Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all. I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Overland scene. Just picked up a 2023 4Runner SR5 after trading in our 2022 Subaru Outback. We had hoped to keep the Outback but after my wife and I really took some time to reflect on how much we would like to explore the outdoors with our two toddlers, we figured the capabilities and towing capacity (ie. future Camper Trailer?) would fit the bill for us. I reside in Austin after moving here from DC back in 2022.

For us, we see just how important getting outside is for not just our kids, but also for us as well. There's no better benefit than being in nature, am I right?
Greetings Anthony, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all. I'm new to this forum as well as new to the Overland scene. Just picked up a 2023 4Runner SR5 after trading in our 2022 Subaru Outback. We had hoped to keep the Outback but after my wife and I really took some time to reflect on how much we would like to explore the outdoors with our two toddlers, we figured the capabilities and towing capacity (ie. future Camper Trailer?) would fit the bill for us. I reside in Austin after moving here from DC back in 2022.

For us, we see just how important getting outside is for not just our kids, but also for us as well. There's no better benefit than being in nature, am I right?
Hello Anthony, welcome to Overland Bound. Yes, you are correct about being out in the nature.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey Anthony, welcome to Overland Bound and also to overlanding!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Anthony
Welcome to O
Greetings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Greeting everyone! I'm from the Shenandoah Valley area in Virginia.
I've been interested in overlanding for a long time now. My experience has been driving to campsites or backpacking so this is all new so far. I've never had a vehicle I could really take into the mountains until 2 days ago. Finally got the car I've been wanting for many years. I bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Onyx edition. The wilderness was just a bit too expensive haha. But seeing what some people are doing with even just stock Outbacks has impressed me. This will be the daily/family car in addition to going out off-roading with the kid (the wife is definitely not an outdoor person). I'm excited to meet everyone here and learn all I can.
Welcome to OB, Bobby

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Hey everyone. I live in the Central Florida area and I'm new to overlanding. I've been watching hundreds of YouTube videos about it, and really want to get into it.

I recently bought a new 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness. It feels like it could be a good middle ground between needing an everyday driver, and something that can get me places a normal 2WD couldn't. Certainly not a super off roader, but maybe I'll save that for the future when I have more experience.

Anyway, I'd love to learn more about places to go, things to do, especially in and around Florida. I love camping, but am finding it really hard to book official campgrounds, everything is always booked, so, i'm guessing overlanding might be able to help me and my son get outdoors more without the limitation of a specific campground site reservation.

Any and all advice / help / guidance is welcome.

Take Care!
Welcome Dee to OB. Great idea to include your son in your new explorations.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Hey all. New to the forum. Currently searching for a 4Runner Trd Off-road to get into some overlanding. Have lots of experience hiking and camping, but with a 2 year old I will be doing more overlanding. Located on the Gulf Coast.
Welcome Patrick to OB. Check out the Alabama member thread. Maybe we can explore some Alabama back roads.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers.
I’m a new member amazed by the resources available here.
A lifelong outdoor enthusiast, I’m just beginning to explore the beauty of remote regions of the world.
I drive a personalized, ever evolving 2002 4Runner for my adventures.
US Dept. of Interior lands, National Parks, Forests, BLM is where I explore and find adventures.
James, that moose image is beautiful.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Greetings to all the thrill-seekers out there!

I'm Marcus, and I am passionate about overlanding. I embark on exciting journeys through the breathtaking landscapes of New Zealand.

Let me introduce you to my 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 79.

View attachment 251841

My place of residence is Christchurch, a city situated in the South Island of New Zealand.

Most of my travels are concentrated within the South Island (God's country), but I do take occasional trips to the other lot (the north) :)

My experience with 4wd and off-road vehicles extends throughout my entire life.

I am excited to be a member of this community and see how the states does things.
Nice rig!