Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey Everyone!
Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road premium
Overlanding Experience Background: NOVICE

Just recently got my rig and super excited to dive into the overlanding community. Never done overlanding before but my love for the outdoors and adventures convinced it is a necessity. Looking forward to future upgrades, meeting with other lovers of nature, and most importantly, go on adventures.
Hi Rob and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Aric Jennings

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mar Vista, California
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi All
Rig: 2016 LR4
Experience: Just getting into it!

Glad to join the group

Attachments

Reactions: Chadlyb and DanR

Four Leaf Overlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hello everyone my name is Shawn.

Current Vehicle: 2016 4Runner Trail Stock
Overland Experience: Novice (hoping to get some advice on some nice beginner trails in the VA or Mid-Atlantic area)

My wife and I have always enjoyed camping, traveling and exploring new places. I also enjoy fly fishing and nature photography so Overlanding seems like a great place to bring it all together.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Overland Experience: Novice (hoping to get some advice on some nice beginner trails in the VA or Mid-Atlantic area)

My wife and I have always enjoyed camping, traveling and exploring new places. I also enjoy fly fishing and nature photography so Overlanding seems like a great place to bring it all together.
Hi Shawn and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey Everyone!
Rig: 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road premium
Overlanding Experience Background: NOVICE

Just recently got my rig and super excited to dive into the overlanding community. Never done overlanding before but my love for the outdoors and adventures convinced it is a necessity. Looking forward to future upgrades, meeting with other lovers of nature, and most importantly, go on adventures.
Hello Rob and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Trd Toy..look forward to seeing your adventures

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Shawn and welcome to the OB crew...glad to add another Toy...and love to fish myself..look forward to seeing your adventures

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello from Boulder, CO
So looking forward to taking my long-time passion for "Car Camping" to the next level. Super interested in getting in on some extended Overland trips.
Happy to connect with you all!
Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey everyone, wanted to introduce myself. Name is Matt, active duty Air Force currently stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa, Japan. Will be returning stateside in May '18 to most likely Oklahoma City, but hoping the assignment Gods smile on me and send me to Colorado Springs.

Just sold a '92 Land Cruiser 70 HZJ73 and took delivery of the current ride that I'll bring home in May. Its a May 1993 HDJ81. 157k km, 1HDT Turbo Diesel. No lockers, but it'll do.

Zero overlanding experience but look forward to branching out around OKC in all directions, baselining the rig, and meeting new people!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

View attachment 37677 Hey, everybody

My name is Jim, from Cave Creek, AZ just north of Phoenix.
I drive a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

I retired a few months ago and bought the truck and started exploring the back country. I didn't even know that what I was doing had a name until I started watching overlanding videos on YouTube.

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

hello all from Southern Idaho

My name is Steve, I am a family guy with 4 boys and 1 little girl. I have doomed them all to a life of landcruisers. They all have pictures of the cruisers they want in their rooms and I am really gonna work on getting the Pink FJ40 for the little girl in 6 or 7 years. Right now we have a '96 FZJ80 and '90 Fj62. They are kinda rough but we take care of the stuff that keeps em going. I am also a scoutmaster and these rigs get us to and from all our monthly adventures. I quote one of the boys from our trip last weekend "why go to an amusement park when you could just do this" .

anyway, I'm looking forward to all I can learn here and getting to know the crowd.View attachment 37685 View attachment 37686

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hey, what's up guys! This is super cool. Excited to be here! Just became a member. #8159

Name: Matt
Rig: Xterra
I have been overlanding since I could drive, just didn't have a name for it.
Hello Matt, and welcome from Albuquerque!