Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me to join up with you all :)

A quick question: What form of communication do you all prefer for phone app and Social Media access?

I am Retired and just sick of my stagnant life. Time to build a fire under my bottom and seek out some adventure. I never have like the flat land, but much prefer places less accessible. Where a bit of a challenge with a certain amount of risk might be involved. The black stripped ribbon of straight hiway puts me to sleep and that just isn't what I call adventure. I want to get up in the hills and do a little prospecting for gems and precious metals, more of a hobby than a get rich scheme :)

My last rig was purely a flatlander and since it blew up I now have many options open. I currently have a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with the 5.9 intercooled turbo diesel, 5-speed and 4x4. But it needs lots of work like a complete engine rebuild and new clutch. I have it listed For Sale as is and am trying to get the funds together for a 1999 Toyota 4Runner Highlander with 5-speed and rear E-Locker. I found one and just selling a few older projects to make enough to close that deal.

Glad to be part of such an amazing group, let me know if I can be of service :)
Large Shop near Hugo, OK 74743
Welcome! Look forward to seeing your 4Runner!

Sent from my Z965 using OB Talk mobile app

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Trev here is Manitoba. Just waiting for my OB gear to arrive in the mail. Signed up last week. Can’t wait for the summer to hit up some lakes in Ontario and Northern Manitoba. Anyone drive up to the Yukon yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome Trev!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey all!

My name is Nick, my dad is a Toyota Master Tech. so I’ve been surrounded around vehicles my whole life.
Rig: 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Overlanding: Novice, I have always loved camping and exploring outdoors especially in the cascades as a kid. I’m excited to see where overlanding takes me!
Welcome to OB Nick!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi, Nelly Byrd. Doncaster, UK. Land Rover, 46 countries in 974 days. About to set off again but this time for good. We're off to West Africa and then who knows where after that. Wanted to drive to Thailand but waiting for the new permit situation to settle. Been all over the USA also. Was in almost every state at some point in 2013 and 2014 in my old 110 with 300,000 miles on it. This one is a bit newer.

Picture taken in Morocco on the recent shakedown.
Yes i'm sponsored a little by #BFGoodrich #Goodproject

Welcome to OB Nelly! Best of luck and safe travels in Wesr Africa! Keep the wheels on the ground and share some pics!

flatlander69

Rank 0

Traveler I

Experience: Novice (Noob)
Vehicle: 01 Wrangler TJ (First time Jeeper)

Just bought a right hand drive TJ a few months ago. Slowly but surely getting it geared up to head to the mountains and begin something new...Overlanding. The wife thinks I am nuts, but at almost 50yrs. old, I need to get away. Have always enjoyed hiking, camping, and exploring.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Experience: Novice (Noob)
Vehicle: 01 Wrangler TJ (First time Jeeper)

Just bought a right hand drive TJ a few months ago. Slowly but surely getting it geared up to head to the mountains and begin something new...Overlanding. The wife thinks I am nuts, but at almost 50yrs. old, I need to get away. Have always enjoyed hiking, camping, and exploring.
Hi Flatlander69 and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

MuasVentures

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Germantown Maryland
Member #

My name is Mike

1) Germantown, MD
2) 2010 Nissan Armada: so far mini 2" lift and Falcon AT3 tires.
3) I am noob to off roading/overlanding, but looking forward to building up my Nissan Armada. But, loves the outdoor: camping, fishing,...etc. Looking to meeting everyone and tapping into the vast resources here from vehicle upgrades to gears...

Last edited:

YoteMan

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Apple Valley, CA
Member #

0C2F28B3-4918-4962-847C-C84072DA1053.jpeg New guy checkin in just got my membership. Well to start I’ve been into the outdoors for many years. I’ve always went hunting, off-roading, fishing, and camping as long as I can remember. Recently I have been intrigued by overlanding ever since I went on a search for a RTT for mainly hunting. I’ve had a Toyota rock crawler, several XJ’s, and a few Toyota 4x4’s. At the age of 45 I bought my first brand new vehicle ever a 2017 Tacoma Off Road and this is the vehicle I’m planing to outfit for my adventures. So far I have a RTT still in the box lol and today I ordered my bed rack to mount it on.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

My name is Mike

1) Germantown, MD
2) 2010 Nissan Armada: so far mini 2" lift and Falcon AT3 tires.
3) I am noob to off roading/overlanding, but looking forward to building up my Nissan Armada. But, loves the outdoor: camping, fishing,...etc. Looking to meeting everyone and tapping into the vast resources here from vehicle upgrades to gears...
Hi Mike and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 46913 New guy checkin in just got my membership. Well to start I’ve been into the outdoors for many years. I’ve always went hunting, off-roading, fishing, and camping as long as I can remember. Recently I have been intrigued by overlanding ever since I went on a search for a RTT for mainly hunting. I’ve had a Toyota rock crawler, several XJ’s, and a few Toyota 4x4’s. At the age of 45 I bought my first brand new vehicle ever a 2017 Tacoma Off Road and this is the vehicle I’m planing to outfit for my adventures. So far I have a RTT still in the box lol and today I ordered my bed rack to mount it on.
Hi YoteMan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: YoteMan

Vandrar271

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

VA
First Name
T
Last Name
W
Member #

Hi all, Travis here from the northern tip of VA, but I work all over the place. I run a mostly stock 2010 FJ Cruiser with an ARB roof rack (gold!) and a homemade drawer set in back. Have gotten stuck a few times at work, but am generally easy to get out.

As far as experience goes, I guess my first real experience with overland-type travel was overseas in an FJ76.... that thing was sweet, and I drove it through mud, sand, bad roads, and a very questionable bridge or two. I get out and play in the mountains every so often, but nothing too serious, since I’ve been working a lot since I got the FJ Cruiser last spring. Have taken it out to Corolla, NC for my daughter’s birthday last summer, and that was a blast!

Anyway, it’s meant to be an adventure wagon to support my mountain biking/trail running/camping habits, so I’ll be getting after it some more at the end of February.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi all, Travis here from the northern tip of VA, but I work all over the place. I run a mostly stock 2010 FJ Cruiser with an ARB roof rack (gold!) and a homemade drawer set in back. Have gotten stuck a few times at work, but am generally easy to get out.

As far as experience goes, I guess my first real experience with overland-type travel was overseas in an FJ76.... that thing was sweet, and I drove it through mud, sand, bad roads, and a very questionable bridge or two. I get out and play in the mountains every so often, but nothing too serious, since I’ve been working a lot since I got the FJ Cruiser last spring. Have taken it out to Corolla, NC for my daughter’s birthday last summer, and that was a blast!

Anyway, it’s meant to be an adventure wagon to support my mountain biking/trail running/camping habits, so I’ll be getting after it some more at the end of February.
Hi Travis and welcome to OB! Nice looking FJ! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

Hi Travis and welcome to OB

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Dayle Fields

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Poland, Indiana
Member #

View attachment 46913 New guy checkin in just got my membership. Well to start I’ve been into the outdoors for many years. I’ve always went hunting, off-roading, fishing, and camping as long as I can remember. Recently I have been intrigued by overlanding ever since I went on a search for a RTT for mainly hunting. I’ve had a Toyota rock crawler, several XJ’s, and a few Toyota 4x4’s. At the age of 45 I bought my first brand new vehicle ever a 2017 Tacoma Off Road and this is the vehicle I’m planing to outfit for my adventures. So far I have a RTT still in the box lol and today I ordered my bed rack to mount it on.
Hi YoteMan and welcome to OB!

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: YoteMan

305 XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Statesville,NC
Member #

Hi, I'm Alex I live in Statesville NC. I moved here 2yrs ago from Miami FL, I have been off roading in South Florida for several years. My experience is different from what I see here. I'm used to swamps lots of mud and alot of flat trail's. (Everything is very flat!) I'm new to the overland scene and can't wait to get out there and enjoy nature!