Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there!
I'm Taylor, from Vacaville, CA. New to overlanding but always been an avid outdoorsman. Recently I have been working on getting my 2013 Nissan Xterra trailworthy. Added a 2.5" lift a few weeks ago, currently in the process of adding a second battery to the engine bay, as well as a water tank plumbed through a heat exchanger for on demand hot and cold water. Here's a pic from just after the lift install.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here. There is seems to be some very good content and support in this community.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Folks -- brand new (as in I just discovered the site last night) member from Puget Sound/Washington state. I'm currently without an overlandable vehicle but I'm feeling the itch. My last rig was a VW Syncro Westy with Subaru engine and gobs of upgrades. I love that thing but I spent waaay more time working on it than I did enjoying it. And with two little kids, that was an upside down priority. So off it went.

But now my kids are high-school age and I'd love to get out on some of the great Pacific Northwest logging roads with them for camping and day trips. While I loved the vanagon, think this time I'll go with a more standard SUV, and likely something Japanese to turn the maintenance vs. fun equation around. Things I'm considering: Early-mid 2000s 4Runner, similar vintage Lexus LX or GX, Tacoma, and (this is a new one and why I found my way to this forum) a 2005-07 Honda Pilot.

I don't expect any serious rock crawling -- traction wise (and pucker-factor wise), I've been able to get most places in my various AWD cars over the years (Audi Quatrro wagon, Mercedes 4matic wagon, and even my wife's Jetta) -- but, and this is a biggie in the mountains, I need more clearance and meatier rubber. I'll look around here for ideas, but please holler if you have suggestions.

Thanks for having me!
Welcome, @syncro, to Overland Bound! You can't go wrong with any of the options you are looking at. The truth of the matter is that, as @Michael says, it doesn't matter what you drive. So long as it can handle the paths you want to explore and it allows you to get out there... it is the right rig. One of the best ways to help get ideas is to meet up with other members and check out what they have and what they have done with it. If you don't mind driving up to Burlington, there is a meetup this Friday [link] that @Gabriel Bozeman set up and will be happening every month. Beyond that, there are tons of members in the Seattle area that would love to meetup, so I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forum [link] and starting a thread to discuss it. You can also take a look at all of the events planned for the area on the Rally Point system [link]. Of course, the best place to see a wide variety of overland vehicles, from mild to wild, is at the Northwest Overland Rally (NWOR) [link] which occurs at the end of June in Plain, WA.

I look forward to meeting you someday soon. Until then, feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Can’t wait to get out there and meet some awesome like-minded people! See you out there!

I have a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium sitting on BFG KO2 285/70/17sView attachment 96110

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: silens_87

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone ,
Have done some offroading/overlanding, but the pickings are slim in NY, I have to travel pretty far.
View attachment 96107
Hoping to meet new people to explore with
-Ryan

Our East Region is very active contact @Hank Outdoors he is your Regional Director

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Folks -- brand new (as in I just discovered the site last night) member from Puget Sound/Washington state. I'm currently without an overlandable vehicle but I'm feeling the itch. My last rig was a VW Syncro Westy with Subaru engine and gobs of upgrades. I love that thing but I spent waaay more time working on it than I did enjoying it. And with two little kids, that was an upside down priority. So off it went.

But now my kids are high-school age and I'd love to get out on some of the great Pacific Northwest logging roads with them for camping and day trips. While I loved the vanagon, think this time I'll go with a more standard SUV, and likely something Japanese to turn the maintenance vs. fun equation around. Things I'm considering: Early-mid 2000s 4Runner, similar vintage Lexus LX or GX, Tacoma, and (this is a new one and why I found my way to this forum) a 2005-07 Honda Pilot.

I don't expect any serious rock crawling -- traction wise (and pucker-factor wise), I've been able to get most places in my various AWD cars over the years (Audi Quatrro wagon, Mercedes 4matic wagon, and even my wife's Jetta) -- but, and this is a biggie in the mountains, I need more clearance and meatier rubber. I'll look around here for ideas, but please holler if you have suggestions.

Thanks for having me!

Reactions: syncro

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Joined a bit ago but I finally have time to start posting and contributing to the forum and community.

Born and raised in the East Bay Area near Walnut Creek.
Main vehicle is a white 2014 F150 3.5 Ecoboost FX4, I will be posting pictures soon as well as starting up the build thread. Big into dirtbike/motorcycle racing and have just recently (last 3 years or so) started getting into overlanding more and more. Grew up camping every weekend we could get away and love the idea of being able to explore a lot more with the new smaller set up, super excited to get to meet everyone and learn as much as possible.

Nozz

Edit - This is the oldest picture I have on my new phone, not a great one but it gives an idea lol.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Got a 19 trd premium. Fixing to have an icon stage 2, fuel wheels, and Nitto trail grapplers installed. Looking to get back into camping and over landing eventually. Looking forward to meeting some of you one day.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

nitteo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
First Name
C
Last Name
J
Member #

1) THE BEAST
2) Location > South Florida
3) Rig > 2000 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER (those 20s are gonna go 16x8 soon)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: New to Overlanding, but have gone tent camping with my kids numerous times. looking forward to Overlanding with my 3 Kids across the US during summer vacay.

Attachments

roverfanatic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hi,
This is my 95 Land Rover Discovery. All mods have been done by myself. I try to manufacture as many of them as I can as opposed to kits. She has never had anyone but me turn a wrench on her and she has 300,000 miles on her original 3.9 V8. I have plans to do a major build on her over the next year and a half. I came across a build thread on this site: "Nanuuq" my Land Rover Discovery 2, ...forever a project!" which is why I joined. The forum also seems better developed than most of the LR forums I belong to, from a technical perspective.

I am in East Texas but have offices in Dallas, Houston, Boston, Chicago, and Connecticut. So I move around the country quite a bit. Up until this year, she has been my daily driver, but with the build upgrades, I have planned I have taken her off the road for everyday driving. (For now)

Best,
Tony

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @roverfanatic , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey everyone ,
Have done some offroading/overlanding, but the pickings are slim in NY, I have to travel pretty far.
View attachment 96107
Hoping to meet new people to explore with
-Ryan
Ryan, welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial who is your local member Rep. Also coming up soon there is a Trail Guardian event on Long Island, here is the link: Saving democratic beach in Robert Moses state park and you can contact @Cpol with any question about the event.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Our East Region is very active contact @Hank Outdoors he is your Regional Director
Thanks @Kent R !!!

Walt

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tulsa, OK, USA
Member #

Post 2 of first required 4:
Had several 4 wheel drives, most of my adult life, but just into "overloading" the Ozarks in the last couple of years.

Reactions: Kent R

roverfanatic

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hello @roverfanatic , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

If you have any questions let me know.
Thanks for the information! I will check it out.

Best,
Tony
OU Class of 88' Boomer Sooner!

RCooney

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Cooney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3OXS
Another newbie here.

Rig: 2017 Ford Raptor mated to a (new to us) 2010 Airstream International 27FB (our older 23 is pictured)
Experience: Lots of backcountry stuff, former river and backpacking guide. "Vehicle based" travel includes lots of cross country trips and "approaches" for mountaineering routes out west, so beginner to intermediate in that realm.

IMG_3775.JPG