Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Greetings overlanders. New member and new to overlanding here. A little about me:

Name: Thane
Rig: 2013 Jeep 2 dr - basic mods including 3" lift, 35" tires. Looking to the overland community for pointers on building this Jeep out properly. Next up - rear bumper / tire carrier and installing my Barricade roof rack.
Experience: Very little... driving 15+ hours on family road trips and casual rides on local dirt roads throughout my life.

Looking to get more involved and get more technical.
Hi Thane and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: RenoF150

Medic_387

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chester New York
Member #

Hey everyone,

New to the Overland community! My family and I are finally in the place to start investing in our rig to get out deeper into the great outdoors. I am starting the work on my rig this week, I have a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0. Wasn't my first choice but I really have come to love it. Wheels and tires are in tomorrow (9/15) and getting dropped off at the suspension shop on Friday for brakes, lift kit, 4x4 service, and exhaust (maybe). I will post before and after pictures when it's all done.

The name probably gives it away but i am paramedic in NY. My company is currently establishing a wilderness search and rescue team. This is going to give me the opportunity to utilize my rig on a regular basis. I am hoping to gain some tips and tricks from you guys and gals. I am no stranger to the outdoors, but up until now it has been hiking and camping.

Really looking forward to becoming active in the community!

-Jeff

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone,

New to the Overland community! My family and I are finally in the place to start investing in our rig to get out deeper into the great outdoors. I am starting the work on my rig this week, I have a 2010 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0. Wasn't my first choice but I really have come to love it. Wheels and tires are in tomorrow (9/15) and getting dropped off at the suspension shop on Friday for brakes, lift kit, 4x4 service, and exhaust (maybe). I will post before and after pictures when it's all done.

The name probably gives it away but i am paramedic in NY. My company is currently establishing a wilderness search and rescue team. This is going to give me the opportunity to utilize my rig on a regular basis. I am hoping to gain some tips and tricks from you guys and gals. I am no stranger to the outdoors, but up until now it has been hiking and camping.

Really looking forward to becoming active in the community!

-Jeff
Hi Jeff and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

BLF

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Texas
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Franke
Member #

iphone pics 6-23 029.JPG iphone pics 6-23 030.JPG Hello everyone. I am Brian from South Texas. We're about halfway in between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. I have been camping and an outdoorsman my whole life.
We have 2 rigs.
2005 3/4 ton suburban with a 6" lift, 35s, front replacement, rear replacement/tire carrier, rooftop rack, etc.

2017 RAM Power Wagon

Attachments

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 34829 View attachment 34830 Hello everyone. I am Brian from South Texas. We're about halfway in between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. I have been camping and an outdoorsman my whole life.
We have 2 rigs.
2005 3/4 ton suburban with a 6" lift, 35s, front replacement, rear replacement/tire carrier, rooftop rack, etc.

2017 RAM Power Wagon
Hi Brian and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: BLF

yodalives

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hey everyone, new here...
Vehicle 1: '96 FZJ80, ARB Front, 4x4Labs rear, OME 2.5, Warn M8k, York OBA, CDL, dual Northstar group 31's, etc...
Vehicle 2: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500, 3/4 ton, 6.0, 4x4.
Vehicle 3: '17 Subaru Forester. Very impressed with this little cars capability.
Overlanding Experience: Moderate... Lots of camping, exploring, and mild off-roading. Building the FZJ80 to do some more serious wheeling.

Glad to see such a vibrant community.
Tony

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone, new here...
Vehicle 1: '96 FZJ80, ARB Front, 4x4Labs rear, OME 2.5, Warn M8k, York OBA, CDL, dual Northstar group 31's, etc...
Vehicle 2: '02 Chevy Suburban 2500, 3/4 ton, 6.0, 4x4.
Vehicle 3: '17 Subaru Forester. Very impressed with this little cars capability.
Overlanding Experience: Moderate... Lots of camping, exploring, and mild off-roading. Building the FZJ80 to do some more serious wheeling.

Glad to see such a vibrant community.
Tony
Hi Tony and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Luis V

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Los Angeles
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Villegas
Member #

Hi my name is Luis I live in Los Angeles, I love my city but I also love the great outdoors me and my wife love disconnecting from the world in our 2012 trail teams edition FJ cruiser I like to consider my self an experience outdoors man I've been doing it for a while now , I would go out with my 1991 Toyota pick up but now that the family is growing we needed something a little bigger thus the FJ

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Mike G and RenoF150

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi my name is Luis I live in Los Angeles, I love my city but I also love the great outdoors me and my wife love disconnecting from the world in our 2012 trail teams edition FJ cruiser I like to consider my self an experience outdoors man I've been doing it for a while now , I would go out with my 1991 Toyota pick up but now that the family is growing we needed something a little bigger thus the FJ

Hi Luis and welcome to OB! Nice looking rigs! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Luis V

chimay

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Central MS
Member #

Name: Ian
Rig: 2016 4Runner SR5. Got OME front heavies and medium rears with 5100s, SSO front bumper and a Comeup DV-9 winch. Came as the "TForce" edition, I've removed the steps and front decorative skid (obviously). Just took the roof rack off and have a 3/4 prinsu sitting in the garage to put on.
Experience: Novice. I mostly run around on county/forest roads. Do a little light "off roading" (so far once a year). This is my first 4x4 etc., so really only been at this for a year. Have done car camping, state parks that sort of thing before.

Will start a thread with more info and pictures later. Haven't taken any pictures other than garage pics since all the work, will dig a few out though.

Noticed I've been seeing a lot of OB members on youtube etc., so thought I'd come by and see what this is all about. Will probably go into lurker mode for a while, but thought I'd check in while I was poking around.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Name: Ian
Rig: 2016 4Runner SR5. Got OME front heavies and medium rears with 5100s, SSO front bumper and a Comeup DV-9 winch. Came as the "TForce" edition, I've removed the steps and front decorative skid (obviously). Just took the roof rack off and have a 3/4 prinsu sitting in the garage to put on.
Experience: Novice. I mostly run around on county/forest roads. Do a little light "off roading" (so far once a year). This is my first 4x4 etc., so really only been at this for a year. Have done car camping, state parks that sort of thing before.

Will start a thread with more info and pictures later. Haven't taken any pictures other than garage pics since all the work, will dig a few out though.

Noticed I've been seeing a lot of OB members on youtube etc., so thought I'd come by and see what this is all about. Will probably go into lurker mode for a while, but thought I'd check in while I was poking around.
Hey Ian and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH

Welcome from the Inland Empire...making memories with the family is important these days. Nice rigs you have. Hope to see you out there brother!

Reactions: Luis V

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
W
Greetings overlanders. New member and new to overlanding here. A little about me:

Name: Thane
Rig: 2013 Jeep 2 dr - basic mods including 3" lift, 35" tires. Looking to the overland community for pointers on building this Jeep out properly. Next up - rear bumper / tire carrier and installing my Barricade roof rack.
Experience: Very little... driving 15+ hours on family road trips and casual rides on local dirt roads throughout my life.

Looking to get more involved and get more technical.
Welcome from SoCal! I think overlanding is like river-rafting...the longer you wait to jump in the father up stream you will be. You will find this group of like minded individuals to be extremely helpful in getting you where you want to be in your exploration journey. See ya out there someday brother!

Batmango66

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana 930, New Haven, IN, USA
First Name
Tye
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Name: Tye
Rig: 2006 4Runner
Been involved with Boy Scouts for a number of years and now that my son is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout, I am looking for new avenues for the fam to get outdoors and enjoy "roughing" it...

Reactions: Mike G

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Been involved with Boy Scouts for a number of years and now that my son is nearing completion of his Eagle Scout, I am looking for new avenues for the fam to get outdoors and enjoy "roughing" it...
Welcome Tye! You have joined the right group in finding those new adventures. The OB community is exploding and there is a wealth of info being posted daily. Hope to see you out there someday!

Reactions: Batmango66

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Tye and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!