Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Hey - New member intro here (OB 24118)

First and foremost I love the guiding principles of OB and the concept of adventure is for everyone. I am an avid adventure and outdoor junkie living in the San Francisco Bay Area (small town of Moraga to be specific). Mountain biking, trail running, rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, mountaineering, I'm always game! I just love being outdoors and exploring remote places. Two years ago I climbed Mt. Whitney with some friends and wished I had more time to play in the Alabama Hills and just disappear! Or spend more time down the 395 corridor from Bridgeport to Lone Pine/Independence in the eastern sierras - such a killer zone. Good to have aspirations to look forward to!

I have two boys 9 and 7 and want to make sure they also experience the sense of adventure in the wilds. I hope to meet like minded individuals and learn from folks who are likely way smarter than I am in this space :) My stock 2006 4Runner Limited has served me well for many years however I have recently been looking at the Power Wagon - need space for wife, two boys, and two dogs + gear and 4 bikes! Anyway, I am stoked to here in the forums and looking to connect and learn from others.

Aaron
Hello Aaron, welcome to the OB community. Love your enthusiasm about being a part of the group. We're glad to have you on board.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone, just joined this evening. My
Vehicle: 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Experience: Light to Moderate Off-Roading, Many of the nations national parks.
Overland Bound number: 24839.
Hello Jeff, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello,
My name is Doug and my wife's name is Victoria. We are fairly new to the Overlanding scene. We live in Western, NY , look forward to meeting fellow members. Our vehicle is 2015 Ford F150. We are in the process of outfitting it now. We had been sitting on the fence about joining for quite some time , but at the end of May we did it. View attachment 160021
Hello Victoria and Doug, welcome to the OB community. Glad you finally fell off the fence!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone!

Joined a few weeks ago... My name is Robert and my wife is Letty. I had a Grand Cherokee over 10 years ago and did the Mojave Trail and loved it! I've been lusting after the Wrangler for years and in 2017 bought an Unlimited Rubicon Ricoh that I have been slowly working on. I joined to connect with like-minded people to get out and explore the dirt to relieve myself from the asphalt.

In the process of installing a rooftop tent and building my own custom galley... Can't wait to join some meetups and trips! I do a fair amount of Solo trips because I enjoy the solitude but would like to join others on the trail!
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone, introducing myself and hope everyone is safe and keeping sane.

Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Exp: Just getting started!
Hey Everyone, introducing myself and hope everyone is safe and keeping sane.

Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Exp: Just getting started!
Hello Bryan, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from the PNW,

I am very new to Overlanding and recently realized that I live in one of the best areas of the country to get out and do so. I have been roaming the local forest roads and state land and planning my first overnighter soon. I drive a 2018 Chevy Colorado CCLB Diesel. Can’t wait to raise it up and put new shoes on her. If you are in SW Washington or the Portland area, give me a shout and I would be glad to chat.

Jeff
Hello Jeff, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Y'all!

Payton here, I'm kinda from all over the Eastern Seaboard being active duty Navy, but now get to call Florida home as the wife and I just closed on our first house down in Cape Coral.
I just bought a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss that I am slowly getting rigged up in hopes of overlanding in the near future.
I have no experience per say in overlanding, but immense camping knowledge growing up in the Scouts and Field experience.
Any and all rigging advice is helpful as I am very novice when it comes to vehicles in general, let alone outfitting for overlanding.

Also, for those looking for medical coverage I'm an EMT on top of being a Corpsman with TCCC, ALCS, and Army 68W training so I'm very proficient in my craft and would love to provide if available!

-Cheers, Payton

View attachment 160113
(Fresh off the lot!)
Hello Payton, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current rig: 2003 Chevy Suburban lifted by Suboverland
Experience: A little bit
Happy trails
Hello everyone!!

I just recently became a member when I started building out my rig. I have been interested in overlanding for a while but didn’t have a rig until now. My wife and I took our 2014 GX 460 for its first trip last week to Cloudcroft NM. We had a blast and are looking forward to more adventures!! I would really like to meet members (local and far) to share stories, go on rides and get advice to continue building up our rig.

2014 GX 460
Old Man Emu 3” lift
Fuel Blitz wheels with Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
Prinsu Roof Rack
Personally built cooler slider
Hello Gabriel, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone!
My name is Joel and I am super excited to be a new member of Overland Bound! I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD offroad, and Iove Roadtrips and camping with my family but I am now looking to expand my adventures a little further!

Here are a few pics of my Tacoma on my current roadtrip!
Hello Joel, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Rig: 2006 Silverado 2500HD
Experience: Plenty of camping in general but zero overland

I am just starting to build out my rig. Waiting on a universal rack from RCI Offroad and I have a Eezi-Awn Series 3 1800 rooftop tent sitting on the ground waiting to be installed. Looking forward to finding many adventures and meeting some of you all in the process.
Hello Jason, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey! My name is Mitch and I have a bit of a truck and camping fetish! I’ve always been a camper, usually in a tent or a travel trailer, and while I still do that, I am really wanting to have a bit more freedom. Some changes in my life have given me the freedom to expand my horizons, so I figured “what the heck!” I’m gonna chase some sunsets. I’m home based in central Florida and am in the process of building out my rig with an eye towards sustainable travel with minimal “stuff”. I’m excited and I look forward to the adventure!
View attachment 160219
Meet Hoss!
Hello Mitch, welcome to the OB communtiy.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey people, my name is Michael, I am a Leo and I like like long drives in the outback with my mate, Howard. I live in Sydney Australia and Meet Howard the Hilux, he is my blue friend (Trust me it is blue under that dirt) Usually he needs a bath as I would rather drive him than wash him.
He is a work in progress as after every trip I find something I want to change, hey it keeps me out of the pub and too poor to afford a mistress So the wife is happy.
View attachment 160220
View attachment 160225
Hello MIchael, welcome to the OB community.

Adrianthedad

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Habicht
Member #

Hello all,
I’m Adrian, single dad of 3 awesome boys. Live in North Phoenix and run an Air Conditioning Recycling company.
Our current rig of choice is a 2011 Jeep JKU.
I work a lot but whenever we can we take off and explore all Arizona and now even up into Utah.
We have a decent setup and it works for us, I’m constantly updating it and making it fit our needs better. Hope to meet up with some of you all someday.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all,
I’m Adrian, single dad of 3 awesome boys. Live in North Phoenix and run an Air Conditioning Recycling company.
Our current rig of choice is a 2011 Jeep JKU.
I work a lot but whenever we can we take off and explore all Arizona and now even up into Utah.
We have a decent setup and it works for us, I’m constantly updating it and making it fit our needs better. Hope to meet up with some of you all someday.
Hello Adrian, welcome to the OB community. I'm thrilled to hear you say you get out with your boys as often as you can. That's awesome.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone! My wife and I just joined this week and are very excited to be apart of this community. We are in Eastern Idaho but also spend a lot of time in the Bozeman area. We are driving a 2020 Toyota Tacoma and have two dogs that get to go on all the adventures with us!
Welcome Mr And Mrs Brown,
I’m the Northwest Regional Director for Overland abound Northwest. @David H is your closest Member Representative locates in Boise, Idaho. We are dedicated to helping new adventures navigate the forums as well as the trail systems close to you. Check out the Member’s Map for other members close to you. The Reoccurring 2nd Sunday Of The Month Southern Idaho Conference call is a great place to make new friends, learn about Overlanding, and share your past and future trips. Just fallowing David’s conference call is @Sandpoint Steve (inland Northwest Member Representative) with his Inland Northwest Conference Call. Usually a bit more technical, but still very fun and informative.
Due to the ever changing COVID guidelines and policies, we have started invite only trips to keep numbers down. The best way to find out about trips and social distancing gatherings is to reach out to active members on the Map. Also Member Reps and Myself are pretty informed in stuff going on, so feel free to ask via DM and we will gladly share our knowledge.