.

Truck.jpeg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Cody Chumbley, I am a 35 year old from Weatherford, Texas. My current rig is a white 2007 Crew Cab Ford F-150 FWD but I am in the process of moving to a Jeep Unlimited. I will post a picture of that rig whenever I finally purchase one here soon. I would consider myself a novice in overlanding but well more experienced in backpacking. I am just now getting into this world and am excited to see where it take my 2 boys, my wife, and I to.
Welcome to OB...

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone,

I recently picked up a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road with the intention of slowly outfitting it to take my family overlanding. For now we will just throw everything in the bed and hit the trail. I am new to overlanding. I have done my fair share of rock crawling but am tired of breaking my rigs. I look forward to the adventures ahead. Oh yeah, I am in the North Dallas area.

View attachment 35466
Welcome to OB....nice Tacoma

Reactions: UpirLichy

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
My name is Cody Chumbley, I am a 35 year old from Weatherford, Texas. My current rig is a white 2007 Crew Cab Ford F-150 FWD but I am in the process of moving to a Jeep Unlimited. I will post a picture of that rig whenever I finally purchase one here soon. I would consider myself a novice in overlanding but well more experienced in backpacking. I am just now getting into this world and am excited to see where it take my 2 boys, my wife, and I to.
Hello Cody from Southern California. Welcome to OB! Spending time with the family is what it is all about. See ya out on the trails brother!!!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hey everyone,

View attachment 35466
Hello UpirLichy from Southern California. Welcome to OB! Your rock crawling experiences will come in handy in these forums...some of us are still breaking our rigs out there. See ya out on the trials brother!!!

Reactions: UpirLichy

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

From Anaheim, Ca
Purchased As-is in April '17 with 156K miles
'02 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with leveling kit
Bilstein Shocks
K&N Cold Air Intake
Custom Borla Exhaust
17" American Racing Wheels
General Grabber A/T2 Tires
42" Curved LED lightbar on front bumper
The only thing we added was the 3rd row

Future Upgrades:
Custom Roof Rack in the works
Custom Rock Rails and heavy duty skids
Wilco Offroad Offset Hitch Mounted Tire Carrier
Rough Country 6" lift kit
larger tires when ready
more lights

Wife's daily driver/grocery getter for our family of 5.
It's only been on a few trips with us... out to Johnson Valley where the offroad capabilities of this truck are more than enough for us, as seen in the picture to Pismo Beach, eagerly waiting for snow season.

IMG_5038.jpg View attachment 35471

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
From Anaheim, Ca
Purchased As-is in April '17 with 156K miles
'02 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with leveling kit
Bilstein Shocks
K&N Cold Air Intake
Custom Borla Exhaust
17" American Racing Wheels
General Grabber A/T2 Tires
42" Curved LED lightbar on front bumper
The only thing we added was the 3rd row

Future Upgrades:
Custom Roof Rack in the works
Custom Rock Rails and heavy duty skids
Wilco Offroad Offset Hitch Mounted Tire Carrier
Rough Country 6" lift kit
larger tires when ready
more lights

Wife's daily driver/grocery getter for our family of 5.
It's only been on a few trips with us... out to Johnson Valley where the offroad capabilities of this truck are more than enough for us, as seen in the picture to Pismo Beach, eagerly waiting for snow season.

View attachment 35472 View attachment 35471
Hello black-Z71-bowtie from the Inland Empire. Welcome to OB! Isn't it nice to relax on the beach with your rig right next to you. The family and I recently paid Pismo Beach a visit and it was awesome that they still let vehicles out there. See ya out on the trails brother!

DirtyDan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sorrento, Florida, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Shea
Member #

Hello Dan and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Hey Jake, I follow your YouTube channel, say hi to Annie for me! If you are ever in Florida we should hit the croom trails. Also a few spots to drive onto the beach by my house in Jacksonville.

Chevy Chasin Vacation

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Anaheim, CA
Member #

Hello black-Z71-bowtie from the Inland Empire. Welcome to OB! Isn't it nice to relax on the beach with your rig right next to you. The family and I recently paid Pismo Beach a visit and it was awesome that they still let vehicles out there. See ya out on the trails brother!
Thanks, it was cool to hear the ranger tell me to find a spot to park and hang out with a beer or wine and start a fire, nothing like that in OC, $20 to park within a mile from the beach, CRAZY!!!

Reactions: NightCrawler

Gdcastro03

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi everyone I’m new to overlanding but I’m really interested to learn mor

I lived in Clarksville,TN but I’m originally from Phoenix,AZ / my rig is a 2017 4runner sr5 i don’t really have a lot of things done to it, I’m still learn but so far it has a leveling kit and KO2 tires 285 TRD pro skid plate and TRD pro rims 7EA1CE6A-A6E2-4016-A863-ACCE70CE6424.jpeg