Traveler I

Bend, Or
Member #

Reactions: Chadlyb

bobby bushae

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
hey guys and gals new to overlanding but already hooked. names robert im from san jose california but , here in northern arizona for a few months i just grabbed a 97 mitsubishi montero sport and loving it
pics coming soon :)

Reactions: Chadlyb and skully

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

hey guys and gals new to overlanding but already hooked. names robert im from san jose california but , here in northern arizona for a few months i just grabbed a 97 mitsubishi montero sport and loving it
pics coming soon :)
Hello Robert and welcome to the OB crew...looking forward to seeing your build and adventures

jerb

Rank II

Enthusiast I

hey all, I've been stalking the forum a bit since September but tonight I decided to to say hello officially.

Rig: '14 Forester XT
Experience: I've gone on a number of fire roads that I probably shouldn't have while getting to trailheads.. :)

I am generally into getting into the woods and the rivers of the outdoors, mostly via backpacking, packrafting and I'm working on ski touring this year. I'm trying to deck my FXT out to get me to these places but I'm starting out as a total mechanical noob so it's going slow. So far I've installed skid plates, built a sleep system in the back and ordered a lift kit. Lots to do still as I'm just starting out but I'm excited about the community.

I've seen a couple OB vehicles around (noticed the stickers), one decked out Outback in San Mateo and a newish 4Runner in SF with its OB stickers on it. I'd love to eventually meet up with you guys and try some easy-ish offroading to develop my driving skills so that I can get out into the woods safely.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

hey all, I've been stalking the forum a bit since September but tonight I decided to to say hello officially.

Experience: I've gone on a number of fire roads that I probably shouldn't have while getting to trailheads.. :)

I am generally into getting into the woods and the rivers of the outdoors, mostly via backpacking, packrafting and I'm working on ski touring this year. I'm trying to deck my FXT out to get me to these places but I'm starting out as a total mechanical noob so it's going slow. So far I've installed skid plates, built a sleep system in the back and ordered a lift kit. Lots to do still as I'm just starting out but I'm excited about the community.

I've seen a couple OB vehicles around (noticed the stickers), one decked out Outback in San Mateo and a newish 4Runner in SF with its OB stickers on it. I'd love to eventually meet up with you guys and try some easy-ish offroading to develop my driving skills so that I can get out into the woods safely.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew..look forward to seeing your adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi jerb and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Dich Rixon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Salem, MA
Member #

Hello everyone!!

New to the forum. Super excited I found this place.

1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
I'm located in Saugus, CA. (Santa Clarita)
I've been wheeling for years, but just got into a true overland type setup last year. Was way more into trails like the Rubicon and Dusy, and now I enjoy spending more time with the kids exploring than just breaking stuff on my rig.

Have a great one!
Same page here man. I’m right in Salem. If your looking for a second family friendly rig to go with let me know! Nice rig!

Reactions: Chadlyb and T-88

furpod

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Welp.. it goes like this.. when I was a kid, we did tons of back country camping and rambling in the high sierras in my dad's IH Travelall.. Wife and I have camped, mountain biked and back packed together for +35 years. Went with a small camper a decade ago, and could drag it to a lot of cool spots, base camp from there.. Last year we traded up to a much larger rig, as we prepare to retire fully and travel for longer periods. BUT.. literally, within a few months of going big.. we realized we still wanted to do the back country stuff we used to do.. so.. learning about expedition trailers ensued, and that lead us to learn of "overlanding".. So, here we are. Our current rig is having it's capabilities boosted regularly.. But we will probably look for a dedicated, and smaller trail rig in the future.

Last edited: