Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Bert aka Bud member #7876. I'm from San Jose, CA. My rig is a blue 2004 Toyota 4runner v8 Limited. Bought it about a year ago and have been working in on it since. I'm new to overlanding, but my partner and I have a lot of experience off-raoding, camping hiking, dirt biking, etc. now just merging all that we love in to one.

View attachment 36383
Hi Bud and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello to all. My name is Seth. Originally I am from central Alabama but my family and I live in Copperas Cove, TX currently. My rig is a 2017 4Runner TRD PRO. Overlanding is new to me but like most on here the outdoors and adventure is a staple in my life.View attachment 36386
Hi Seth and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi All!

New member here from Eastern PA (Lehigh Valley). I've been binging the videos on YouTube and really enjoying this community. So let me get into some details :-)

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
I'm starting over! I just landed in a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Excited to create my rig and get it out there in the world.
View attachment 36420

2) Location (General area is fine)

Like I said, I'm in the Lehigh Valley of PA and I love to drive. So I'd be interested in any meets to get involved with the community.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

Pic above of my current set-up, but I've previously built and used a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X. Was a great vehicle for me, but had to trade it out for reasons i won't get into. I missed the capability and ability to overland, so I'm back! Here's some pics of the Xterra.

View attachment 36421
View attachment 36422
View attachment 36423

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

I would consider myself "somewhat" experienced, but still a lot to learn!

Looking forward to learning from you all and living this ADV life!
Hi, and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello everyone, my name is Bert aka Bud member #7876. I'm from San Jose, CA. My rig is a blue 2004 Toyota 4runner v8 Limited. Bought it about a year ago and have been working in on it since. I'm new to overlanding, but my partner and I have a lot of experience off-raoding, camping hiking, dirt biking, etc. now just merging all that we love in to one.

View attachment 36383
Hello Bud from Southern California and welcome to OB! Nice rig...good choice in a project vehicle. See ya out on the trails brother!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hello to all. My name is Seth. Originally I am from central Alabama but my family and I live in Copperas Cove, TX currently. My rig is a 2017 4Runner TRD PRO. Overlanding is new to me but like most on here the outdoors and adventure is a staple in my life.View attachment 36386
Hello Seth from Southern California and welcome to OB! You have come to the right place for adventure...see ya out on the trails Brother!!!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Hi All!

New member here from Eastern PA (Lehigh Valley). I've been binging the videos on YouTube and really enjoying this community. So let me get into some details :-)

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
I'm starting over! I just landed in a new 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad. Excited to create my rig and get it out there in the world.
View attachment 36420

2) Location (General area is fine)

Like I said, I'm in the Lehigh Valley of PA and I love to drive. So I'd be interested in any meets to get involved with the community.

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)

Pic above of my current set-up, but I've previously built and used a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X. Was a great vehicle for me, but had to trade it out for reasons i won't get into. I missed the capability and ability to overland, so I'm back! Here's some pics of the Xterra.

View attachment 36421
View attachment 36422
View attachment 36423

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

I would consider myself "somewhat" experienced, but still a lot to learn!

Looking forward to learning from you all and living this ADV life!
Hello You Me ADV from Southern California and welcome to OB! Nice choice in rigs and you experiences overlanding will be beneficial to the group. See ya out on the trails!

Reactions: John D.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

Welcome and glad to see another Durango fan on here. To bad the after market is dwindling for these vehicles but don't let that stop you. It will still take you places.
I too liked the Durango but didn't they only make the new ones two wheel drive?

Elsewhere

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

College Station, TX
Member #

Greetings! New Member in College Station, TX!
I’m waiting on my badge and member number and can’t wait to meet up with anyone out my way; I’m ready for some OB action!
I drive a 2014 Xterra Pro-4X and have some moderate off road experience but just getting into Overlanding. I love the outdoors and anything I can do to make it easier and more accessible to enjoy, I’m interested in learning and applying.

Attachments

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings! New Member in College Station, TX!
I’m waiting on my badge and member number and can’t wait to meet up with anyone out my way; I’m ready for some OB action!
I drive a 2014 Xterra Pro-4X and have some moderate off road experience but just getting into Overlanding. I love the outdoors and anything I can do to make it easier and more accessible to enjoy, I’m interested in learning and applying.
Hi Elsewhere and welcome to OB! Nice looking Xterra! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

AIRBORNE MEDIC

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North West England, UK
Member #

Hi Guys,

New to the group and just got my number but will have to wait a few days for badge etc from the US.

Location: Small village in the North West of England although originally from Scotland : )
Rig: 2012 land Rover Discovery 4
Experience: I guess seasoned lol. Spent 23 years in the military and been driving off road rigs for probably about 35 years. "ALWAYS" looking to increase my knowledge so looking forward to reading the threads and picking up tips to make life easier : )

Kenny
(Airborne Medic)

DSC_0050 (2017_05_21 14_09_14 UTC).JPG DSC_0269.JPG

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Guys,

New to the group and just got my number but will have to wait a few days for badge etc from the US.

Location: Small village in the North West of England although originally from Scotland : )
Experience: I guess seasoned lol. Spent 23 years in the military and been driving off road rigs for probably about 35 years. "ALWAYS" looking to increase my knowledge so looking forward to reading the threads and picking up tips to make life easier : )

Kenny
(Airborne Medic)

View attachment 36438 View attachment 36439
Hi Kenny and welcome to OB! Nice looking LR! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Eugene_RUS

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Hi Guys,

Kenny
(Airborne Medic)

View attachment 36438 View attachment 36439
Hey Kenny!
Welcome to the community!

Ahha another Scot in the region, thats good then :grinning:

All the best
Kev