Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi, I have been following the overland videos on youtube, and really enjoy them. My interest in overloading has grown over the years, and I believe it will compliment my love of backpacking in the great outdoors. I live in the bay area, and love trekking in the Sierras. I currently have a '09 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, and have never overlanded it. It's not suitable for any hard core overloading, but it gets me to the trailhead. The plan is to convert the sub into a Taco. I look forward to meeting up with and sharing some brews with overloading pros in the near future.
Welcome to OB neighbor. Sierra Nevadas FTW! Get some pictures up for us.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone!

I'm a new member from NW Arkansas.

I just recently found out about this site and forum from another member, Ohio Steve.

My wife and I are very big into road tripping around the country. We do several trips each year ranging from weekend ramblings to multi week epic road trips. We don't typically camp when we road trip, as we've gotten older we find the comfort of a hotel bed hard to pass up. We've been thinking about doing a weekend trip where we camped just to see if we still have it in us.

I just purchased a new 2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited that I'm in the slow process of turning into the ultimate road tripping vehicle. I will probably do a "build" thread on it here.

Anyway, glad to be here, hoping I can learn a lot and maybe share some ideas.
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your build thread. One of the great things you will find about this forum is the support regardless of a persons chosen mode of transportation. 4Runners are awesome, so it should serve you well. I've been seeing some off roading down in Arkansas on another forum. One of these days I'm going to make the trip down there from Iowa.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Jordan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey everyone! Jordan here from Western, KY. I originally found this site on instagram, when i started looking at the forums I was amazed! Holy crap there are people actually active on here! Most of the Subaru boards have become ghost towns in the last few years. A big part of why i wanted to join, other than jut checking out peoples rigs, is to see where people go and how they find places to go.
I currently have a 2004 Subaru Forester, only had it a month. Once my 02 WRX sells im getting a set of 65 series Grabbers, 1" strut spacers and a roof basket.
This is Subaru number 5 for me, im kind of an addict. My all time favorite vehicle ive owned though might just have been my 96' 4Runner, such a great suv. It was amazing until i got careless and ran it into a hole and had 2" of water in the cabin, never did get that smell out, it was sadly totaled out by a deer at 70mph.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hey everyone! Jordan here from Western, KY. I originally found this site on instagram, when i started looking at the forums I was amazed! Holy crap there are people actually active on here! Most of the Subaru boards have become ghost towns in the last few years. A big part of why i wanted to join, other than jut checking out peoples rigs, is to see where people go and how they find places to go.
I currently have a 2004 Subaru Forester, only had it a month. Once my 02 WRX sells im getting a set of 65 series Grabbers, 1" strut spacers and a roof basket.
This is Subaru number 5 for me, im kind of an addict. My all time favorite vehicle ive owned though might just have been my 96' 4Runner, such a great suv. It was amazing until i got careless and ran it into a hole and had 2" of water in the cabin, never did get that smell out, it was sadly totaled out by a deer at 70mph.
Were glad to have you. Welcome to OB and hopefully you get another T4R in the future!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome. This forum is growing every day. You'll meet a lot of great people on here.

Reactions: Jordan

Jordan

Rank 0

Contributor I

Welcome to the forum. Just spent a week traveling around and wheeling KY last month, it was great.
What places did you go to? So far we have never really ventured out of our local area. There is a sandy beach along the Indiana side of the Ohio and on the KY side behind Newburgh Dam that we often frequent and camp/swim at, during the summer it will be an almost every weekend thing if the weather is nice.
My daughter is also 15 months old now and im pretty darn certain thats old enough to try our first family camping trip on the river. A group of us also just got kayaks, so we are trying to look into road trips this summer maybe to southern Missouri for a few days.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Once my 02 WRX sells
Oh, I like this guy! @Jordan, I just sold my 2002 Bugeye WRX Wagon that I bought new. I sure miss that car! I also have a 2008 OBXT 5MT that I bought new; a rare bird with the turbo and manual tranny. One was low and quick (prepped for auto-X), and the other a very capable traveller.

(Yea, yea, I know you guys have seen this photo a bunch of times. It's my favorite...)

