Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How's it going Phillip from Minot ND

Rig: 94 Ford bronco xlt
Reason for joining was to become part of a larger community and discover new places
Experience: moderate
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
My name is Alex, I am an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Bragg NC. I love to drive off road and camp, so obviously overlanding has really peaked my interest.
I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner and love it (pics to come soon)
I am not super experienced, I have done alot of off-road driving usually in military vehicles in countries not as awesome as America
I am very excited to have joined this community and look forward to learning more about it.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not sure if I'm doing this right...first post.

Rig: 04 4runner 4x4

We love the outdoors and meeting new people!
Excited to be here in the OBC!View attachment 79439

There are several meet-ups and trips in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Trigger T4R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody,
My name is Sienna, I'm a newbie who got interested in Overlanding.
1)Norfolk,Virginia
2)Toyota Land Cruiser

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I´m Sebastian aka sebsch. I´m 24 years old and from a small village near Regensburg in Bavaria, Germany.
I came first into offroading at the age of 5, when I got my first Honda dirtbike, a small 50ccm one.
After growing fast I changes to more serous bikes. a 125ccm Yamaha Dirtbike, lovely 2 stroke!
Then things get dirty, I got a 125KTM LC2 for road use and a Kawasaki KX 250 2 Strocke for the dirt!
At the age of 17 I had three bikes for more offroad use than onroad.. The mighty 125 Ktm LC2 ( modified with a 170ccm cylinder and piston and much more stuff went on with the engine), second the old but gold Kawasaki KX 250, a nice beast at the dirt ( also modified for stunt use and to play around with) and the last one was a KTM 530 EXC-R which I build up a little different. I allways loved shiny and perfect made things, so I do a lot of custom carbon work on it and some more engine-modifications. At the end the KTM Beast was all over extremly tuned!

At the same time my family allways have offroad capable cars, for example Suzuki Vitara, Jimny(Modified) Chevy Suburban, Chevy Tahoe, as well 2 Nissan Terrano II etc.
But never a pickup/ truck, but I allways loved the look of them.
As a 18 year old teenager I want something else. So I first got an Alfa Romeo 147 with only 150 HP so not long after that I buyed my self a Audi TT Quattro with 224Hp and also start to modify cars. So little more hp there and other wheels and some suspension upgrades there, so at the end the Audi had around 280 hp and was fun to drive.
In 2014 my Audi began to suck, so I have the opportunity to get a Ford Ranger. Yeah my first truck!

So I went to the local Ford dealer and I got it!
And its since then my ride of choice!

It´s a 2013 Ford Ranger (PX) Wildtrack doublecap in frost white, with a 3.2liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel engine and manual transmission. At the time making 250hp and 530Nm torque.
And yes I modified some parts ;) but I´m not done with it, but money is as allways the problem number one!

List of modifications is toooo long for here.
But it´s lifted, bigger tires and lights and so on ;)

Feel free to ask!

PS: I also have a Polaris Sportsman 570 and a ´81 Vespa px 125 ( Yes, both modified, can´t live without it)

And I love to be outdoors ( who guess it ;) )
Job: Active Soldier since a few years as a Mountain Infantry Sergeant

EDIT: Pictures show the all day config, for traffle I mount a RTT and awnings etc.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or assistant ambassador can help.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey just joined this community. I got a 19 4runner OR and wanting to get into overlanding with my wife. Planning a trip to MOAB

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 79444 View attachment 79445
View attachment 79446

Hey guys glad to finally make it over to the forums. I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus lately with the truck but 2019 is a new year!

Living in Rhode Island, I’ve owned this Xterra since 2012 and have had an ‘02 before it. An avid wheeler, gear head, backpacker, snowboarder and sailor, I’m always doing something.

I don’t get out on the trail as much as I’d like, but always working on either my truck or a few local crew member’s rigs. Timing chains, suspension work, drawer systems or electrical, I’ve done it all and always willing to help out a fellow overland/off-roader.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all. New member here. My name is Tony (aka Booker). I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.
I'm new to overlanding but I've been camping and traveling all over the USA for several years, usually with all my gear strapped on my mountain bike. (bikepacking)
I have a 1999 Tacoma that my wife and I have started outfitting and we're really looking forward to getting out on the back roads of America.

I have a long list of things to do to this truck and I look forward to learning from the group.
View attachment 79447

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Not sure if I'm doing this right...first post.

Rig: 04 4runner 4x4

We love the outdoors and meeting new people!
Excited to be here in the OBC!View attachment 79439
Welcome to Overland Bound, yes you did it right!!! Make to check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet-ups!

Reactions: Trigger T4R

Traveler I

Strathmore, AB, Canada
First Name
Uriah
Last Name
Peltokangas
Hello everyone, my name is Uriah. We live in Strathmore Alberta Canada. My wife and me are new to overlanding although its been in our blood for sometime. We have a 2016 Jeep JK mostly stock with aftermarket bumper. We don't yet have a HAM but are still running a C.B. I am going to be building an overlanding kitchen/galley in the cargo area of the jeep soon ( will post pics ). Just getting started out but love it already.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Uriah. We live in Strathmore Alberta Canada. My wife and me are new to overlanding although its been in our blood for sometime. We have a 2016 Jeep JK mostly stock with aftermarket bumper. We don't yet have a HAM but are still running a C.B. I am going to be building an overlanding kitchen/galley in the cargo area of the jeep soon ( will post pics ). Just getting started out but love it already.

If your interested in gettin your ham lic, I have posted information for Canada on our Communications page.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. OB is a great community with wonderful people! My wife @Firemom and I are also fairly new. We were able to get involved a local Overland group and we’re enjoying every minute!

Get on the forums and find your local Overlanding groups and meet-ups, you won’t be sorry!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 79472
Hi Guys,
First Post and hoping to meet up with some San Diegans for some short trips.

Rig: 2004 lexus lx470
Experience: new to overlanding but moderate offroad

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Welcome, from next door in Arizona. That rainbow photo is awesome!
Thanks brien! That was at morro bay a few weeks ago. We go up there every year to volunteer for the "friends of morro bay" and k38 rescue harbor parade! Lucky to catch a quick double rainbow shot as the sun peaked through!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign