Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whitewater, Wisconsin
Member #

Hi! New member here.
OB #8661
Rig: 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Experience: Not a lot with overlanding- I have been hiking, backpacking, camping my whole life, so naturally overlanding was then next step in my life
. IMG_6864.JPG

Reactions: Chadlyb

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Welcome to OB ashleyroscoe! I also have a 2000 TH but until it's out of the shop I've been using my 2017 F150. We have a group of overlanders who have been getting together and are planning a trip on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail in early December. Here is our Google+ link. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116490378533961557585

Reactions: trailspinTV

ashleyroscoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Whitewater, Wisconsin
Member #

Welcome to OB ashleyroscoe! I also have a 2000 TH but until it's out of the shop I've been using my 2017 F150. We have a group of overlanders who have been getting together and are planning a trip on the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail in early December. Here is our Google+ link. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116490378533961557585
Thanks- Ill keep an eye out. Funny you are from R.M.- I'm originally from A.H./P.H. area.

Reactions: Overland USA

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hey OB family, this is Brandon with my first post. My first vehicle ever was an 88 Jeep Cherokee and I've been a Jeep fanboy ever since. I have been wanting a Wangler Unlimited pretty much since the first one hit the pavement, and finally bought a 2010 JKU Sport a couple of months ago. Like a lot of new Jeep owners, I hit the internet and started watching all the Youtube channels I could. I already knew I wanted to take this thing off road as it's meant to be, but thought of myself as more of an explorer rather than a "rock crawler" and ultimately became obsessed with binge watching the "iamjake" channel. (shoutout to @Jake Wettern | iamjake for all of the inspiration one could ask for)

Fast forward a few months, I'm now avidly watching all kinds of overlanding videos and following the channels, and decided I'm going to take the Trans-American Trail from the east coast to the west coast and am giving myself 6 weeks to do it so I can properly document, film, and write about the trip. I just received my Overland Bound emblem and am excited member #8207 officially today.

Will be a budget build mostly, and so far I've only upgraded the front bumper which will support the winch I'm buying this week. Repairs so far have included exhaust, front and rear brakes, CV joint, and front axle U Joints. So far I've added a heavy duty recovery-style front bumper and will be ordering a winch this week. Planned mods are roof rack, rear bumper and tire carrier, 2.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires, dual battery system, and armor.

Will be looking to start day 1 of the trip in May, and will spend some extra time in Colorado to hit trails that aren't part of the TAT. I'm happy to have the support of an awesome community, and while I'm a bit of an introvert, I expect to be involved in the forums here and overlanding events leading up to my journey.
Welcome to OB Jeep Fan boy! You're an awesome dude and we're looking forward to more adventures with you and Roscoe! Post pics of Roscoe!

Reactions: trailspinTV

LostCoastViking

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mckinleyville, CA
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders!

Rigs : 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport and 1986 Dodge PowerRam W150

Overlanding level : Experienced

I've lurked OB for a long time and finally was able to afford to join. Today is the first chance I have had to register and join the forum.

I lived in the Northern California almost my whole life. I currently live just north of Eureka out in Humboldt county, and have been here just over 6 years.

I have a couple rigs for different kinds of Overlanding. My Subaru is my primary right now is outfitted with Primitive Racing heavy duty skid plates and a cheapo roof rack. I'm planning on adding off road lights and doing a lift soon to fit bigger off road tires. My Dodge W150 is a work in progress. It has a 4" Skyjacker lift and 33"tires. Its awaiting some rust repair and new driveshafts before I feel it would be dependable offroad. It was destined for the graveyard but I saved it by putting a new(used) engine in it and spending lots of time and effort rebuilding bits and pieces making it trustworthy and dependable. It's almost ready to become dedicated overlanding.

I would say I am pretty experienced off road. I grew up off grid on a dirt road that was pretty much a trail so learning to four wheel was part of daily life. Being off grid we had to rely on ourselves and helping dad keep the cars and tractors running gave me the skills to be a mechanic. I worked as a Land Rover technician for about 7 years and was part of the Off Road events that teach customers how to get the most out of the car they bought. I've also been a technician and worked at Porsche and Chrysler Jeep and Dodge. I joke my life savings is in precious metal, aka Snap-On tools. :tearsofjoy: So anyone who has read this far, feel free to hit me up and I am looking forward to be a part of the OB community!

Nick OB#8078
subaru3.jpg dodge1.jpg
Subaru1.jpg

Traveler I

Good Morning All!