What Subaru forums are you on? I'm smorris on clubWRX and SubaruOuthback.org There;s the Offload Subarus Facebook group that's sorta active, and a couple otherFacebook groups.
Welcome aboard!

ecco

Rank 0

Traveler I

What's up everyone. I heard about OB from @Byron Eby last year, and finally decided to join up. I moved out to CA in 2014 and bought myself a '99 4runner back in October in the hopes of exploring as much of the West Coast as I can. The runner needed a lot of maintenance so I've been slowly taking care of that. Now that it's mostly done, I can start planning on some overlanding mods. First up is a lift, but I can't decide on what kind of lift and imagine I won't make a decision until it's time to buy.

Looking forward to being part of the community here!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
What's up everyone. I heard about OB from @Byron Eby last year, and finally decided to join up. I moved out to CA in 2014 and bought myself a '99 4runner back in October in the hopes of exploring as much of the West Coast as I can. The runner needed a lot of maintenance so I've been slowly taking care of that. Now that it's mostly done, I can start planning on some overlanding mods. First up is a lift, but I can't decide on what kind of lift and imagine I won't make a decision until it's time to buy.

Looking forward to being part of the community here!
Welcome to the forum.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

What places did you go to? So far we have never really ventured out of our local area. There is a sandy beach along the Indiana side of the Ohio and on the KY side behind Newburgh Dam that we often frequent and camp/swim at, during the summer it will be an almost every weekend thing if the weather is nice.
My daughter is also 15 months old now and im pretty darn certain thats old enough to try our first family camping trip on the river. A group of us also just got kayaks, so we are trying to look into road trips this summer maybe to southern Missouri for a few days.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Sounds like a nice place to spend weekend. We started out at Dirty Turtle near Bedford, then hit the trails around Slade and finished up at Black Mountain in Harlan. Was a great trip and actually got a little bit of snow the last couple of days. Not much but for a group from FL it was a lot more than we normally see.

Reactions: Jordan

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Ohio, 1997 Chevy Tahoe, stock except for the Magna Flow exhaust, Novice.
Welcome! Where in Ohio? I'm west of Cleveland, and we have a couple other members scattered across the state. Take a peek in the regional threads and check into the Ohio one.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking for awhile so I thought I'd be neighborly and introduce myself. My name is Carlo, and i live in Penticton BC (in the South Okanagan Valley). We are situated about an hour north of the US border on Hwy #97. The South Okanagan is the dryest and warmest area of Canada, our winters are very mild and summer temps regularly go over 100*F. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else to be honest...though I've always had a strange urge to travel. The Wife and I had toured by motorbike for about a decade now, and love to get the travel trailer out camping. The Oregon Coast is our favorite travel trailer style of camping area, hands down.....nothing really seems to compare to it. This new avenue of adventure, the adventure overland experience has gotten us quite excited. We adopted a deaf pooch 2 years ago, and a puppy 4 months ago now, so our motorcycle touring seems to be behind us for awhile. We were sitting around trying to figure out how to experience what is out there, with our furry family....and i mentioned this "overland thing" to my wife. "Overland?" she said "Whats' that?". So we sat down and found ourselves binge watching Expedition Overland for a week. If my Wife was on the fence before, well.....a big think you to those guys as she is fully on board now. "Maxtrax", we really need Maxtrax" she stated right away (and who am I to argue?)

But I digress, I drive a 2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road. I call her Miss X and I've posted in the Rig thread of her ongoing evolution. I've never been one to latch onto names, or fit between the lines. So to me, this overland experience that we are about to embark on will encompass everything from overnight runs up to hidden fishing lakes, days spent exploring the old local mining history, weekends of travel down the thin blue dotted FSR lines in my backcountry mapbook, to multi-week adventures such as the one we are looking forward to this summer (a two week trip to Colorado to meet up with friends)

I'll shut up now as I've obviously been babbling on for awhile. I look forward to gleaning a ton of useful information on this forum, it looks like a place where a guy who always wants to know whats down that dusty old road can call home.

cheers,
Carlo.