Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Good morning! I'm Matt. Pretty spanking new to the Overland community; here to learn and share all that I can. Glad to find what seems like a great community!

Current vehicle: 2019 Jeep Wrangler
Overland experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Matt (@stackpwnies)! You are in a great location to get started into overlanding. The Portland/Vancouver are has a lot to offer to any level of adventurer. It is also a great area to get to meet some really awesome fellow Overland Bound members. I recommend checking out the US NorthWest Regional forum [link] to get to know your neighbors and get an idea of what is going on in the area. Right now things are a little slow as we await spring, but that will soon change.

Generally, when activities are planned, they are posted on the Rally Point System [link], so you should keep an eye on that.

Anyway, I hope to get to meet you in person soon. Until then, if you need anything just send me a message here on the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: stackpwnies

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

New member here. I’m just a guy that likes to be outside and enjoying the world. I’ve wondered how it must of looked a few hundred years ago. Sometimes when I get off the beaten path I believe I see a glimpse of it. Perhaps you see that too from time to time.
Welcome! Yes, I love thinking about what the places I go to looked like 100+ years ago. [emoji848]

BRoverland

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello everybody! Glad to be part of this group, I'm in south Louisiana and have been looking for good trails and backroads. I'm planning on starting with Kisatchie and Homochitto national forests, so any info about those areas would be appreciated!

Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: Beginner

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
San Diego region
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Novice! Looking for trails, campsites and friends in my area
Welcome to Overland Bound, I’m glad your here. Don’t forget to check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups!

Fj260z

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Edmonds
Member #

Howzit!
My family and I are located in Western Washington, frequently out to the mountain loop highway outside of Granite Falls or to Tahuya (fun day trips!). We have two overlanding'ish vehicles to bring out to the trails, an 87 Landcruiser or a 16 4runner TRD PRO. We chose overlanding as our hobby/ life because it's so family friendly and we are able to see things many people do not.

Attachments

Avi Meyers

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hi,
For the past ten years my adventure vehicle was a phenomenal Unicat. It was difficult to part with but I'm now ready for something different. Please forgive my ignorance but are there any truck camper owners in this club or is it strictly for non-camper 4X4s? My current project/hobby is building the ultimate expedition-grade truck camper. I have a 2019 Ram 5500 4X4 crew-cab on order, I'm having a custom aluminum utility bed built, and I purchased a Cirrus 920 slide-in which I'm completely transforming. Please let me know if this is of any interest to any of you?
Thank you

Attachments

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Hello everybody! Glad to be part of this group, I'm in south Louisiana and have been looking for good trails and backroads. I'm planning on starting with Kisatchie and Homochitto national forests, so any info about those areas would be appreciated!

Current Vehicle: 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Overland Experience: Beginner
Thibodaux, LA here...nothing but swamp. Let me know what you find out. I'm new to all this and just bought a small camper and probably should try it out more locally at first before heading off half-cocked to another state. I heard Homochitto is nice, not sure if they have dispersed camping...

Yuphorya

Rank III

Influencer II

Hi from Eastern Ontario! I hope larger trucks are welcome.
My rig is a Fully converted DAF T244 - UK Military 'GS' Spec - 1991

Started life like:

Many hours in 3D CAD:

Finished Product:

Experience: Drove from South Africa to the UK in a 1988 Toyota Hilux Overland Vehicle.

Looking forward to meeting up with like-minded people who enjoy the overland adventure.

Yuphorya

Rank III

Influencer II

Hi,
For the past ten years my adventure vehicle was a phenomenal Unicat. It was difficult to part with but I'm now ready for something different. Please forgive my ignorance but are there any truck camper owners in this club or is it strictly for non-camper 4X4s? My current project/hobby is building the ultimate expedition-grade truck camper. I have a 2019 Ram 5500 4X4 crew-cab on order, I'm having a custom aluminum utility bed built, and I purchased a Cirrus 920 slide-in which I'm completely transforming. Please let me know if this is of any interest to any of you?
Thank you
I am! I like to see what people are building. Please post lots of progress photos.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Just joined this evening. Looking forward to learning more about overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound @Sarge368! This is an incredible resource for learning about overlanding, both in the wealth of knowledge from the online members and also from the local members. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. In particular, the South Puget Sound group was working towards having monthly meetups [link], so you might want to check in with that group.

Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm Jeff, currently living near Monterey, CA.

Current Rig: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 EcoDiesel
Experience: I am fairly new to the overland gig in my own dime.. However, I have plenty of experience in expeditionary operations in the Army so overlanding seems natural.
Rig Picture:

How do you like the bed rack and tent? I was looking into the same setup for my truck. Is it solid and how is the rack attached? I would appreciate another photo or two being posted.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New from south Louisiana. Hello all, recently retired with kids in college and just bought first camp trailer. Wanted to join a group to learn and get ideas.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/