First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey y'all!

I'm Chris, 47 infantry vet, beginner/novice overlander, professional camper though lol! From Okiehoma, actually currently at Lake Foss state park on my first outing in my 96 c3500 cc/lwb. I know it's a school bus looking, no gas mileage, 6500lbs but it gets me close enough to dismount and pack in.

Looking forward to learning the tips and tricks from y'all. Meeting with members and finding new places I've never seen!

To get a better idea about me I have literally taken a Suzuki swift (geo metro with mo-power!) Off-road into some fairly serious terrain (given the circumstances) but seriously like the old videos used to say... "It doesn't matter what you drive, get outside"
I live it, daily. End goal, full-time overlander!

Thanks for the site! A repository of knowledge!
Hello Chris and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4
Welcome to OB, Will! We're glad to have you here. That's a good looking truck. Enjoy!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey y'all!

I'm Chris, 47 infantry vet, beginner/novice overlander, professional camper though lol! From Okiehoma, actually currently at Lake Foss state park on my first outing in my 96 c3500 cc/lwb. I know it's a school bus looking, no gas mileage, 6500lbs but it gets me close enough to dismount and pack in.

Looking forward to learning the tips and tricks from y'all. Meeting with members and finding new places I've never seen!

To get a better idea about me I have literally taken a Suzuki swift (geo metro with mo-power!) Off-road into some fairly serious terrain (given the circumstances) but seriously like the old videos used to say... "It doesn't matter what you drive, get outside"

Hey Chris, welcome to OB! We're glad to have you here. Look forward to seeing your travels. Enjoy!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey y'all!

Welcome from Tulsa Chris!

@Prerunner1982 and I are your closest SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Facebook Groups

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Hello Will, welcome to Overland Bound.

Jammers1971

Rank 0

Contributor I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Scannell
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7NUF
Service Branch
Army
James
Gilbert, AZ

Newly back into off-roading. Recently picked up a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Have done 4Peaks twice and Crown King, the easy way. Have a lift and tires in the garage, just waiting for a free, cooler, weekend to do the lift. Lol

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

James
Gilbert, AZ

Newly back into off-roading. Recently picked up a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. Have done 4Peaks twice and Crown King, the easy way. Have a lift and tires in the garage, just waiting for a free, cooler, weekend to do the lift. Lol
Welcome to OB, James! We're glad to have you here. Be sure to share when you get those mods on. Enjoy!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
James
Gilbert, AZ

Hello James
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
James
Gilbert, AZ

Welcome to Overland Bound James
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Arizona Member Representative is @freak4life
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all!

Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

My name is Will.

Welcome to Overland Bound Will
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
James
Gilbert, AZ

Welcome!

Scumcraft

Rank II

Contributor III

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Nicholas
Member #

Hey all this is post #1 and I am glad to be here. I've wanted an 80 series since the 90's but I never could afford one, timing was bad, or whatever the reason was. I finally got one earlier this year and I've spent about the last four months catching is up on standard maintenance, fixing small issues, and making sure it's dependable enough for an adventure. In my endless web searching for fixes, tips, and tricks I ran across Michael on YouTube. OLB is a great channel and a regular watch for me. I am an avid camper, outdoorsman, Boy Scout, Asst. Scoutmaster, and get my soul recharged being in the woods. This past weekend was the inaugural trip in my 80 and it was fantastic. I setup camp in the Blue Ridge WMA in N. Georgia and spent 3 nights of peace and quiet. Looking forward to more adventuring and meeting some of you folks in the process. Cheer, ~Adam (a.k.a. Scumcraft)

Attachments

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello,
Alex and Drew from Indiana here! With our 2016 Jeep Wrangler-Atlas.
We are avid campers but new to overlanding. But we have started updating/planning our rig for our first adventure but we have so much to learn!
Excited to be here
Hey Alex and Drew, welcome to OB! We're glad to have you here. There's a wealth of knowledge here and we're all happy to share. Enjoy!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hey all this is post #1 and I am glad to be here. I've wanted an 80 series since the 90's but I never could afford one, timing was bad, or whatever the reason was. I finally got one earlier this year and I've spent about the last four months catching is up on standard maintenance, fixing small issues, and making sure it's dependable enough for an adventure. In my endless web searching for fixes, tips, and tricks I ran across Michael on YouTube. OLB is a great channel and a regular watch for me. I am an avid camper, outdoorsman, Boy Scout, Asst. Scoutmaster, and get my soul recharged being in the woods. This past weekend was the inaugural trip in my 80 and it was fantastic. I setup camp in the Blue Ridge WMA in N. Georgia and spent 3 nights of peace and quiet. Looking forward to more adventuring and meeting some of you folks in the process. Cheer, ~Adam (a.k.a. Scumcraft)

Welcome to OB, Adam! We're glad to have you here. That's a sweet rig, I tried to buy two a few weeks ago but no dice. Enjoy!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound.

Brauma

Rank 0

Contributor I

Zion Crossroads, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Agee
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04CPD
Greetings. I'm not much of al overlander, or rock crawler, I just use my Jeep to get to the trailhead. I stumbled onto your page while trying to figure out the GMRS fee and why it still hasn't changed. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L turbo. I'm near Zions Crossroads, VA.