First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings everyone!
I have been a spectator of over landing community for a long time. My job took me to overland expo several times, and my family and I love being outdoors. We took the plunge this December and bought a 2009 GX470. It's bone stock, except for some new M/T tires going on today! :sunglasses: it's been to the top of Daniel Trail in Uwharie NC and ran the Dirt Devil in TN. The next step is an overnight trip. View attachment 229076

I'm excited to get out and explore.
Hello Andrew, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Greetings everyone!
I have been a spectator of over landing community for a long time. My job took me to overland expo several times, and my family and I love being outdoors. We took the plunge this December and bought a 2009 GX470. It's bone stock, except for some new M/T tires going on today! :sunglasses: it's been to the top of Daniel Trail in Uwharie NC and ran the Dirt Devil in TN. The next step is an overnight trip. View attachment 229076

Hallo Andrew
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello, all!

I'm Lee.

1. Nashville, Tennessee
2. 2022 4Runner TRD ORP, no major (expensive) upgrades yet
3. New to overlanding (just gone some places I shouldn't have with Civic/Accord--and got away with it)
Hallo Frederik
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Howdy!

I'm Ben, from West Texas/Southern NM. My main rig for now is a 1987 Jeep Comanche with a 2.5, 2.5" of lift, and 31's. I'll post pics as soon as I can. As far as experience, I'd say I'm moderately experienced, as I've done a fair bit of overlanding for work as an archaeologist. Thanks for letting me join!
Hi Ben,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Archaeologist, that sounds like a super interesting task.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern
welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello! My name is John. I just recently moved to Coeur D Alene, ID. Originally from Santa Barbara, Ca.

Welcome to the team!

I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road.

I'm a beginner to off-roading, but not to the outdoor life. I'm an avid backpacker and hiker. I've been on several trips so far, with the most recent being in Sept. 2021 with a trip to the Overland Expo in Arizona. What a blast! Got to meet the people that got me started on this adventure (Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland, etc). The overland community has been very gracious and helpful.
Welcome To Overland Bound John
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
@Sandpoint Steve has a online meet up with members in your area.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Look forward to meeting everyone ! Happy Trails!
Hallo Scott
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Vehicle:1982 Jeep CJ7
Overland Experience: Novice (As a civilian at least. I drove and lived out of Jeeps and Humvees in all sorts of interesting environments during my time in the Army)
Why Overlanding?: I want to get out on the trails and put my Jeep to use the way that it was intended. I'm just starting to build it out and to start exploring.
Welcome!
Welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello! My name is John. I just recently moved to Coeur D Alene, ID. Originally from Santa Barbara, Ca.

Welcome to the team!

I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Off-road.

I'm a beginner to off-roading, but not to the outdoor life. I'm an avid backpacker and hiker. I've been on several trips so far, with the most recent being in Sept. 2021 with a trip to the Overland Expo in Arizona. What a blast! Got to meet the people that got me started on this adventure (Lifestyle Overland, Expedition Overland, etc). The overland community has been very gracious and helpful.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello,
Jon Lambert here, I'm new to the membership, but not new to the overland concept. I've been following several of the overland channels on youtube for sometime now. Although my wife & I have not done much "overlanding" (not much in the midwest that I'm aware of.) We love camping and exploring whether that be hiking, Mtn biking etc. I've been on a handful of camping trips at a campground with the rig, but I want to get off the beaten path and wake up to some amazing views.

We live in Northern Illinois. I'm hoping to develop some community with-in the forum and get tips on dispersed camping locations

My Rig: Also daily driver - (2016, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Sport, Front Runner rack on a Leer Topper, with an FSR High Country 55 roof top tent.) I love to cook and have built a drawer system and use it for storage and a camp kitchen.
Hello Jon, welcome to Overland Bound!
Welcome to the team!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Howdy!

I'm Ben, from West Texas/Southern NM. My main rig for now is a 1987 Jeep Comanche with a 2.5, 2.5" of lift, and 31's. I'll post pics as soon as I can. As far as experience, I'd say I'm moderately experienced, as I've done a fair bit of overlanding for work as an archaeologist. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to Overland Bound, as the others have stated welcome and let us know if you need any thing or have questions.

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, my name is Terence and I'm a novice in Overlanding, but have been into outdoors and camping all my life. I live between the Ozarks and Ouchita mountains in Russellville, AR. Just recently bought a 2021 Chevy Trailboss and decided to begin to build my first overland vehicle. While also rebuilding a 1975 International Scout ii. Hope to learn and contribute to the group.
Welcome to the team!!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello, all!

I'm Lee.

1. Nashville, Tennessee
2. 2022 4Runner TRD ORP, no major (expensive) upgrades yet
3. New to overlanding (just gone some places I shouldn't have with Civic/Accord--and got away with it)
Welcome

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello,
Jon Lambert here, I'm new to the membership, but not new to the overland concept. I've been following several of the overland channels on youtube for sometime now. Although my wife & I have not done much "overlanding" (not much in the midwest that I'm aware of.) We love camping and exploring whether that be hiking, Mtn biking etc. I've been on a handful of camping trips at a campground with the rig, but I want to get off the beaten path and wake up to some amazing views.

We live in Northern Illinois. I'm hoping to develop some community with-in the forum and get tips on dispersed camping locations

My Rig: Also daily driver - (2016, Toyota, Tacoma TRD Sport, Front Runner rack on a Leer Topper, with an FSR High Country 55 roof top tent.) I love to cook and have built a drawer system and use it for storage and a camp kitchen.
Welcome Joe
New myself to OB.
Thanks for the rig pics!
Love it.
Mik
Welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone, new member but not to the custom car community. Have had many show cars over the years but now just want to be able to enjoy life and my family and overlanding and camping is something that we all enjoy!

Rig: 2018 f150 4x4 with the 2.7 ecoboost, will be starting a build on this from one hundred percent stock in the next few months
Experience: Novice to intermediate, have done some dumb stuff in a rig that was more capable than I was at the time. But now with a family of five, I am way more cautious.
Hallo William
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden
Welcome to the team!

CaptRex

Rank V

Advocate II

Hampton, VA, USA
First Name
Ryann
Last Name
Del Rosario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fulcrum1
Service Branch
USAF
Hi all!

My name's David. I’m a San Francisco based woodworker who gets outside as much as work and family will allow. I grew up in the north bay and, thanks to my dad, got to explore some roads now long-closed to the public. I wish I could remember more of them!

My husband and I get out about once a month for a three or four day weekend. After retirement in a few years, we hope to spend three months a year exploring our amazing continent, a few miles at a time!

I daily drove my family's '71 Bronco for 35 years or so (when it was running). Did a big restomod on it a few years ago and discovered that, surprise, even with all that work it still drove like an accident aggressively trying to happen at any speed above 50. So we moved on (after a few tears) to the 2017 WK2 in my profile pic. I've installed a winch, some underbody protection and 70 series KO2's, but am trying to do more adventuring than wrenching with her. My current project is a kitchen drawer/sleeping platform that will hopefully make setting up and breaking camp a less-than an hour event.

I'm really looking forward to connecting with other members and getting out on roads less traveled.
Hi David

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Welcome to the team!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Everyone, I look forwarding to gaining insight and knowledge from the group. My son and I have been camping for about a year. We are currently in Texas and have only camped in the state. Love what we've done so far but looking to branch out and cross state lines. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro with an RTT. I take delivery of a Schutt XV2 in May to help up our game. Storage has been my primary issue and this should help. Very novice. Lots of questions. Thanks for having me!!!
View attachment 228608
Great looking set up. Welcome aboard

ThorDev81

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Liberty Township, OH, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Horton
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Charles.

Located in south west Ohio
Currently a 2016 Mazda CX-5 though looking to upgrade this year to something more rugged and tow capable.
I have little to no overland experience though I have a ton of camping experience. All tent camping though I recently picked up a pop-up trailer.

dbpokemon

Rank V

Explorer I

Muscatine, Iowa, United States
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0ISW
Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the group Andrew.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R