Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
It is up and going. Do I need up upgrade the app separately? When I click on the member dots close to me it prompts me to up grade.
I would go through the standard troubleshooting. Turn off the app and restart it. Log all the way out and all the way back in. Do a phone/computer restart. If none of that works, get in touch with @Kent R to help you sort it out.
When you're on the map and click member dots, you should get a pop-up window with their basic info.

Frustrating, I know.
Hang in there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
It is up and going. Do I need up upgrade the app separately? When I click on the member dots close to me it prompts me to up grade.
I have sent this to support and hope to get info back soon. Did you receive member #49413 when you signed up? I am having issues finding that number. Moving this to DM

Ark

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Ark
Last Name
Ark
Hey all, I'm glad to have found this community because it seems more inclusive to new members than the exclusive on other overland forums.

I'm relatively new to the term "overlanding" but all my hobbies have kept me outside for the past 30+ years. BMX racing, downhill mountain biking, surfing, bodyboarding, camping, etc... My 06 Land Rover LR3 got me everywhere off the beaten path but I had to give her up because maintenance was starting to get a little expensive.

Fast forward, here I am, married with kids, and trying to turn my economy family hauler 2018 Mazda CX-9 AWD into something more offroad worthy. All I needed was the ability to reliably hop up curbs but have found myself spiraling down a rabbit hole of upgrades... or lack of for the CX-9. Maybe I made the wrong car choice but it's what I have to work with and I can't wait to take the kids to see the outdoors.

The OEM wheels were 20" so I dropped down to 17" and put on fat all-terrain rubber. I was able to do a 1.5" lift on it too (picture is pre-lift)

Attachments

a12houk

Rank VII

Off-Road Ranger I

Rochester, Washington, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Houk
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRQJ715
Hey all, I'm glad to have found this community because it seems more inclusive to new members than the exclusive on other overland forums.

I'm relatively new to the term "overlanding" but all my hobbies have kept me outside for the past 30+ years. BMX racing, downhill mountain biking, surfing, bodyboarding, camping, etc... My 06 Land Rover LR3 got me everywhere off the beaten path but I had to give her up because maintenance was starting to get a little expensive.

Fast forward, here I am, married with kids, and trying to turn my economy family hauler 2018 Mazda CX-9 AWD into something more offroad worthy. All I needed was the ability to reliably hop up curbs but have found myself spiraling down a rabbit hole of upgrades... or lack of for the CX-9. Maybe I made the wrong car choice but it's what I have to work with and I can't wait to take the kids to see the outdoors.

The OEM wheels were 20" so I dropped down to 17" and put on fat all-terrain rubber. I was able to do a 1.5" lift on it too (picture is pre-lift)
Welcome!
Whatever it takes to get outdoors…
A lot of the BDR routes can be done in your Mazda. I think you’ll be fine.

Glad you’re here.

Ocean_Ranger

Rank VII

Pathfinder I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Pickton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6SRP (GMRS WROQ518)

Welcome to the forum!!! Happy that you are here.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Manny, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Manny
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Manny, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Off-Road Ranger III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Manny,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
"Maybe I made the wrong car choice" No you didn't, any rig that gets you to where you want to go is the right choice.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a very active meet-up in the SD area that you can find on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone.
I've been a 2-wheel overlander for the past few years and recently purchased 'the one that got away' from my youth - a '99 Jeep Cherokee - and have been futzing with it for a few months to make it more or less road worthy.
I already have the basics for short-term camping, and I don't have any grand plans for kitting it out but I know I need a rear tire carrier to free up space in the cargo area and possibly a roof rack and awning.

It may not be my forever-vehicle as the new Bronco's are calling me but it's what I got to work with at this time.

I'm based in Northern VA with easy access to W-SW VA, W.VA., and PA.
I'm hoping this group will provide some camaraderie and a good community to get out and enjoy this great country of ours.

- Dave

View attachment 236126
Hello Dave, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Panama City Fl
Used to 4x4 in my 20s (1981-1986)
I have traveled across country a couple of times in the past few years in my 2012 F150 and fell in love with that type of travel and camping.
Installing alu cabin and continuing the adventure.
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey All!

My name Benn. I’m am a complete novice. Grew up a city boy and never did any camping or anything else outdoors. I‘d like to change that and go on many adventures with my 4 year old.

We live in the western suburbs of Chicago.
I drive a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. Haven’t done too much to it otherthan leveling it out and better tires, BFG KO2s.
We are planning a big trip out West next year and I’d like to learn from this community on how to prepare for it.

Thanks!

BennView attachment 236195
Hello Benn, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings Overlanders!

I am new to the adventure but enjoy what little I have done. My brother and my two sons spent 3 days traveling through George Washington National Forest last month. We had a great time and are hoping to do a trip to Talladega National Forest this fall. I drive a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi folks,
1) Picture pending!
2) North Carolina. East of I95.
3) 2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Diesel.
4) Novice. Did some Uwharrie trails in my Wrangler years ago. Have done nothing with the Colorado, new purchase.

Have done primitive camping, trail hiking and backpacking, and have trekked as far north as the boundary waters.

Had an RV parked at White Oak Shores (local riverside campground) for 5 years. Wasn’t a fan of being packed into campsites like sardines and am now looking for good places to get away for a night or two with seclusion.

Really like primitive tent camping locally, but would like faster setup and takedown as my work-free windows are a late afternoon to next-day noon, and haven’t relished 3-hour set up and takedown events chewing up my fun time.Alone I’m usually a minimalist ultralight camper but these days Im hauling wife and kids who want cooked meals and creature comforts.

Shopping an overland trailer (build or buy) that I can pull out in the middle of nowhere with an hour of setup and takedown and seclusion. Planning to upfit Colorado as well.

Looking at Croatan, Cape Lookout, the northern beaches and other dispersed camping options.

Hoping to find some like-minded folks and am searching the forums and seeing some great discussion!
Hello Joseph, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
H everyone! My name is Conor. I've been an outdoor enthusiast/athlete my entire life. My mom had me surfing as soon as I could walk. I've been close to nature ever since. I live in the Bay Area, Northern California. I drive a 2022 Cummins Ram 2500, slightly modified. Lots to do, but parts are tough to come by at the moment. The original idea was to put a pop up camper on it but I decided to go with a tent instead which I'm very happy about. My other rig is a modified Subaru Outback that likely won't be around much longer, as I'll soon be on the hunt for something smaller and more capable than my truck
Hello Conor, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Realize I never did this. My name is Dan and I live in Connecticut. Moved here from Colorado. Posting this from a camp site in New Hampshire

Vehicle is a 2018 gx460 with dobinsons suspension, trd pro wheels, prinsu rack, etc. love it. Thanks for all the great resources on this forum
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Manny, welcome to the OB family.