Papillion, NE, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Busta
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4TOW
Hey, I have 6 months on a stock 2017 Tacoma but just put in the order for rock sliders. Very little experience overlanding but a decent amount time spent camping and with ATVs. Trying to expand my options in a family friendly manner. I am in Monterey, CA area and looking forward to a Mojave Road trip sometime this summer/fall.

SlopMad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Hello all!

I’m glad to be part of this great overlanding community.

I can't seem to post a picture due to 3rd party posting stuff....

I am in Gilbert, Arizona. I’ve resided in Arizona for most of my life (34 of 38 years), in in the “East Valley” the entire time. You can’t beat the state of Arizona for overlanding and generally getting off the beaten path: you have desert vistas that can’t be missed and, in the northern part of the state, you have towering evergreens and snow (in the winter).

Currently we have a 2014 Subaru Forester XT with 235/60 R17 Cooper Discoverer AT3’s that has done us very well on the mild roads we’ve taken so far. We have our eye on something a little bigger and that can take us a little further away from the asphalt (there are four of us: my wife, our son (11), our daughter (9) and myself).

Our overlanding experience is limited so it is safe to save we are novices to this. That’s one of the big reasons why I joined up with Overland Bound: I’m open and excited to learn from those of you with more experience and I’d love to tag along on some excursions (both day trips and camping trips).

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

SlopMad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Hello Everyone!

I am exploring getting into Overlanding...well I definitely want to do it, but it is a work in progress, early work :D

I am currently in North Georgia, but will likely move to the Tucson area next year and I'm super excited about doing some Overland trips in AZ, Utah, Colorado, etc. etc.

In the meantime I want to work on my rig and set up.

I want to keep the truck as stock and lightweight as possible with very few mods so I don't have to upgrade the suspension, and eventually just get a trailer.

Here's my 4runner
Nice rig!

Good luck with the move - you're going to enjoy the Southwest for overlanding!

Reactions: DacoRoman

SlopMad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Nice set-up JD45ACP!

She will go camping if we are within 2 minutes walk of the Shower House, but I would think the bathroom is her #1 (& #2.. lol) concern. We also have 6 kids, and the youngest 4 are all girls, so she does make a valid point. She definitely wants a shower with enough hot water to "hose off" daily. I just want to find a good alternative, short of buying a 28ft Bunkhouse Trailer! LOL

I grew up in Western PA, so I'm used to being out in the sticks. Some of my best memories are going to places only our bikes or a 4-wheeler could go. There's lots to show the family, even here on the East Coast.

I'll post a few more pics of our Rainy Day camp. (See the Shower House in the background... lol)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My wife would love a screened in room like that of our trips! :)

Reactions: maj21093

SlopMad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

37ryan72287

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Gatos
Member #

Hi, Everyone:

Just joined last night, though I have followed Overland Bound for a while.

Used to be outdoors quite a bit growing up, but life and family have been a priority. I have a 5 year old son who I want to introduce overlanding/camping to and am trying to find a way to reacquaint myself and the family to it. I figure Overland Bound is a great place to start.

I have a 2013 Tacoma TRD long bed. Lifted; wheels; tires; Truck Vault; and shell. I have a new front bumper and winch on order that hopefully will be installed mid-April. Not too handy with tools but willing to learn. I am a total novice when it comes to overlanding and do not know where to go locally (Northern California). My truck suits my personal life, though my professional life is lived in a suit.

Looking forward to reading, learning, and experiencing whatever is to come.

maj21093

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

My wife would love a screened in room like that of our trips! :)
It's an actual EZ-UP with a screenroom accessory, so it's very heavy duty.... and very heavy! I've had it for at least 15 years and use it quite a bit. I also have 3 full sides for it, which really helps in bad weather.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ASRussell

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Monroeville, PA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Hello everybody.... I am fairly new to overlanding but not to 4 wheeling

Rig: 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

jazzworth

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corrales, NM
Member #

Hello, new to the forum, but have a good deal of overlanding experience in Land Cruisers (FJ40s, FZJ80s, UZJ100), but I have recently changed platforms and I am starting a new build fro overlanding and search and rescue.
I am in the Albuquerque, NM area.
2016 RAM 2500 Diesel Long Bed.
Building up the custom modular rack to hold overlanding gear and dog enclosure.
suspension and wheel/tire mods coming soon as well as lockers.
Thanks for having me!
20180401_074939.jpg 20180401_160149.jpg

Last edited:

Joel S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8OJK
Hey All! Glad to be here!

I recently just ended an overlanding/job life in the sierra nevadas. I lived in my 2005 Honda Pilot and bummed around the mountains for about 3.5 months, and sold it before making a move to Detroit. I work with jeeps now, so it looks like I have a new project ahead
Rig - currently between rigs
Location - Detroit, MI
Experience - not enough to be middle of the ground, but I think more than a complete novice.

Also - Currently working on my Ham radio license!

Cheers!

Reactions: Kent R and maj21093

CraftyDono

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ridgefield, WA, USA
Member #

Good afternoon! This is my first post and new membership to the Overland Bound Community!
My name is Donovan but I can go by my usertag CraftyDono or Crafty.
1. Picture is inserted995BB673-17F7-426C-A15E-5C53240D1793.jpeg
2. Location is Portland metropolitan area (Vancouver, WA)
3. Rig 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road with KDSS
4. Overlanding experience are minimal. Off-roading for a few years and camping the lifetime. Military experience included.
I am really interested in this new adventure!

JimInBC

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Hi all, My name is Jim.
1) Just finished a bunch of work and need to get a new photo.
2) Southern Tip of Vancouver Island BC, Canada
3) 97 Jeep XJ, mostly stock but renewed steering and suspension.
4) Novice overlander to the overland part. Avid back country paddling and hiking

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Hi all, My name is Jim.
1) Just finished a bunch of work and need to get a new photo.
2) Southern Tip of Vancouver Island BC, Canada
3) 97 Jeep XJ, mostly stock but renewed steering and suspension.
4) Novice overlander to the overland part. Avid back country paddling and hiking
Welcome aboard Jim!

Sent from my SM-T377R4 using OB Talk mobile app