Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 95227
Hey, I’m Dave and this is a picture of my 1985 HJ75 Landcruiser Troopy. I’m currently in Anchorage, Alaska, and I’m new to overlanding. I’ve got some experience hiking and camping, but I’m a novice when it comes to vehicle-based adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Alex. Just got into the outdoors back in September with the purchase of my Jeep.
Rig: 2016 White Jeep Wrangler JKU Sahara
Experience: a few months of off road trails, camping, and getting stuck in the snow along with countless hours of YouTube videos.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: AlexWood

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new guy from the Fort Walton Beach, FL area. I've evidently been an Overland Bound for a while now but didn't know there was such a following. I grew up in Southeast MN, joined the Air Force out of High School and landed in NW Florida. I have a 2011 F-150 Super Crew FX4 that I Overland in. My current tent is a Napier bed tent. Since I have a Diamondback cover I'm looking at getting a Rooftop tent so I can keep things secure in the bed of my truck and camp even higher up. So far my favorite I think are the Cascadia tents but I am still new to Rooftop tents so still researching. Well, I look forward to learning from all of you here, looks like a place to meet new friends and learn more about Overland camping!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone. I am Michael and am intermediate to experienced in overlanding. I like to get out of the city for a few days and live out of my truck with my fiance and 3 dogs. Look forward to meeting some of you on the trails.

Rig: 2004 Land Rover Discovery HSE7

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jordan here. Born and raised in St Lawrence Valley in Upstate NY just a stones throw from the Canadian border. Now i have the good fortune of living miles from town, in the scenic Adirondack Mountain Foothills. I'm a US Army Veteran (68W Combat Medic), and former LEO. I currently work in private sector Emergency Medical Services. I've been Overlanding for the better part of the past decade to one degree or another and I've had a few different rigs over the years, including a 2006 Tahoe, 2004 TJ, and a 2010 JKU, to name a few. My current rig is a 2007 Jeep WK with a RC 2" BB, riding on 265-70-r17 Duratracs on stock wheels with 1" spacers. I've added an Apex rack to factory cross bars and will be fabricating some steel cross bars to get rack tucked in a little tighter to the rig in the coming weeks. Lighting and Comms setup to follow as well as custom jack, and traction board mounts for the rack. Looking forward to gaining some insight from the forums, and passing along what knowledge i possess to others.

Happy Trails

View attachment 95349

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there OB Community!

I have been lurking and reading in the background for some time now and am starting to take the plunge into some serious OB exploring with the purchase of what will become my Overlanding Bakkie (South African equivalent for Ute, Rig, Pickup, Truck, etc). The image bellow is when I picked it up from the Ford Dealership in Portsmouth just yesterday.

So who am I, born and raised in South Africa currently living in the United Kingdom, currently in the South of England but I move every two years due to postings to new units. I have a great love of the outdoor lifestyle and am really passionate to get my son (age 3) hooked on it as well.
I have a lot of camping experience but not 'Vehicle dependent' overland travel, if you exclude military experience. My aim is to have a setup that makes life easy and allow us to set-up and tear down as fast as possible with as little headaches as possible but am 100% certain there will be great trial and error ;)

The vehicle is a 2016, Ford - Ranger Wildtrak, 3.2L Diesel 5 Cylinder DuraTorq power plant, with only 12000 miles on the clock, so just about run in in my opinion. I already have the first part of the build on roder but will keep that for a 'Rig Build' tread.

That is me for now I am looking forward to get involved and meet new people and see new places!!

Safe Travels
Jakes

View attachment 95338

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Falon here. Brand new member. I’m pretty new to overlanding. I have a 2011 Jeep JK. Super excited to finally be apart of the community after about a year of lurking. I’m from NorCal near Sacramento. I would post a picture of the rig but I’m going to be upgrading to a JKU soon or maybe one of those new Gladiators.

Your local Member Representative is @Magic Mike he is an awesome resource!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, New member here from the Atlanta Metro area.
Current project is a 2018 Silverado Crew Cab. Looking to go out and explore the world.View attachment 95279

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director. The Regional Director can advise you of a Member Representative close to you.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, sharing my vehicle and project with you.
Its a 1978 AM General, M35A2C. Multifuel, dropside bed, power steering, heater, MRAP wheel conversion, 295.85.r20 Goodyear MVT tires, flipped hubs.
After looking for about 3 years, we purchased this from a museum. We've had it about 5 years, and enjoyed cruising around and fixing it up.
I always wanted to find a nice ambulance body for camping and outings, but either the cost or logistics prevented that. Until...A friend heard about what i was looking for, they had this 8x10 fiberglass insulated box, sitting at their yard.
I worked out a deal with the manager, and now its found a home on the "deuce".
The box has spent several years in the oil field, so it needed extensive cleaning inside, as well as outside, but was built to take some abuse. It did come equipped with an electrical panel, and double pane tinted windows. The HVAC unit on the front will be removed, and the box will then be slid forward about 18" . A 48" cab over sleeper will be added there in its place.
There is enough room for built in dining area that converts to sleeping, a kitchen, as well as a potty/shower combo.
As of now its in the cleaning and de-construction and design stage. Once the weather breaks my neighbor is coming over with his crane and the HVAC unit it will be the next thing off.
Thanks for checking it out, and looking forward to some input from some members, and better weather...Thanks all.

