Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello My name is David, I live in Riverbank CA. I recently registered on this forum.
I have experience in camping, backpacking and off-roading.
I hope to meet new friends that enjoy fly fishing and exploring the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountain range along HWY 395. I also enjoy the western slope of the Sierra Nevada as it's a relatively short drive for me.
I'm currently driving an Isuzu Trooper, it works well off-road and has plenty of room for my gear. It has a mild lift and slightly oversized tires.
I recently got my ham license and look forward to meeting you on the net.
Hello David, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Y'all!!!

Joining the adventure with my 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor. Current mods are ARB Skid plates, Shrockworks Rock Sliders and a few interior things. Anxious to learn from all of y'all and build my rig right.
Hello Patrick (@TremorDoc ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you are well on your way to adventure. There is no right or wrong way to build a rig. Just make it to fit your needs and then enjoy. Lots of folks your way to share knowledge with.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! I will upload one once it's daylight out haha I just got my Rig and it's just a bone stock
2) Location Boerne Texas
3) Rig 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice) I'm new to Overlanding, I've been wanting to buy a rig for sometime now and finally did. I look forward to going to some meets to get some advice on gear for my rig and meeting you all online as well.

Thank you!
YodaRunner
Hello Steven (@YodaRunner ), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Always glad to see another Hill Country member. Nothing wrong with a stock vehicle. :wink:

Being between SAT and ATX, you have a choice of meet ups you can attend. There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park. The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Not new, but finally introducing myself.
Name is Greg and I live in northeast CT., USA
65 years old
Vehicle is a 2006 Land Rover LR3
Spent the summer of 2021 building my Land Rover LR3 to take me on a journey. Fell 3 months behind so the journey out was very short, about 28 days.
Worked out some bugs and am tending to them now so I can have a much more fulfilling 2022.
I travel solo. Have done so for many years, but have discovered that solo is becoming too hard. Really hoping to find others, groups to tag on to, as to ad to the experience and mostly learn from
Been off and on off roading since 1977 in various vehicles. Traveled in a motorhome and full times in that for 4 years. I'm now combining the two for what I consider a more intimate way to see this country.
So I will now spend more time here to try and make these connections.
Thanks for the opportunity.

By the way, I am seeing post starting from oldest to newest. I can't seem to find a way to switch that. Help?

Attached are some pics of my LR to which I did all the work meself. ;)
Hello Greg, welcome to the OB family.

Keystone_yota

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brookhaven, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Lloyd
Current Vehicle: 2013 Toyota Tacoma sr5
Overland Experience: None
Why Overlanding?: I’ve been in scouting all of my childhood and am an Eagle Scout with over 100 nights camping. With a passion for anything with 4 wheels and an engine I discovered overlanding and it combines my passion for the outdoors and passion for automobiles. Not knowing anyone that goes off-roading or overlanding currently I’m looking for knowledge about overlanding and places to go overlanding while meeting new people.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
65 years old
Spent the summer of 2021 building my Land Rover LR3 to take me on a journey. Fell 3 months behind so the journey out was very short, about 28 days.
Worked out some bugs and am tending to them now so I can have a much more fulfilling 2022.
I travel solo. Have done so for many years, but have discovered that solo is becoming too hard. Really hoping to find others, groups to tag on to, as to ad to the experience and mostly learn from
Been off and on off roading since 1977 in various vehicles. Traveled in a motorhome and full times in that for 4 years. I'm now combining the two for what I consider a more intimate way to see this country.

By the way, I am seeing post starting from oldest to newest. I can't seem to find a way to switch that. Help?

Hello Greg, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Why Overlanding?: I’ve been in scouting all of my childhood and am an Eagle Scout with over 100 nights camping. With a passion for anything with 4 wheels and an engine I discovered overlanding and it combines my passion for the outdoors and passion for automobiles. Not knowing anyone that goes off-roading or overlanding currently I’m looking for knowledge about overlanding and places to go overlanding while meeting new people.
Hello Gabriel, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
65 years old

Welcome To Overland Bound Greg
This should help with your question, set it up on a lap top and it will cary over to the app.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 5.59.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 6.03.57 AM.png

You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Clerknasty checking in from SW PA with my ‘15 Subaru Outback.

I do overnights all year round, looking for some like minded folks.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! I will upload one once it's daylight out haha I just got my Rig and it's just a bone stock
2) Location Boerne Texas
3) Rig 2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice) I'm new to Overlanding, I've been wanting to buy a rig for sometime now and finally did. I look forward to going to some meets to get some advice on gear for my rig and meeting you all online as well.

Thank you!
YodaRunner
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I also join the adventure with a 2019 4runner. Installed ironman 4x4 stage 3 suspension system with UPA's and currently waiting for southern offroad rock sliders.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Reactions: Shahn and ttechane

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y'all!!!

Joining the adventure with my 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor. Current mods are ARB Skid plates, Shrockworks Rock Sliders and a few interior things. Anxious to learn from all of y'all and build my rig right.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello My name is David, I live in Riverbank CA. I recently registered on this forum.
I have experience in camping, backpacking and off-roading.
I hope to meet new friends that enjoy fly fishing and exploring the Eastern Sierra Nevada mountain range along HWY 395. I also enjoy the western slope of the Sierra Nevada as it's a relatively short drive for me.
I'm currently driving an Isuzu Trooper, it works well off-road and has plenty of room for my gear. It has a mild lift and slightly oversized tires.
I recently got my ham license and look forward to meeting you on the net.
Welcome to Overland Bound David
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a meet-up close to you in Turlock that is on the member map.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Bwana and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon all, my name is Ken Ramirez, I am new to overland camping and my rig is a 87 4runner which I have put together my self and semi-retired looking forward to completing my bucket list, I have much to learn from you all. Be blessed View attachment 218334
Welcome to Overland Bound Ken
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
RESOURCE MAP

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there all, I am Brad and we are Grace Brad and Dusty. The team of us are just getting into overlanding and are very excited to start making adventures iff the beaten path!
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
Boston Area
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2016 Toyota 4runner sr5
4) Overlanding Experience Background - I have been camping my whole life, so,e backcountry hiking, tons of day hikes, avid mountain biker and snowboarder. I have been camping at traditional campsites and some nights out in open land. Nothing more than maintained gravel roads
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys,
I have been present here in the forum for about a month, but haven't introduced myself.

I am from middle TN area. I have a 2007 Toyota 4runned Limited V8. It has slight modifications, leveling lift kit, slightly larger A/T tires. Simple, but capable. Future mods may be a roof rack and rock sliders.

I have camped regularly since I was a child. Most of our travels have stayed close to the beaten paths at campgrounds a state parks, but we have a had a few dispersed camping trips. Either way we are out enjoying the nature around us. If there is an unpaved or gravel road, I will be seeing where it goes, if it is public access, of course.

Thanks for the opportunity to join and welcome to all the other new members.

Adventure is necessary. Let's go!
@Hank Outdoors is a great resource for TN.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY