Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy!

My name is Cody, I currently live in Marysville, CA but will be moving to Minot ND next year. I drive(and am building) a 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE. I have no overlanding experience, but I am interested in getting started, especially seeing as I am moving to Minot.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here! This is a great community with wonderful people that are more than willing to answer any questions you have.

Check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet-ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there Overland Bound Members,

I'm Justin Clark, my wife Annamarie and I have spent just about every weekend of the last two years hiking the great state of California (mostly Ca). I'm 30 years old and thought I was into sports cars for the last 15 years of my life... boy was I wrong haha. I've been a bit of a small collector having a '16 Ford GT350R, Boss 302, Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R, '72 BMW 2002 race car ($100k build), '83 6 series bmw etc etc etc. Well, I've sold most of my sports cars as I've found the world of Overlanding to fit our lifestyle much better than the world of sporting cars. I was lucky enough to find this forum recently and have just purchased a membership. Hope to meet you all out on the trails!

We currently are building our 2017 Range Rover HSE to meet the standard necessary for Overlanding. Based in Danville, Ca. I consider myself to be a newbie to Overlanding and any advice is certainly welcome!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone

In the process of building a new a rig. Haven't really done any over landing beyond just throwing a tent, grill, kayaks, cooler and fishing gear in the box of my 2014 half ton and jumping from lake to lake. The 14 is my daily as well. Has a 5 inch rcx and 35s on OEM 20s
View attachment 79546

The build: started with a 2002 duramax chassis from the truck that I wrecked then i purschased a 67 c10 to put on the chassis. I shortened the chassis 26 inches and chopped the ifs off the front and installed a dana 60 using a wfo 3 inch sas kit. Still in the process of restoring the 67. Plan is to find a cheap pop up camper to toss in the back and take it wheeling with kayaks strapped to the top. Truck will he making about 500 whp and run 33s for daily duty and 35s on some cheap steal wheels for wheeling.

Before the sas just sitting on wood blocks on the chassis
View attachment 79547
Installing sas
View attachment 79548
As it sits now: engine, trans, tcase back in, frame painted, axle and radius arms painted, redrilled hubs for 8x6.5 bolt pattern.
View attachment 79549

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Look forward to seeing pictures of the build.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Alaska! I have a 2013 tacoma and I am waiting on my newly purchased FWC fleet shell. This seems like a great resource and I am looking forward to being part of the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound and the Pacific North West region!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey my names Niels im from Rankin ontario and i drive a 2004 toyota highlander all my background experience was in an 09 tacoma i had and in my can am defender most long weekends

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Brad. I live in La Grande, Oregon. I own a stock 2001 Toyota 4runner SR5. I plan to upgrade a few things. I am a novice to the overland thing. I have been an Army medic for the past 19 years. Looking forward to exploring eastern Oregon some more.

We are trying to get a meet-up in that side of OR and Eastern WA. Hope to get you some info soon.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582 View attachment 79581 View attachment 79582 View attachment 79582 Hello everyone.
I am a newbie kinda. I have always liked taking the road less traveled and exploring new places,but I just recently learned that what I have been doing has a name "overlanding".
Vehicle: 2016 GMC Canyon Diesel.
2in. Leveling kit
Lightforce 240 HID lights
Rough Country bull bar
Dick Cepek Fun Country tires.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the forum, thanks for the the membership.
Got my 2013 FJ about 3 years ago and enjoy exploring new off-road territory with it. I'm really interested in getting an overlanding trailer and figure I will start looking into options. I like to research before I do something big like this, so here I am.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon everyone!

I joined a few weeks back, but had a busy schedule leading up to December. Looking forward to checking out this massive community. I have 0 experience when it comes to offroading. I camped quite a bit when I was younger, but nothing more than your weekend family camping trip. Can't wait to get out there and explore! I plan on getting my 5 yr old son and soon to be born son into outdoor activities. Figured this was the perfect place to join. I live in NW Arkansas so if anyone is around my area and knows of some great beginner trails or locations let me know!

Cheers

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member - Discovered this "Overland" craze and to be honest I'm incredibly annoyed I didn't sort it out sooner! Too much money into massive rigs and RVs then building off road rigs on the side... should have just merged it all into one from the beginning. Nice to be here - 1 ton diesel, 5th wheel, and rock crawling Jeep Rubicon have been downsized to a Chevy Colorado ZR2 and whatever Overlanding stuff happens next.

Happy Adventuring!

- Mark

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello Everyone,

Brian Here i've definitely caught the overlanding bug.

rig: 99 jeep cherokee limited (for now.. shopping for a new rig)
experience: pro camper and festival goer, new to overlanding but ready to dive in

looking forward to getting out there with the family and meeting some great people.

Brian (Rivit)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, new to Overland Bound and excited to see what it is about. Experienced four wheeler, built a few rigs. Do not like breaking things on the trail. Stairs at Slick Rock damage. Looking forward to doing some camping. We like exploring the Sierras.
Hi, new to Overland Bound and excited to see what it is about. Experienced four wheeler, built a few rigs. Do not like breaking things on the trail. Stairs at Slick Rock damage. Looking forward to doing some camping. We like exploring the Sierras.

There is meet up in your area just starting;
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/central-california-monthly-meet-up/

Reactions: Spaceburger

Calvin Mount

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
calvin
Last Name
mount
Member #

Hello everyone I’m Calvin60EEE28C-8A25-4581-9F86-08401C6E4E04.jpeg

- Costa Mesa, Orange County CA
- ‘07 Subaru Forester LL Bean Edition
- novice experience with overlanding but many years experience with Jeeping
- I love going to national parks, looking for some new trails to go on that are near by for fun weekend trips.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all! New member to the forums and badge number 16005!

Working on getting my 02 T4R trail ready for spring. Lift is arriving today. I’m happy to be part of this group and proud to be a member. What Michael has going is great and I hope to be able to bring some quality content from Central Pennsylvania.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone I’m CalvinView attachment 79745

- Costa Mesa, Orange County CA
- ‘07 Subaru Forester LL Bean Edition
- novice experience with overlanding but many years experience with Jeeping
- I love going to national parks, looking for some new trails to go on that are near by for fun weekend trips.
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi - new here as well. Live in Staunton VA and work full time for the National Guard in a BDE HQ. I consider myself a Jeep girl (my project rig is a 1999 Cherokee) but upon the death of my minivan I purchase a 18 4Runner TRD so I’ve got that now too....and I’m looking forward to getting to know a little more about overlanding and getting to do some with my family. My kids (3 and 5) LOVE off-roading.

The TRD is a great Overland vehicle, there is lots of info on the forum that will help you with your build.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

I am a computer science teacher from Las Vegas. I grew up in the midwest and found a love for the outdoors but injuries and the tolls of life have put me in a position where I can no longer do the backpacking and camping I grew up on. I have found overlanding and fly fishing to be the answer to my need for the outdoors. I have recently bought a 2007 Xterra 2wd 6spd manual on a limited budget. I'm hoping that with a good set of tires and a rear locker I can get to the places that I've been wanting to explore.

Las Vegas has a new meet-up group that is working on setting up a reoccurring meet-up. Check it out if your interested.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/official-ob-las-vegas-thread.17713/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings everyone! New to the group and currently reside in Minnesota. Grew up in the Mid West and have lived in several locations, with MN being the longest going on 12 years! Current set up is 2000 Jeep TJ with a Smittybilt RTT mounted on an Explorer Space trailer. I have been exploring for many years and love the solitude and views that is provided with overlanding. Glad to be here and look forward to sharing and reading other's adventures, as well as tips and tricks. I'll post some pics later, later ya'll!!