• HTML tutorial

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,

1. Kelowna, BC, Canada (expat Kiwi, living here for 4 years)
2 . No rig......yet, piloted a 1993 diesel surf and then a 2000 diesel surf back in NZ
3. Definitely a novice, few beach trips sleeping in back of truck and one ski trip colder than I thought it was going to be!!

Hoping to get into a rig mid 2018, but here to learn from others mistakes and pick up a few tips

Cheers
Rich.
Hello Rich and welcome to OB! You'll find lots of good tip and more here! Safe travels and enjoy those open road!

Makrinos001

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pittsburgh, PA
Member #

Hi my name is Anthony
I am located in Pittsburgh, PA
My rig is a 2011 Jeep JK
I have a completely restored 60's M416 trailer that I modified to make camping easier (extended tounge, tool box, bedlined, new axle with matching lug pattern and tracking path, 33" tires, etc)
I'm brand new to over landing, but I off-road about 5 times a year and camp with my wife and 2 girls (3 & 6) roughly 4 times a year.
I'm looking to outfit my rig/trailer to make rustic/wild camping more comfortable for my family.

IMG_20170910_110558540.jpg IMG_20170907_195017977.jpg IMG_20170910_123930199_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Mark Bouliane

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi my name is Anthony
I am located in Pittsburgh, PA
My rig is a 2011 Jeep JK
I have a completely restored 60's M416 trailer that I modified to make camping easier (extended tounge, tool box, bedlined, new axle with matching lug pattern and tracking path, 33" tires, etc)
I'm brand new to over landing, but I off-road about 5 times a year and camp with my wife and 2 girls (3 & 6) roughly 4 times a year.
I'm looking to outfit my rig/trailer to make rustic/wild camping more comfortable for my family.

View attachment 34395 View attachment 34396 View attachment 34397
Hey Anthony and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep and trailer! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Makrinos001

Mark Tran

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Western Slope, Colorado
Member #

IMG_8074.JPG Hello everyone!
I'm Mark, current living and enjoying Western Slope Area, Colorado.
I'm new to overland, still looking forward to build my 17 Tundra for weekend get away.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

First post for me....
Rig: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, QDII, 5.7 Hemi
Experience: Varied...Rock crawled in Tellico and Uwharrie, convoyed and overnighted all over the world care of the U.S. Army
Hey John, and welcome to OB! Nice Jeep! Thank you for your service man - safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: John Waters

McKingfish

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clovis, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
King
Member #

Hello All!

Current Vehicle: 2015 JKU Sahara & 2007 BMW 1200GS
Previous Vehicle: 2010 JKU Sahara & 2003 BMW F650GS
Overland Experience: Novice

My Dad and I have been backpacking and overlanding since I was a kid and we both are still out there adventuring as much as life will allow us. I recently found Overland Bound and am very much looking forward to learning from what this community has to offer and joining in on some group expeditions.

20161015_165031.jpg 20160905_132433.jpg

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello All!

Current Vehicle: 2015 JKU Sahara & 2007 BMW 1200GS
Previous Vehicle: 2010 JKU Sahara & 2003 BMW F650GS
Overland Experience: Novice

My Dad and I have been backpacking and overlanding since I was a kid and we both are still out there adventuring as much as life will allow us. I recently found Overland Bound and am very much looking forward to learning from what this community has to offer and joining in on some group expeditions.

View attachment 34417 View attachment 34418
Hello McKingfish and welcome to OB! Nice Jeep and Bike! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Mark Bouliane

SasquatchRunner

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ca
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Chris and my wheeling club is SASQUATCH KRAWLERS.

Located in Southern California

My rigs are:

91 Toyota Pickup, on 35s with 529s, dual cases with 4.7 gears in the rear case, locked front and rear, has sleeping quarters in the bed and currently needs a new 22re.(380k on the stock block.)

92 4runner on 39" KR2s(will soon be 39.5 IROKS) auto tranny for now, dual cases waiting. Warn 8k winch on front and Warn 9.5 Powerplant winch that i need to somehow mount to the rear. This rig is becoming my camping rig.

Novice overlander, though as an Eagle Scout I've done a fair amount of backpacking and hiking. With me always is my Fiance and my two dogs, a Cane Corso and an Amstaff. We are always looking to explore further.

Attachments

Reactions: Beee

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Chris and my wheeling club is SASQUATCH KRAWLERS.

Located in Southern California

My rigs are:

91 Toyota Pickup, on 35s with 529s, dual cases with 4.7 gears in the rear case, locked front and rear, has sleeping quarters in the bed and currently needs a new 22re.(380k on the stock block.)

92 4runner on 39" KR2s(will soon be 39.5 IROKS) auto tranny for now, dual cases waiting. Warn 8k winch on front and Warn 9.5 Powerplant winch that i need to somehow mount to the rear. This rig is becoming my camping rig.

Novice overlander, though as an Eagle Scout I've done a fair amount of backpacking and hiking. With me always is my Fiance and my two dogs, a Cane Corso and an Amstaff. We are always looking to explore further.
Hey Chris and welcome to OB! Nice rigs man! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

TruckNorris

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
Hi All! I didn't know that I wanted to be in the Overland category when I bought my Jeep but my entire life is one big BUGOUT Bag so this makes sense! Loving it and can't wait to ensure my Ride is good to go!

Gary Eidsmoe

Rank II

Contributor III

Sisters, OR.
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Eidsmoe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VAE
Hello, I'm Gary and just received my number this afternoon. Very excited.
I own a 2012 FJ Cruiser fit for overlanding.
Pretty much a novice offroader. Nothing like the Rubicon.
I just moved to Sisters, OR . from San Diego so I have plenty of forest roads practically outside my front door. Also have traveled some of the Backcountry Discovery Routes.