Wow thats some rig!

Reactions: oilwellfixer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
thanks for having me, I’m getting out of riding my Rzr and have been doing long trips in that, but tired of trailering it the riding then driving home.
Love the idea of just being able to cover some more ground and exploring without having to go back to trailer.
I’m looking for a overland rig,I narrowed it down to 4 door Rubicon or Chevy ZR2.
Any advice on rig choice ?
Thanks Bryon

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome @JonoTroopy, good looking setup you have there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

There is also a recurring meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month.

If you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Trent here, I'm a few miles south of Houston/ Pearland, Texas. I am new to the "overlanding" world. I have a 08 JKU Sahara that we've had for several years. Not a lot of modifications have been made to it. It's been able to get me where I've needed it to, as is, so far. I'm currenty building a trailer for my RTT, to use as a base camp when we go out. I'm actually proud and excited about this project. Hope it turns like I've imagined, and we are excited to get out and see different parts of the country.
View attachment 95507View attachment 95509

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome @RafterJB, that looks like the K-trail. Welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

June 7th – 9th is the OB Rally Southeast in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all I’m Justin
Experience: novice/moderate
Rig: 08 Toyota Tacoma TRD. Just bought it last week for the future wife and I to get started in the overland world. I also have an 86 FJ 62 that I’m slowly working on when I get a chance. In the meantime the taco will have to do.
Took it out on its maiden voyage this weekend and was honestly quite impressed. It did great for being all stock plus it was very comfortable for the future wife and I, plus the 3 dogs. After getting home my mind has ran rampant with ideas for the taco. Now if I could only win the lottery

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

Overland Bound Regions!

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome @Trent Munson , good look start you have there on the trailer. Welcome from Oklahoma.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

Rig: 2012 Land Rover LR4
Experience: Novice. My wife and I have lots of backpacking experience. But now we have 2 small(but exponentially growing) kiddos that enjoy car camping. We want to overland to give
our kids more new experiences and to increase the drops in our family time bucket.

Cheers and hope to meet you out on the trails,
Ezra

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. New member and new to overlanding and off roading. Located in the Bay Area, CA and just bought a stock 17 GX 460. Looking forward to learning and building my rig for adventure. Also joined GXOR.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi there OB Community!

I have been lurking and reading in the background for some time now and am starting to take the plunge into some serious OB exploring with the purchase of what will become my Overlanding Bakkie (South African equivalent for Ute, Rig, Pickup, Truck, etc). The image bellow is when I picked it up from the Ford Dealership in Portsmouth just yesterday.

So who am I, born and raised in South Africa currently living in the United Kingdom, currently in the South of England but I move every two years due to postings to new units. I have a great love of the outdoor lifestyle and am really passionate to get my son (age 3) hooked on it as well.
I have a lot of camping experience but not 'Vehicle dependent' overland travel, if you exclude military experience. My aim is to have a setup that makes life easy and allow us to set-up and tear down as fast as possible with as little headaches as possible but am 100% certain there will be great trial and error ;)

The vehicle is a 2016, Ford - Ranger Wildtrak, 3.2L Diesel 5 Cylinder DuraTorq power plant, with only 12000 miles on the clock, so just about run in in my opinion. I already have the first part of the build on roder but will keep that for a 'Rig Build' tread.

That is me for now I am looking forward to get involved and meet new people and see new places!!

Safe Travels
Jakes

View attachment 95338
Hi Jake2514,

Welcome to OB and our region.
This is an exciting time here in the West Europe Region. We have had a number of meets throughout the UK already this year and are in the process of planning a number of other meets including Salisbury Plain, some private estates in Wales that are not normally open to the public and both the North East 250 and North Coast 500 routes in Scotland. A further weekend of Green Laning is well into the planning stages for the North of England in Northumbria.

There has also been contact with a number of groups such as the Forestry Commission and Coastal Care in Northumberland with a view to setting up Trail Guardian events which our members are keen to get involved in.

We have a number of South African members here and also a few members running setups in pick ups who I am sure will be happy to help and advise as needed.

As events come online they will be posted in the Rally Point Section of the OB Website as well as on our region specific forum. We also have an Overland Bound - West Europe Facebook page where general chat and discussions take place.

With anything else or you need help or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me. My job is to help you get the maximum benefits of your Overland Bound Membership.

Reactions: Jakes2514

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB
Just checking in from Sonoma County.
I have a 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and a 2004 Chevy w/ a Four Wheel Camper
Here are some pictures of Cr2I working at the Cow Mountain Trail Guardian event this weekend.

Attachments

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning Overland Bound,

Been a member for a few years just never posted "New Member Info."

I am located in Placerville, CA.

My rig is a 97 FJ80 with a few modifications.
2" Ironman suspension
Baja Rack
33" mud tires
Tuff Stuff RTT
Modified/Fab JK rear bumper w/tire carrier
I Raptor liner the entire rig tank green.

Mediocre experience. Been to Mojave, Death Valley, Zion, and Bryce Canyon. Definitely no Rock crawling! I like my vehicle :)

Have a great day!

Tony

I saw that your Member Rep and Director all ready told you about the Sierra Foothills Overlanders. If your interested please message me @Kent R with your email address and Ill put you on the list.