Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Hey, I am Haden gravely from upstate SC,
Me, My faience, and our dog explore all over North Carolina, Georgia,and Tennessee. Not new to the sport but very new to OB looking forward to meeting new friends and learning from everyone!
Welcome and hello!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hey, I am Haden gravely from upstate SC,
Me, My faience, and our dog explore all over North Carolina, Georgia,and Tennessee. Not new to the sport but very new to OB looking forward to meeting new friends and learning from everyone!
Welcome. Digging the rig.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hi. Alex from NJ here. Just signed up. Interested in learning more about overlanding. Currently own 2003 Toyota Sequoia which I am going to turn into a very mild camping/fishing/exploring rig. I have been camping for years but no real overlanding experience.
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to your posts.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hey guys! My name is Tommy. From Denver Colorado. Currently overlanding with my wife of 15yrs and 6yr old daughter. We run a 2018 Tacoma, and the last 2019 Patriot X1GT to come to the states.
We love the Rockies, but truly enjoy Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. We’re spoiled here in the mile high city!

Can’t wait to meet more of you all!
Having the family involved makes things so much better. My wife and step kid are just now on board.

Welcome to the group

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hi I'm Thomas abrams

Rig: 2019 f150 4x4 I have a 23zero roof top tent with the RCI bed rack 23zero shower and a Roam 8ft awning 2.5 inch leveling kit with 35x12.50 M/T

I'm new to overlanding but not new to camping looking forward to learning alot of tips and tricks
Welcome to the group. Man you have an awesome sounding set up.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning to everyone. North Texas area. Just new and getting into overlanding. Lots of questions to come. Thanks in advance.
Hello Kevin (@Emeryk13 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
hi I'm Rick,

alittle bit about myself;

I'm originally born in Long Beach, but moved to the bay area when I was young and now currently reside In the 209 Tracy Ca.

Rig: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Turbo Diesel

I'm mainly looking to meet like minded individuals into overlanding and some offloading also.

I'm also the @dmv_jeeps California Chapter President. just a bunch of jeep guys that get-together and hang out and hopefully start overlanding with.

if your near by hmu let's hit the road , explore , and go on an adventure ✨️.

you can follow me on Instagram Wk2_Beast I will follow back!!! Happy Overlanding everyone!!!
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Nash Vegas!

The other day, my Doctor said "You need to get a hobby." I am a semi-retired workaholic who has decided revisit the activities I enjoyed in the past. Fishing, camping and traveling the highways and byways. I feel confident this community can help fulfill my needs.
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all!

Hailing from Santa Barbara, CA. Driving a 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Sport short bed. Novice on the overlanding front. Truck is about to get a makeover, so will upload a picture after all the mods are done
Hello David, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,
new member here. No real overlanding experience but very drawn to the concept.I'm in the Pacific NW ( NW Oregon ). A good many years of car camping. Mostly to developed campsite ( ie at least pit toilet and a picnic table ). Always tent camping. Did rent a off-road capable tear drop last summer. We didn't take it off road, but it was eye opener and a game changer, most especially the galley kitchen at back. My wife hates clutter and taking forever to set up / tear down ( not to mention getting packed up to actually leave ). Glancing around the forum and the website / you tube channel I see we have lots of good ideas to learn from to improve our game ! We camp with 2 kids as well, they are at least old enough to be helpful now !
Campgrounds getting so crowded these days, anything reservable has to be booked 6+ months in advance and gets booked up within minutes of availability opening up. Takes all the fun out of spontaneous camping and makes it into the proverbial "rat race". Hence getting off the beaten track and being self sufficient seems to be the way to go.
I drive a 2007 Outback XT (5 sp manual ), other vehicle is a '15 Toyota Highlander, which we usually take camping with the kids. I run Falken Wildpeak tires on both cars. It's not a good camping trip for me unless I come back with dust on the vehicle. Got to get off pavement onto forest / logging roads at least !
I'm in the process of upgrading my vehicle rather radically : 2022 RAM 1500 Rebel on order ! Lots to learn about what I can do in terms of Roof top tents, tonneau covers and all that stuff.
Looking forward to gleaning some good tips from the community here.
Hello Thomas, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Rochester MN. My name is Ethan, I am looking to get into overlanding some this spring/summer. I currently have a 2003 Ford F150 XTL 4x4. I am new to overlanding but not new to the outdoors. I have done a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Southwest but Moved to Rochester in 2020 and now that Covid is calming down, I am wanting to get out and do more again.
Hello Ethan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
What’s up new member here! I have been in the overland/off road community now for 3 years but have been an outdoorsman my whole life. My current load out is my 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD PRO and the off road camp trailer I built. I live in the SoCal area so I’ve done a lot of overlanding and off-roading in the San Bernardino Mountains, Eastern Sierras, Anza Borego and Mojave Desert. I am looking forward to heading out to different places soon. I am also looking forward to taking delivery of a new rig I’ll be building. I have on order a 2022 Ford F-150 Tremor. So stoked for that. Looking forward to being apart of OB community and learning from y’all.
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Overland Bound community!

I actually joined back in early December 21, so now I am finally getting around to introduce myself. I live in Arkansas and enjoying the retired life. I am one of those folks that called "overlanding", camping back in the day. I haven't done serious overlanding in quite a while, but I am ready to get back into it. Back in the late 60s, 70s and 80s I did quite a bit of overlanding/camping in Baja, going to beaches both in the Pacific side and the Sea of Cortez side. I also did explorations in the mountains of Baja, namely the Sierra Juarez and Sierra San Pedro Martir. The vehicles we used ranged from a 60s vintage VW cargo van, a VW Thing and my favorite, a Land Cruise FJ55. The latter was a rust bucket, but it got me everywhere I wanted to go.

My current rig is a 1984 Land Cruiser FJ60, that I have been preparing for overlanding in the last four years as budget permits. I think it is pretty close to being ready.

Hopefully I will meet other members of the OB community to ride along with.

Josep

View attachment 225230View attachment 225231
Hello Josep, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey, finally got around to joining! My name's Josh and I'm located in Trenton Ontario Canada. My current "rig" is a 2012 dodge journey. Not the most capable but for what I had available to me it will do. New to overlanding but I grew up in northern Ontario and my weekends were spent wandering the bush and exploring. Lots of backpack camping.
Hello Josh, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Jim Simmons here. I live in Grand Haven, Michigan...a small harbor town along Lake Michigan. I look forward to joining a few others for an adventure along the CDT in 2023. I have a 2012 Jeep JKU that continues to evolve as I move toward 2023. I'm certain that I can learn from many of you about a bunch of things.
Hello Jim, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Overland Bound friends,

My name is Nate. I am completely new to Overlanding. Im excited to get out and explore but my work schedule and family life makes it difficult. I eager to learn from everyone on here.

1) Location: Salem, OR
2) Rig: 2003 Nissan Xterra
3) Experience: Overland Novice
Hello Nate, welcome to the OB family.