Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

Good Morning,

Capt. Seth Vernon hailing from coastal North Carolina near Wrightsville Beach. Land of the Long Leaf Pine and Venus Fly Traps we are surrounded by water and do a lot of recreating on area beaches; as a charter captain I'm on a boat more than I am driving my rig!

* 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro 4X with Old Man Emu Lift Kit, 255/85/16 Cooper Discover ST Tires, Winch and Bull Bar, Locking Rear Diff, Custom Rear Cargo Drawer, Hi Lift Jack, Riverquiver Fly Rod box on Roof Rack. This is my daily driver, tow mule for my boats, hunting and camping vehicle.
* I've experienced many of our national parks and wilderness areas from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the Everglades over the years camping, hunting, fishing all out of different off road vehicles over the years.

Happy to be a part of this community of adventure friendly folks who appreciate the great outdoors.
View attachment 70757

Last edited:

tenebs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Margy
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hi everyone.
Current Vehicle: 2004 4Runner SR5 4x4 also daily drive
Next Vehicle: possibly a 2018/19 Toyota Tacoma to turn into my next overlanding vehicle
Overland Experience: Advanced for shorter trips but no time with work for long extended excursions . Did spend 6 weeks camping in Namibia a few years ago.
Why Overlanding?: I like the outdoors and nature (biologist/photographer side of me). I enjoy camping and exploring back fire roads throughout the southwest and west to see where they go. I really enjoy building things and part of that is building and customizing (engineering side of me) my current 4Runner setup and I'm looking forward to a future Tacoma build.
Vermilion Cliffs_02Sep2018_006.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi everyone.
Next Vehicle: possibly a 2018/19 Toyota Tacoma to turn into my next overlanding vehicle
Overland Experience: Advanced for shorter trips but no time with work for long extended excursions . Did spend 6 weeks camping in Namibia a few years ago.
Why Overlanding?: I like the outdoors and nature (biologist/photographer side of me). I enjoy camping and exploring back fire roads throughout the southwest and west to see where they go. I really enjoy building things and part of that is building and customizing (engineering side of me) my current 4Runner setup and I'm looking forward to a future Tacoma build.
View attachment 70774
Welcome. It's good to see more 4Runner's in the threads. Look forward to your Tacoma build out.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone.
View attachment 70774
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

There is a meet up in your area.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/southern-arizona-overland-bound-rigs-and-coffee-meetup/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

HaulPaul

Rank I

Member I

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Z
Member #

Hi I'm Paul, A little late to the party though. Been hooked on Overlanding ever since watching some Lifestyle Overland on youtube!!
1) Staten Island, New York.
2) 2010 Honda Pilot.
3)I have no experience offroading, however many years of hiking, camping, etc. Did ~100 mile trek through New Mexico.

Also, I'm looking into getting a new/old car something I can use every day but also take offroading. Any and all suggestions would be great thanks!!

NOTYO TACO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Baird, Tx
Member #

Hey everybody, my name is Brian, 35. I am currently in the Austin Tx area for now I move a bit for work. I have been needing to find a group to get in with to actually make it out to some meets and learn as much as I can. My truck is a 2017 F-150 fx4 and I am decently on my way for getting it set up. I camp a decent amount but actually “overlanding”. I don’t have much experience. I look forward to getting started.
Welcome Brian! Good to see others from Texas. We are out by Abilene.

NOTYO TACO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Baird, Tx
Member #

Brownwood(central,) Texas
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro with 33's
Lots of offroading from enduros, atv's, rental jeeps to rock crawling a 69 ford bronco. Never have done the self sufficient overlanding before. Look forward to learning more about and getting out there.
Brent, glad to see others from the Texas area. We live near Baird. I am building a 2018 Tacoma Off Road.

Reactions: Mike P
Hi I am Allan from Southern California and I am new to Overlanding.
Rig: 2009 Honda Pilot 2wd - recently got 2 in. Readylift kit installed - next is wheels and tires
Experience: Rookie
I pretty much want to get into Overlanding and learn from all of you. I know my rig wont be able to do those crazy trails I just want to get out there and go on an adventure.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I am Allan from Southern California and I am new to Overlanding.
Rig: 2009 Honda Pilot 2wd - recently got 2 in. Readylift kit installed - next is wheels and tires
Experience: Rookie
I pretty much want to get into Overlanding and learn from all of you. I know my rig wont be able to do those crazy trails I just want to get out there and go on an adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Aeroscout

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Matt and I am originally from the northeast but currently living in Georgia. I've previously owned a couple of rigs built towards overlanding but currently I am in the process of my first real overland build. I have previously been a huge hiking/camping enthusiast but with my current location, day hikes and short trips are a little harder. The nearest hiking/camping areas are a 3+ hour drive so making my trips last a few days is a definite must for me now!

I'm currently in the process of building a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. Eventually I would like to upgrade to a fridge/freezer combo and an RTT but for now I've built a sleeping platform for the interior and food is kept in a cooler!

Rig: 2017, Jeep Wrangler JKU, Sahara. 3" lift and more durable K02 tires then come stock with the Sahara
Overlanding Experience Background: Beginner. Lots of off-roading mostly on motorcycle around Texas but now that I'm retired as of last year and in SoCal Ive sold all bikes and Ive used the Jeep for the last year to explore there area. Been visiting lots of trails around SoCal, camped a night here and there but no long overlanding trips. Sleeping in the back of the Jeep Ive found works well for me and I fit with the 6'4" of room with rear seats down. Now that Im retired I have all the time in the world, so hoping to perhaps hook up with a small group for some adventures.

20180928_122553.jpg

meach4x4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, Utah
Member #

Howdy!
I'm located in St. George Utah
My current vehicles are a 2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon (built for rock crawling and offroad trails) and a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (Setup for backcountry adventures and minimalist overlanding*.)
My "Overlanding" experience started when my father bought a new 1959 CJ6 Jeep, and we used it for fishing expeditions in the mountains of Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. Since then, it has been an evolution of many 4x4 Vehicles. My longest offroad excursions were from Cave Lake, CA to Walla Walla, Washington (the Oregon Back Country Route) in a 2000 Jeep Cherokee and last year we did a 1,200 mile trip wandering around the area of the 3 corners of Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming in a 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara.
* While I enjoy a properly equipped vehicle, I also appreciate being able to overland without carrying excess weight. My Liberty has enough room for all the camping gear I need to be very comfortable, and still maintains over 22 mpg on backcountry roads. Therefore, I have a comfortable cruising range of over 380 miles with the stock tank.
I'm looking forward to coming to some meetups, including the one here in my area planned for January at the Winter 4x4 Jamboree. See you all there! :) West Rim.jpg Liberty New.jpg 20170919_091850.jpg cherokeesm.JPG