First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Everyone.

Currently live in MD. Came from NorCal. Purchased a 2020 Gladiator Sport S and started building it up. It has the following:
-upgraded suspension to Rubicon take-offs and 2" AEV spacer kit
-rubicon bumpers
-35" Nitto Grappler Tires
-custom designed Dissent Offroad bed and roof rack. Bed rack doors can be removed for a skeleton style setup
-bed soft topper
-Torro Offroad Skylux tent

future upgrades/additions:
-ARB dual air compressor
-water storage of some kind
-kitchen
-inverter

Experience:
Weekend warrior for camping mostly. Camped across the US during my Summer 21 trip. Currently preparing for a 2+ week trip down to Outer Banks, over to Ozarks, and some desert and mountain camping and trails.
Greetings Timothy, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from North Central Oklahoma. I currently have a 2017 Subaru Forester. I've been overlanding long before I heard the term overlanding. Most trips involve fly fishing. My rig is constantly evolving...
Greetings Olen, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Homebase: Central California

Vehicle: 2019 Ford F150

Camping from vehicles and enjoying the great outdoors since I was a kid. Love exploring, and experiencing new adventures by two and four wheels. Glad to find this community of like minded individuals who enjoy the outdoors as I do.
Greetings Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone,

I've been here for a while but never got around to posting. I'm based out of the Chicago area and drive a 2018 Outback with a few upgrades to make it more capable and reliable.

I want to consider myself a beginner but I know that isn't accurate. So maybe cautiously moderate. Cautious because I wheel it like I need it to get to work on Monday.

By the groups definition of Overlanding, I've been involved since the early 80's tagging along with my dad on regular multiple country drives in his van. I started going on adventures myself with an XJ Cherokee in the late 90's.

Most recent we drove the 7 Hour Plane Crash Trail as part of the Fl4tFest Overland Adventure.
Hello Daniel, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Thanks for the add. I am in the Hillcountry area of Texas. My rig is a Gladiator on 35’s with a High Altitude XT50 trailer. Novice to overlanding although I spend a lot of time camping on our deer lease. View attachment 245892
Greetings John, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello there -

I'm a new member but a long time YouTube viewer.

Pic - attached
Location - Fort Worth., TX
Rig - 2010 Ford Raptor
Experience - can be subjective, but I've roamed and done some stuff here and there :) fully self contained except for a shower system (yet).

I've built the rig solo and very pleased so far. Not many Raptors in the overland community but starting to see some pop up recently. I'm representing the Gen 1's.

Pic of this weekends trip (not the best iPhone camera)View attachment 245922
Greetings Les, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello there -

I'm a new member but a long time YouTube viewer.

Pic - attached
Location - Fort Worth., TX
Rig - 2010 Ford Raptor
Experience - can be subjective, but I've roamed and done some stuff here and there :) fully self contained except for a shower system (yet).

I've built the rig solo and very pleased so far. Not many Raptors in the overland community but starting to see some pop up recently. I'm representing the Gen 1's.

Pic of this weekends trip (not the best iPhone camera)View attachment 245922
Hallo Les
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all! My name is Tanner, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I'm fairly new to offroading/overlanding - my mom has had a Jeep Wrangler Sport for a few years and I've ridden along with her down some dirt roads and OHV parks. I've also done some backpacking but was always intrigued by the possibilities of vehicle-based camping. After a few years of research and debate, I decided to dive right in and got a 2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison this March and have been loving it! While looking around the OB app I found Merus Adventure Park on the map, and my girlfriend and I took our first trip out there a few weekends ago and had a blast. I look forward to learning more and building up my skills to match the capabilities of the truck!
Hello Tanner (@PilatusDriver), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey, I'm Saif , father of two, world traveler and part time overlander!

Rig: 2012 Trail Edition 4Runner also named ASSAD!!
Experience: Moderate or since 2007

Work fulltime and like to go out as much as I can! Love solo traveling but once in a while I join a group or travel with someone. Like scenic routes and moderate trails 7/10 max!! Not much of a rock crawler but I don't mind some to get to the spot. Favorite area North West.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, new member here. Located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I drive a 2021 Ford Ranger towing a DIY 4x7 offroad trailer (edit, 4x7)
Trailer build thread here: Wolverine RVGP
Civilian overlanding experience would be considered novice.
Military overlanding experience; Grizzly AVGP, BV206

Any 5G Ranger owners in the Calgary AB area here?
Hello and welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, looks like I've been a member for a while but I'm just now getting started looking around.
I'm from the Pacific Northwest USA.
Currently drive a 2020 Ram with 8ft bed. (don't have any pics yet)
New to overlanding but loving it.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all! I’m Chad. I’m a long time off-road enthusiasts located in Southern California with a fabrication background. The main rig is a 2001 Toyota Sequoia that I’ve outfitted for our family dispersed camp trips and exploring. I’m also working on a more aggressive build based off a 1960 cj for more extreme terrain exploring.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thank fof thr invite..I'm
Russ johnson
Antioch,Ca
2020 jeep gladiator sport S
Stock..automatic..33in.tires
I enjoy camping/fishing...and
road-tripping...new to off roading
I would like to join a jeep club or a group to go off roading

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone! I'm Sam from San Diego and new to Off-Roading. 3 years ago I decided that I needed to get outdoors more often and get camping. The pandemic jammed up my plans for a bit with the car market, so I've been doing some backcountry camping in Joshua Tree. I was finally able to get an FJ Cruiser recently so looking forward to getting out on the road and experience some new sites.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from the Sunshine Coast of Canada. Currently I am overlanding around Canada and live in my Class B van, Ella, full time. Also along for the journey is my 4Runner Gazoo and our canoe, Sally….yes I named my canoe.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello I've been following Overland Bound on Instagram and figured I'd take advantage of the tools this platform offers. I currently drive a 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS with no other extra bells or whistles yet. I've done the GA traverse once in a 2006 Sequoia and have done Land Between The Lakes in a 2001 cherokee XJ. A couple buddies of mine will be tackling the trail again this upcoming Thanksgiving.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone:

1) Redondo Beach, CA

2) Just starting a 2005 4Runner rig build. Has 53k original miles on it. Wheels & tires done, suspension, RTT & Prinsu waiting to be installed

3) Experience: Novice to overlanding but a lot of experience camping/outdoor due to being a published landscape photographer and automotive commercial cinematographer (Film commercials in the past for Toyota, Mazda, Ford, McLaren)

Excited to be part of the community and would love to share tips in the forums on how everyone can shoot better content for their adventures. @im_jasonanthony

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
John
Orange County, NY
2022 Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed SR5
Not a whole lot of overlanding experience but I've done plenty of camping and ttsilnriding on quads over the years.

I kind of stumbled across this site when someone posted about the TNJT on a Tacoma message board. Looking forward to doing some exploring with my wife in the spring and traversing the TNJT too.

View attachment 244994