I'm leaving my 9 year career in the Marines in the next two weeks and I'm highly considering converting my truck to an overland style vehicle and taking a bunch of gear and dog and traveling the U.S. until I run out of cash or get bored.

I plan to look for dispersed camping sites in the National Parks/Forests and also friends from service all over the country. Also sleeping in the bed of the truck after converting it to a sleeping/storage area.

Looking for tips on what to do with the truck, parts, etc.

Looking at, camper top, building a sleeping storage area for the bed, new front and rear bumpers to support spare tire/hi-lift jack/jerry cans, and anything else anyone recommends.

Rig: 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd with 6" Lift and 35's.BlackedOutSilverado.jpg

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hello fellow Overlanders!

Rigs : 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport and 1986 Dodge PowerRam W150

Overlanding level : Experienced

I've lurked OB for a long time and finally was able to afford to join. Today is the first chance I have had to register and join the forum.

I lived in the Northern California almost my whole life. I currently live just north of Eureka out in Humboldt county, and have been here just over 6 years.

I have a couple rigs for different kinds of Overlanding. My Subaru is my primary right now is outfitted with Primitive Racing heavy duty skid plates and a cheapo roof rack. I'm planning on adding off road lights and doing a lift soon to fit bigger off road tires. My Dodge W150 is a work in progress. It has a 4" Skyjacker lift and 33"tires. Its awaiting some rust repair and new driveshafts before I feel it would be dependable offroad. It was destined for the graveyard but I saved it by putting a new(used) engine in it and spending lots of time and effort rebuilding bits and pieces making it trustworthy and dependable. It's almost ready to become dedicated overlanding.

I would say I am pretty experienced off road. I grew up off grid on a dirt road that was pretty much a trail so learning to four wheel was part of daily life. Being off grid we had to rely on ourselves and helping dad keep the cars and tractors running gave me the skills to be a mechanic. I worked as a Land Rover technician for about 7 years and was part of the Off Road events that teach customers how to get the most out of the car they bought. I've also been a technician and worked at Porsche and Chrysler Jeep and Dodge. I joke my life savings is in precious metal, aka Snap-On tools. :tearsofjoy: So anyone who has read this far, feel free to hit me up and I am looking forward to be a part of the OB community!

Nick OB#8078
View attachment 39571 View attachment 39572
View attachment 39570
Welcome to OB! I love the Power Wagon!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Good Morning All!

I'm leaving my 9 year career in the Marines in the next two weeks and I'm highly considering converting my truck to an overland style vehicle and taking a bunch of gear and dog and traveling the U.S. until I run out of cash or get bored.

I plan to look for dispersed camping sites in the National Parks/Forests and also friends from service all over the country. Also sleeping in the bed of the truck after converting it to a sleeping/storage area.

Looking at, camper top, building a sleeping storage area for the bed, new front and rear bumpers to support spare tire/hi-lift jack/jerry cans, and anything else anyone recommends.

Rig: 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd with 6" Lift and 35's.View attachment 39573
Welcome to OB Marine! It's always good to have another veteran on board. I just spoke to a guy about building a low rack for a roof top tent over the bed of my F150 so I don't lose the storage in my bed. Something to think about.

Reactions: BlackedOutSilverado

Traveler I

Welcome to OB Marine! It's always good to have another veteran on board. I just spoke to a guy about building a low rack for a roof top tent over the bed of my F150 so I don't lose the storage in my bed. Something to think about.
Yeah for sure! Thanks!

I was thinking of building a storage type cutout to follow the shape of the bed. Have drawers that pull out over the tailgate for storage and then still sleep on the of that.

Reactions: Overland USA

Stephen Johnson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cleveland, GA
Member #

Hello all! New to the forum. Been Overlanding most of my life in some form or fashion! Glad to be here.

Rig: 2002 Tacoma (Pictures to follow) I have had the truck for 15+ years. Just now really outfitting it the way I want!

Reactions: Chadlyb

LostCoastViking

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mckinleyville, CA
Member #

Good Morning All!

Rig: 2016 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab 4wd with 6" Lift and 35's.View attachment 39573
Welcome to OB. Nice looking truck and co-pilot! Looks like you are well on your way for overlanding. I think the level of mods you should add, will reflect how rugged you want to get off road. Bumpers and sliders are a good way to start. I started with a stock truck and carried just a shovel, axe, tow strap and basic car camping stuff to get a feel for they places I wanted to go. It's easy to get carried away and spend thousands of dollars on mods that look cool but are not absolutely necessary. There is lots of great info on the Overland Bound youtube channel. I suggest watching a few walkaround videos for inspiration :sunglasses: