First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi! My name is Alicia and I’m living in Mesa, Arizona and part time in Rocky Point, MX. I’m not new to being a member but just got a new 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL 4x4 and really didn’t do much before with my Jeep Renegade.

I’m excited to get out and have some fun. Have been adding mods already and tires was one of my firsts still am working on a lift, any advice where without breaking the bank would be amazing!

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the OB crew!!!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello there,

View attachment 253750
1) Here is a picture of my rig.
2) Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3) Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I won't say I'm an experienced overlander, but I'm not a novice either. I have traveled all over Saudi Arabia and some Gulf countries in the last few years. Desert Exploration is my life and specialty. I love going where no one can go in the desert.
By the way, I speak Arabic as well as English. So Arab people, you can contact me in Arabic if you like.
Welcome to OB!!!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello from near Denver, CO. Lots of desert camping as a kid, Coast Guard, Kodiak, San Diego, WA south Fl (1980''s). Rig is a 2020 4Runner, C4 Lowpro front with a super winch, full skid plate, plenty of light, Cold Air Intake and Magnum exhaust for a little more air at altitude. Thanks for being here, plenty for me to learn here.
Welcome to OB!!!

tsunamilogan05

Rank VII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Clarkesville, GA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey. I'm Trent. From Arkansas, US "The Natural State"! Im a US Army veteran and work for the city doing networking and communication for traffic systems. So going outdoors is big for me. Have had a few 4x4 rigs. Currently building an SF5 '01 Subaru Forrester for light to medium trails. Mostly building this rig as my "outdoors" rigs. (Carrying my kayaks, camping gear, climbing gear, etc). I have plans to build a 2nd gen Taco as a full-blown overland rig. I remember seeing OB when it was in its infancy. But finally decided to go for it. Getting my membership once I the subie is back together (trans and motor are torn to pieces)
Welcome to OB Trent!

KindaOffroad

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vallejo, California, United States
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Lacson
Hi, Alex here from Vallejo, CA. I drive an 05 Land Rover LR3. Lots of traveling around the world as a kid and have been overlanding for a couple of years now. Still outfitting the rig with mostly DIY stuff and exploring the west coast. I have my wife and 3 young kids with me. Mountain biking, SUP and hiking with the kiddos seem to be most of the activities that take up our time. Long time fan of OB and hope to continue to reach out to this community.
1680133632710.jpeg

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi, Alex here from Vallejo, CA. I drive an 05 Land Rover LR3. Lots of traveling around the world as a kid and have been overlanding for a couple of years now. Still outfitting the rig with mostly DIY stuff and exploring the west coast. I have my wife and 3 young kids with me. Mountain biking, SUP and hiking with the kiddos seem to be most of the activities that take up our time. Long time fan of OB and hope to continue to reach out to this community.
View attachment 253873
Welcome to Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
View attachment 253873
Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

View attachment 253873
Hallo Alex
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

View attachment 253873
Hi Alex, thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Overland Bound from Concord CA!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
View attachment 253873
Hi Alex,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That´s a great LR3 or Disco3 as we say over here. Enjoy.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Fat-Tire

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Elgin, Cook County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRYJ626
View attachment 253873
Welcome to the OB community from Illinois.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
View attachment 253873
Welcome Alex,

Nice Disco!

Rick - Germany

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
View attachment 253873
Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound!

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Napa, Napa County, California, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
View attachment 253873
Hey Alex, Welcome to Overland Bound! Great to meet you.

akibathedoc

Rank II

Contributor III

Huntersville, NC, USA
First Name
Akiba
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey guys.

I’d like to introduce myself to the group.

I’m a novice to Overlanding and just completed a build out on my Audi Q7 TDI.

I live in the Lake Norman area near Charlotte and have a number of trails and a couple local Overlanding groups to get up with but am excited to be here as well.

I couldn’t me more happy with the outcome. Eurowise Performance in Charlotte, NC did a fantastic job for me.

❇Custom blacked out honeycomb grill
❇3” lift kit from Eurowise
❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇Falken Wildpeak 265/65r18 AT3
❇Eurowise roof rack with 38” light bar and custom Trigger 4 wireless control
❇DPF delete, AGR delete, ECU tune
❇new transmission Mount

Attachments

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey guys.

I live in the Lake Norman area near Charlotte and have a number of trails and a couple local Overlanding groups to get up with but am excited to be here as well.

I couldn’t me more happy with the outcome. Eurowise Performance in Charlotte, NC did a fantastic job for me.

❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇new transmission Mount
Hey Akiba, thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome to Overland Bound from Northern California!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hey guys.

❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇new transmission Mount
Hallo Akiba
Welcome to OBO
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey guys.

❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇new transmission Mount
Hello Akita, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys.

❇Rotiform STL 18s
❇new transmission Mount
Hi Akiba,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Thank you for the introduction.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern