Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Rig: 2003 F250
Experience: None. Looking to get my family out there so we can have some adventures as well. My son calls it BFT (Big Freaking Truck)
Steven, Welcome to Overland Bound from Washington State. Always great to see folks with the full size rigs.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Experience: None. Looking to get my family out there so we can have some adventures as well. My son calls it BFT (Big Freaking Truck)
Welcome to Overland Bound
This page might give you some inspiration; Full Sized Rigs
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Steven (@Steven_f8c821 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas.

You are right up the road from us. The closest meetup for you is the one we attend for North Central Texas in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet. Next meet is in just over a week on Feb 4. Hope to see you there.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

luckyduck2

Rank 0

Contributor II

Cambridge, MD, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Thomas
Im a new member. Bubba my wife aand I had traveled 5 years fulltime adventure around the USA. Couple years ago bought a place in Cambridge maryland. Last 2 years we wintered in Florida. Last fall our rv was totalled bye insurance company after hurricane. We are now starting to look for a overlander trailer, leaning towards a turtleback.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Im a new member. Bubba my wife aand I had traveled 5 years fulltime adventure around the USA. Couple years ago bought a place in Cambridge maryland. Last 2 years we wintered in Florida. Last fall our rv was totalled bye insurance company after hurricane. We are now starting to look for a overlander trailer, leaning towards a turtleback.
Hello Charles, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Charles
Welcome to OBO
Greatings from Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome Charles! Sorry to hear about the RV. Good luck with the search for a new vehicle - I‘m sure you’ll find something soon.

Best regards,
Rick

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Welcome from Ohio. Hope to see you on the trails...!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound Bubba
Good luck with your tailer search, @Waltzing Matilda JT is very knowledgable about Turtlebacks and might be able to send you in the right direction.
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Waltzing Matilda JT

Rank V
Investor

Endurance I

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Daharsh
Member #

I have owned a Turtleback for the last 2 1/2 years. Feel free to reach out. I can answer most questions regarding them or get you connected with the right person. I absolutely love my Expedition and have no regrets. In regards to trailer communities and a USA company there are none better.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Charles, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Charles and welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all

Arizona

2006 sequoia w/ ironman lift

Glad to be on here to learn and experience some new spots.
Hello Dustin

Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started

U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Trip Planning

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67

Map - Overland Boun

Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all

Arizona

2006 sequoia w/ ironman lift

Glad to be on here to learn and experience some new spots.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
A great local contact is our AZ Member Rep @freak4life
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Trail Ranger

Rank III

Traveler III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Norm
Last Name
Kuppe
Member #

Hello everyone, Live in Mesa AZ,
My interest in overlanding started in 2018, watched and read a lot of information,
Took my a while to think this through, before I got started,
I felt it was important to know exactly what my version of overlanding would look like.
I am in no way rich enough to be spending money hand over fist,
So I really do not want to climb over rocks that over a 12-16 , I will domild/ low water crossing, 4 season, , three days to a week at a time, Simple ,minimumlest (?).
I planning at some point going to explore the country east to west, north to south, Canada ,
I wanted a vehicle that is comfortable, as most likely 80% Pavement/20 dirt.
Went for a ride on dire and pavement in a Jeep, (sorry mean no disrespect) Rattled to much for me.
I wanted a Bronco, but at the time to new, ( best friend just retired from Ford ,Engineer, Wait time was also an issue) I am that guy that tries to buy American , I bought a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4
I like the trail management system, Great for newbies, the truck is amazing , every time out it impresses me more, it also has impressed s few Toy and Jeep guys.
Got a Yakima rack, and low end Smitty Built RTT, and a Yakima bed extender for my kayaks .
It needs a suspension leveling kit and a little bigger tires, but it marked no sense to upgrade at this time as why not put 20-30 k before I upgrade, no need to hurry,and as it turns out , I have done some technical trails, it did most everything the Jeep did except one portion .
I have since have decided to go in a different direction, RTT is no longer my thing, I am looking at a tear drop or a slide in truck camper?
I have done trips to Patagonia Mnts, White Mountians, Tonto NF, Flag Staff,
Bartlett Lake, Rosevelt Lake , Payson, Page/Utah, Lake Mead boulders city, and and then up to Tahoe ,
I will be retiring so I want to do a 30 day trip

Attachments