Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Danavision

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ventura, CA
Member #

Hi I'm Dan from Ventura California. I just bought my 2018 Chevy Colorado a month ago and because I'm a novice I took an Off Road Training Class this past weekend and am hooked. I've owned a Jeep Wrangler, 2 Chevy Suburbans, and a GMC Sierra, but this past weekend I've done more with a 4X4 than all of the other trucks put together. I look forward to many days on the trail.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi I'm Dan from Ventura California. I just bought my 2018 Chevy Colorado a month ago and because I'm a novice I took an Off Road Training Class this past weekend and am hooked. I've owned a Jeep Wrangler, 2 Chevy Suburbans, and a GMC Sierra, but this past weekend I've done more with a 4X4 than all of the other trucks put together. I look forward to many days on the trail.
Hi Dan and welcome to OB! Nice looking Colorado! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

rltennal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hi Ray and welcome to OB! I'm glad to have encouraged you to be part of the OB crew! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks Jake. I hope to run across you this summer. I'm in the early stages of planing a trip from Washington State down to California, then over to Northern Arizona (have to visit my home town of Flag (Flagstaff) then up to Moab, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Looking to be a two and half weeks starting June 22, through July 9. As for the Ranger, its being pass down to my second oldest son and I'm breaking in a 2000 Jeep Wrangler.

Here she is: before

Currently

@caperoverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Grimshaw Alberta Canada
Member #

How she going? I’m Izaak Hudson, hailing from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada and living in northern Alberta. I’m running a ‘07 fj cruiser as seen in my profile pic. (Original owner) I’ve have been off-roading for along time and in the last couple years have been more focused on overlanding. Thanks for having me. Cheers.

brian0128

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Burnie, Maryland
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ogle
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner / 2017 Subaru Outback
Previous Vehicles: 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 2012 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Overland Experience: Moderate
Why Overlanding?: I like the outdoors, love traveling and seeing new places.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2018 Toyota 4Runner / 2017 Subaru Outback
Previous Vehicles: 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 2012 Toyota Tacoma, 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Overland Experience: Moderate
Why Overlanding?: I like the outdoors, love traveling and seeing new places.
Hi Brian and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: brian0128

Lost in Texas

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lubbock, Texas
Member #

Queen NM.jpg Been on another board for a long time and just stumbled on Overland Bound. What a great group of people and excellent articles. Love the openness of what "Overlanding" means with this group. I don't plan on trekking across Africa or Peru but love the back roads and trails of America and can't wait to learn more from you all. Our family of 5 (plug dog) spends 25+ days every year on back road adventures and I could not be more proud of the memories we have made.

Basecamp: Lubbock Texas
Our rig: mildly improved 2005 Z71 Suburban
Experience: Been outdoors my whole life

Vman1313 Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Maysville, GA, USA
First Name
Vman1313
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Hello, Im Tony (aka Vman1313 Adventures).

1) This is Rizzy:
20171229_104802.jpg
2) Buford, Georgia
3) 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland w/ 5.7l Hemi (WK2)
4) Overlanding Experience: Novice

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 45164 Been on another board for a long time and just stumbled on Overland Bound. What a great group of people and excellent articles. Love the openness of what "Overlanding" means with this group. I don't plan on trekking across Africa or Peru but love the back roads and trails of America and can't wait to learn more from you all. Our family of 5 (plug dog) spends 25+ days every year on back road adventures and I could not be more proud of the memories we have made.

Basecamp: Lubbock Texas
Our rig: mildly improved 2005 Z71 Suburban
Experience: Been outdoors my whole life
Hi LostinTexax and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Contributor III

Vehicle: 95 Tacoma, 2.7 4x4
Experience: Novice
I am currently building an aluminum popup camper for my truck to travel and work out of. Trying to be outside as much as possible!
Image-1 (4).jpg I76A6423.jpg I76A6471.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
6F6A5BFA-AC38-4B61-A005-0F9987F5F9B6.jpeg 8132BC9F-8D1E-4D4E-B6FA-B345317ABEFB.jpeg New member, located in northeast Wisconsin. I drive a 99 Chevy Silverado, stock with a cap. My wife drives a 2010 Subaru Outback, with a hard top rack for camping trips. We camp and explore in both depending on what/where we are headed. The Chevy pulls an old pop up sometimes too. Not a lot of off road experience, but we’ve been car camping for 5 years or so. Planning our first overland trip in late May, early June.

mt5642

Rank I

Contributor III

Pasadena
Hello everybody! Im Tim. Currently live in Pasadena, CA almost 3 years. Im originally from Russia and all my off road experience mostly based on the mud and snow driving. California's roads is very different but very specific and interesting. I try to visit as often as possible in various interesting places where it is difficult to get on regular cars.
I drive fj cruiser with 3" lift 285/70/17 xtreme at.
IMG_0641.jpg

My last off road rig was LandRover Defender 2004 Diesel. Best expedition car ever.
977892_10201528631476352_1597457121_o.jpg

HattZ

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

redmond, wa
Member #

ALCOM,

I answer to HattZ (hats). I just bought a Hemi 06 Jeep commander, not ideal for tons of easy modification, but I think she will be a good platform to build on and learn with.
Over the next year or so I plan on setting up good coms, upgrading to better bumpers with a good winch, maybe throw a roof rack / tent on it, ideally a lift substantial enough so I can run 33s. I'm limited by the current place I live in, because it's an apartment and parking height is limited.

I've got a 95 E150 that I love and have taken off road a number of times. Absolutely not the best vehicle for it, but I love that van. She has 276k+ miles on her and has carried me faithfully for the last decade plus. She makes a great road tripper and can run just about any forest road but she's getting old.

My Lady has an 08 Wrangler X with a 2in lift, she's not extremely excited about taking her jeep off road for fear of damaging it. But I'm sure if we go on a few good adventures she will want to join in her own jeep.

Main reason I'm here is to meet local people to learn about great local trails and the best ways to get my Jeep into capable and dependable condition to explore with.

thanks, hope this wasn't too long

Pic: Red, Charlie, and my Lady's Jeep (might attach full size pic somehow?)
IMG_20180117_183443.jpg