Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Greetings, new member here from Fort Collins, Colorado. Lots of questions, excited to connect with like minded folks. Will be heading out next month for two weeks and hoping to make the trip better through Overlanding Bound. Just wanting to say hello.
Hello and welcome to the OB family!!

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hi Overlanders!

My name is "Hook" a nickname I've had for a long time. I've been off-roading since I was 18 years old in my first 4wd a 1983 Toyota 4x4 P/U. I left that realm a while back but I am back now at age 56.

I plan on getting back to overland travel/camping. I recently picked up a gem of a vehicle.
My rig is a bone stock 2006 LX-470 with 59K miles on it.. It is in fantastic condition inside and out. I almost hate the upgrades I am planning. (suspension, tires, front and rear bumpers)
I am in Nashville, TN. My overlanding experience is at a Novice level.

Looking forward to getting more involved with this community, especially the Mid-TN area members.

Hook

Reactions: zhookassian

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
I'm new to overlanding but very experienced in camping. I'm hoping to be getting an overland trailer w/rtt soon and start enjoying more remote places of the outdoors in style.
Ride: 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
Experience: Novice

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hey all, my name is Shawn and I travel/work/live fulltime in my 2016 Dodge Ram Promaster city with my rescue dog, Jasper an Australian Blue Heeler. Our home base is Vermont which we are currently in till the fall when we head to South Dakota for a short visit to meet up with a friend, and will head to Arizona to pan for gold for the winter

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
New to the space here! Hubby and I love to take the 2015 Jeep Wrangler w overland SoCal Teardrop trailer out of So Cal area. Have explored Mohave, Owens Valley and Eastern Sierras. I fear that too much ‘publicity’ in large forums could promote too much traffic of some of the pristine places we love to discover. But I’m hoping the group here is all about preservation - and keeping others informed - for the betterment of all. View attachment 207240
the rooftop tent isfor when we’re a party of 4… we call it’The Duplex’..for Just two we leave the tent home.

Reactions: jbcrane

jbcrane

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Crane
Member #

New to the space here! Hubby and I love to take the 2015 Jeep Wrangler w overland SoCal Teardrop trailer out of So Cal area. Have explored Mohave, Owens Valley and Eastern Sierras. I fear that too much ‘publicity’ in large forums could promote too much traffic of some of the pristine places we love to discover. But I’m hoping the group here is all about preservation - and keeping others informed - for the betterment of all. View attachment 207240
the rooftop tent isfor when we’re a party of 4… we call it’The Duplex’..for Just two we leave the tent home.
Hello Terry, nice rig - good to see another Jeep. Love that trailer, too. Could almost make me re-think trailers ;-). Welcome.

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Hi Overlanders!

My name is "Hook" a nickname I've had for a long time. I've been off-roading since I was 18 years old in my first 4wd a 1983 Toyota 4x4 P/U. I left that realm a while back but I am back now at age 56.

I plan on getting back to overland travel/camping. I recently picked up a gem of a vehicle.
My rig is a bone stock 2006 LX-470 with 59K miles on it.. It is in fantastic condition inside and out. I almost hate the upgrades I am planning. (suspension, tires, front and rear bumpers)
I am in Nashville, TN. My overlanding experience is at a Novice level.

Looking forward to getting more involved with this community, especially the Mid-TN area members.

Hook
Welcome to the Family from far North West North Carolina.

Maxximus2021

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pella, Iowa, United States
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Mihalovich
Hello, I’m Larry and new to the group. I recently purchased a 2018 4Runner that has some significant modifications but plenty left for me to dive into and learn. I grew up in Colorado and used to camp a lot with a lifted Toyota pickup but never pursued it further. Fast forward 30 years and have a wonderful wife and amazing daughter so looking to get back into the adventures! Live in Iowa now and would like to meet people and hopefully plan a trip within a year or so for Colorado. Looking forward to using the forums and learning from experienced overlanders!

Attachments

HallnAz

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Arizona, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hall
Rig: 2015 JK Wrangler
Experience: offroading - about 4 years; camping - occasional

Found this site as I'm looking to "get out there" more often. I want to experience more of what AZ offers, and surrounding areas, which will require at least an overnight stay. Joining to obtain more information (experience, knowledge and see what set ups are out there).

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Terri, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, I’m Larry and new to the group. I recently purchased a 2018 4Runner that has some significant modifications but plenty left for me to dive into and learn. I grew up in Colorado and used to camp a lot with a lifted Toyota pickup but never pursued it further. Fast forward 30 years and have a wonderful wife and amazing daughter so looking to get back into the adventures! Live in Iowa now and would like to meet people and hopefully plan a trip within a year or so for Colorado. Looking forward to using the forums and learning from experienced overlanders!
Hello Larry, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rig: 2015 JK Wrangler
Experience: offroading - about 4 years; camping - occasional

Found this site as I'm looking to "get out there" more often. I want to experience more of what AZ offers, and surrounding areas, which will require at least an overnight stay. Joining to obtain more information (experience, knowledge and see what set ups are out there).
Hello Robert
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

Goose&Gander

Rank I

Contributor III

McKinney, Collin County, Texas, United States
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Gustavson
Hello! New Overlander, getting the Wife interested in the outdoors, and tents aren’t a great option. She’s excited about being able to camp without them.
Located in North Texas.
Currently in a stock 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk, planning on some minor upgrades over time. Starting off easy while we work the bugs out of our pack list.
Glad to be here!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Miles (@Goose&Gander ) , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps however @Roots66 is your closest Member Rep.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! Looking fwd to learning a ton and meeting new folks!
Location- Vancouver, WA
Rig- 4Runner & F250

Ready to get out and go!

Thanks,

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thank you so much for the great info Mike, much appreciated!!! Looking fwd to getting out and seeing you sooner than later! Thanks again!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you so much for the great info Mike, much appreciated!!! Looking fwd to getting out and seeing you sooner than later! Thanks again!
I haven’t been out as much this year as in years past, but next year (or early this fall) I plan on making several trips to the west side to visit you all.