freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New to this forum... Been camping in my 24ft RV and got back spending June out at our NP (Badlands, Black Hills/Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Devil's Tower), Yellowstone (got there right when things were closing for the flooding and did an audible and headed north to Glacier), Grand Tetons, Great Smoky) and I live out in OBX. I did a solar/inverter/LiFEPo4 setup on the RV that worked out really great. Did primarily Harvest Host locations for that month with an occasional campground in order to empty tanks.

Switching my camping from the 24ft RV to an overland setup that I'm starting to build out. I got a M1102 military trailer that I use for my "beach cart" - living out here in OBX, NC and I'm on my fifth Bronco (currently own a 68, traded in my MY21 and now a MY22 (other two were a 1994 and a 1995 and gone)). I'm leaning more for a RTT on the M1102 and the MY22 as my tow vehicle. Many more pics and info to come!

Jay D'Angelo
Salvo, NC
Hello Jay, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!

New to the app and overlanding overall.

Rig: 2011 Toyota 4 Runner Trail Edition
Experience: novice

I bought this car as an adventure car for me and my son. So far we’ve taken it to a couple nearby hiking spots and loved it.
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rig: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser towing an Off Grid Expo 2.0 trailer
Experience: Intermedia wheeling experience with many years tent camping throughout Northern CA. Added the trailer to the mix this past year.

Always looking for new routes, adventures and folks to explore with.
Hello Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi I'm Ed from Raleigh, NC. Currently driving a trusty old 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 35th Anniversary Edition (just 50k miles now w/JDM engine swap) which was mainly used to cart kids to/from baseball/softball tournaments the last decade along the east coast of the US through muddy field parking lots where only soccer moms' Jeeps dared. ;-) Interested in getting into light overlanding in the North Carolina area. Luckily my tires are about due so looking at putting on a modest 1.5" lift and getting AT's vs the straight street tires to make it look less grocery-getter looking (if that's possible!)

View attachment 238669
Hello Ed, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello!

My name is Arne and I‘m from Hamburg in Germany.
I bought an LR4 (called „Discovery 4“ over here) about three years ago. After lots of repairs I did my first overlanding trip (to Norway) this year and it was such a great experience!
I just singned up here and I’m looking forward to connect with this great community sharing the same interests.

Arne
Hello Arne, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New to this forum... Been camping in my 24ft RV and got back spending June out at our NP (Badlands, Black Hills/Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Devil's Tower), Yellowstone (got there right when things were closing for the flooding and did an audible and headed north to Glacier), Grand Tetons, Great Smoky) and I live out in OBX. I did a solar/inverter/LiFEPo4 setup on the RV that worked out really great. Did primarily Harvest Host locations for that month with an occasional campground in order to empty tanks.

Switching my camping from the 24ft RV to an overland setup that I'm starting to build out. I got a M1102 military trailer that I use for my "beach cart" - living out here in OBX, NC and I'm on my fifth Bronco (currently own a 68, traded in my MY21 and now a MY22 (other two were a 1994 and a 1995 and gone)). I'm leaning more for a RTT on the M1102 and the MY22 as my tow vehicle. Many more pics and info to come!

Jay D'Angelo
Salvo, NC
Hello Jay, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone!

New to the app and overlanding overall.

Rig: 2011 Toyota 4 Runner Trail Edition
Experience: novice

I bought this car as an adventure car for me and my son. So far we’ve taken it to a couple nearby hiking spots and loved it.
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Experience: Intermedia wheeling experience with many years tent camping throughout Northern CA. Added the trailer to the mix this past year.

Hello Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

That is a nice looking trailer. Enjoy your trips with it.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi I'm Ed from Raleigh, NC. Currently driving a trusty old 2004 Subaru Legacy Wagon 35th Anniversary Edition (just 50k miles now w/JDM engine swap) which was mainly used to cart kids to/from baseball/softball tournaments the last decade along the east coast of the US through muddy field parking lots where only soccer moms' Jeeps dared. ;-) Interested in getting into light overlanding in the North Carolina area. Luckily my tires are about due so looking at putting on a modest 1.5" lift and getting AT's vs the straight street tires to make it look less grocery-getter looking (if that's possible!)

View attachment 238669
Hello Ed, welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 238669
Hi Ed,

I like the Subis, they are great rigs. Have fun and many great tours with yours.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi I’m Brie. I enjoy camping & hiking and I’m always looking for new spots to explore!
Hi Brie,

That tent over the bed of your truck looks like an interesting setup. If you like please tell us more about it. Thank you.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Jetblue004

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hayward, CA 94542, USA
First Name
Jannette
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Hi I’m Brie. I enjoy camping & hiking and I’m always looking for new spots to explore!
Hi Brie,

That tent over the bed of your truck looks like an interesting setup. If you like please tell us more about it. Thank you.

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern
Welcome to OB!

Alyce

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blum, Texas
First Name
Alyce
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Hello from Texas. I'm between Cleburne & Whitney. Totally newbie here. Grew up camping on Padre Island, my heart & soul is longing to get back into nature.
I have a 2006 Tj Ulim(LJ), stock, wrapped for protection from farm life.

Attachments

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello from Texas. I'm between Cleburne & Whitney. Totally newbie here. Grew up camping on Padre Island, my heart & soul is longing to get back into nature.
I have a 2006 Tj Ulim(LJ), stock, wrapped for protection from farm life.
Hallo Alyce
Nice rig
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden