Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I’m new to the group. I live in Corbin Kentucky and have been trying out the Kentucky Adventure Tour in my 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 with the baby Duramax in it. Im anxious to find some more trails and rides close by in Kentucky and Tennessee.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors & @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

AlVeitas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wenatchee
First Name
Algirdas
Last Name
Veitas
Member #

Hello!! I'm new to the overlanding scene but old to the driving experience in general.

I recently moved to the Wenatchee area to go back to school.

My partner and I just got a 2013 trail edition 4Runner with 1.5" spacers and some beefy tires, I'm looking to keep the ball rolling on those mods though.

We're also excited at the opportunity to meet new people and get to know the beautiful landscape that the states have to offer!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!! I'm new to the overlanding scene but old to the driving experience in general.

My partner and I just got a 2013 trail edition 4Runner with 1.5" spacers and some beefy tires, I'm looking to keep the ball rolling on those mods though.

We're also excited at the opportunity to meet new people and get to know the beautiful landscape that the states have to offer!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: AlVeitas

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all.
I’m Rogelio, Roger for short. I have a 17 Tacoma located in Los Angeles Ca. No experience off-roading. Prepping the truck to meet people and get experience...
Welcome to Overland Bound Rogelio
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All - new member here. Just got my 2020 4Runner ORP this summer. I'm a long time nomad and have traveled by bicycle quite a bit. Novice to overlanding and excited to get started on the journey. Spend most of my time in the PA/MD area.

Ready to go forth. I'm here to learn. -Scott

View attachment 167204
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

Driving a 2009 Lexus GX470
Located in NYC
Experience is pretty novice, a few weekend camping trip.
will be doing a 3 week off-grid trip through Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado next month!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Chevytau

Rank I

Traveler I

Fallon, NV, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Paul
Member #

Hey everyone,

Driving a 2009 Lexus GX470
Located in NYC
Experience is pretty novice, a few weekend camping trip.
will be doing a 3 week off-grid trip through Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado next month!
Sounds like a great trip! You’re going see some amazing country and you picked a great time of year to see it.

Reactions: Kent R

Hagro524

Rank I

Member I

Edisto Island, SC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Hey y’all,
My name is Drew. I daily a ‘16 Subaru Crosstrek and I have my project ‘93 Jeep XJ (it’s been one of my dream cars since I was little). I work with a member and he has been a great help with this project. He instructed me that if I was serious about doing some trails and I haven’t had a better thing said to me.

U

UgotWheelz

Hello, I am TJ from Portland, Oregon I am preparing to build out my custom built lifted 2017 Ford Focus RS AWD for full time overloading life. I am an experienced bike packer and ultra athlete that grew up in the PNW camping, hiking, boating, and spent all my school breaks traveling in a 1970's Ford Econoline PopTop camper with my family. I will be living full time as a digital nomad with the RS and a small camper trailer. I am also a very experienced mechanic, fabricator, and product designer.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone,
Earlier this year, I was able to fulfill the dream I've had since high school of owning a Jeep Wrangler. Somehow found the 2017 Chief Edition for sale here in the Bay Area. Can't wait to learn more about overlanding!

Rig: 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Chief Edition
Experience: none, started watching overlanding videos on YouTube and can't stop!
Hey that’s great that you found a nice Wrangler! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I guess I will say hi finally. I've been an Overland Bound member for a year but haven't posted before.

I grew up in Wyoming so pretty much my childhood and young adulthood involved driving up to the mountains and camping (but I didn't know it was called Overlanding then), plus a few longer trips out to Dinosaur, Canyonlands, and the Grand Canyon. I spent another 10 years "Overlanding" on a M1A1 tank. Today I reside in the SF Bay area (until I can free myself).

My rig is a 2005 4Runner V6 which is very much a compromise between what I would love to have and what will get me acceptable gas mileage as a daily driver. It has a 2.5 inch Dobinsons lift and plus sized 32" tires. No sliders yet but that will be the next big ticket item.

Anyhow hope to learn more from the forum (I've already made great use of the website) and maybe meet a fellow member or two.

View attachment 167030
Hey Sergei

Nice 4runner! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through December. Our next meet up will be September 13th, in person!

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Welcome,
I am the Northwest Director. @PNW EXPLR is your closest member representative. The US Northwest Region is really starting to pick up with activities so keep your eyes on the Rally Points, and the Overland Bound By Region Northwest for things going on close to you.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, I am TJ from Portland, Oregon I am preparing to build out my custom built lifted 2017 Ford Focus RS AWD for full time overloading life. I am an experienced bike packer and ultra athlete that grew up in the PNW camping, hiking, boating, and spent all my school breaks traveling in a 1970's Ford Econolpne PopTop camper with my family. I will be living full time as a digit nomad with the RS and a small camper trailer. I am also a very experienced mechanic, fabricator, and product designer.
Welcome TJ,
I’m Mike, the Director for the Northwest. @jcgraves3 is heading up the Portland and Willamette Valley. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

Wuksachi_Bears

Rank I

Member I

Ventura County, CA, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Hannum
Member #

Hello, just joined with the intention of getting out and about more and having fun in the great outdoors. My wife and I live in Ventura County, California. I drive the Voodoo Blue '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser Below. We are very new to the offroading side of camping and would love any advice along the way. We mostly stay within 5hrs of home so we can take advantage of our weekends. We look forward to all the adventures and memories along the way.

IMG_20200201_142443.jpg